• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heep-J4000
    350 Buick
    • Feb 09, 2014

Transport options for a jeep truck roof piece

Hello all ,
    I like to know your ideas or best options to have a cab roof from a jeep j-series truck transported from North Carolina to Florida.

The plan is to buy a cab roof with brow from a jeep truck from Watson's and sons in North Carolina and have it shipped to riverview Florida.
    From there it goes into a container with lot of other things to be shipped to Holland.

So I like to hear from you what for experience do you have with transporting parts on a pallet through the country and which options are there available and that don't cost me a arm and leg!
    I have contacted Watson's and sons and they are willing to strap it on a pallet , but I need to arrange the transportation myself!
    I did buy and had already enough parts shipped through the US , but never had to arrange the shipment myself.
    So like to hear from you about the do's and don'ts.

Thanks much!
    Mees
    Jeep "because mother nature hates flat roads to"

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=180974

99' Dodge ram 2500 4x4 crew cab 5.9 Cummins ,backup work truck for now
    73' Jeep J4000 (named Heep or Desert Dragon) amc 360 V8 converted to LPG with T15/D20 (was my daily work truck for thirteen years and is getting major overhaul at the moment!)
    80' Jeep cj5 350 V8 Chevy/sm420/D300 project
    70/71 Jeep J4000 parts truck with Buick 350

Former vehicles:
    85' Volkswagen caddy mk1 1.6 diesel.
    83 Toyota land cruiser BJ42 3.4 diesel.
  • bkilby
    350 Buick
    • Jan 10, 2016

Strapping it to a pallet and shipping to Fl. shouldn't be a big deal. I get it's hard to arrange shipping yourself when you're out of the country though. I use a broker company called Globaltranz. I have an account with them so I just log in, enter the info and get quotes from various carriers. You might give them a shot and see what they can do for you.

GlobalTranz helps shippers of all size reduce transportation costs while driving efficiencies to help grow your business.
    1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• Heep-J4000
      350 Buick
      • Feb 09, 2014

Thanks bkilby ,

The whole thing is not really difficult as you said
      I arranged the shipping for bigger truck parts that went to Ireland myself before ,so I know what is involved!

But it's the thing I'm not in the US myself that makes it a bit more thinking work!

Thanks for the link ,Im going to look into it!
      Jeep "because mother nature hates flat roads to"

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=180974

99' Dodge ram 2500 4x4 crew cab 5.9 Cummins ,backup work truck for now
      73' Jeep J4000 (named Heep or Desert Dragon) amc 360 V8 converted to LPG with T15/D20 (was my daily work truck for thirteen years and is getting major overhaul at the moment!)
      80' Jeep cj5 350 V8 Chevy/sm420/D300 project
      70/71 Jeep J4000 parts truck with Buick 350

Former vehicles:
      85' Volkswagen caddy mk1 1.6 diesel.
      83 Toyota land cruiser BJ42 3.4 diesel.

Comment

Working...
      X