• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beloth
    350 Buick
    • Jun 06, 2003

AZDEQ EMISSIONS CHANGE FOR TUCSON AZ!!!

Thought i would share this info with Tucson FSJ folks...found this out at work the other day (MVD)
    AZDEQ is currently going thru the vehicles with odd vins #(i believe the last few digits of the VIN)...and is changing them over to two year intervals....then supposedly next year the even # vins get converted....

Tucson is supposedly going to goto the same emissions standards test that Phoenix uses...Phoenix folks might be able to share what that entails....

Dunno anything else at this time...if cost of test goes up or when the test changes go into effect...you can call AZDEQ and get told this stuff if you want to try to get more info...they are not really being too sharing in info right now since they just got this started....

This stuff makes me Pi$$ed off since they did this on the down low with no prenotification to anyone....
    1966 wag "JENNY" w/1973 drivetrain
    330K miles w/360 V8 2bbl (HEI installed ), flowmaster muffler
    TH400 /Dana 20 transfer case D30 /D44 w/ 3.73's LT235/75/R15 AT tires. lift shackles in frt. 2 in lft; w/ TAD's Dozer bumpers! Cost $700 -now total cost=?
  • jaber
    Dragin Az
    • Oct 17, 2003

I've been worried they might do something like that up here. Lots of Kalifornians movin' in.....
    Jeff

'43 cj2a
    '51 Willys p/u
    '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
    '68 Panel Delivery
    '74 CJ5
    '75 J-20 Wrecker
    '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
    '77 J-10 p/u
    '79 Cherokee
    '88 Grand Wagoneer
    '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• beloth
      350 Buick
      • Jun 06, 2003

MORE INFO GOTTEN:

only the OBD vehicles--1996 and newer are getting the 2 year emissions...the older ones are still year to year....still no word though if they are going to toughen the emissions test for those since we are having Tucson being "upgraded" to Phoenix emissions testing now....
      1966 wag "JENNY" w/1973 drivetrain
      330K miles w/360 V8 2bbl (HEI installed ), flowmaster muffler
      TH400 /Dana 20 transfer case D30 /D44 w/ 3.73's LT235/75/R15 AT tires. lift shackles in frt. 2 in lft; w/ TAD's Dozer bumpers! Cost $700 -now total cost=?

Comment

• tazzerzz
        327 Rambler
        • Jan 31, 2007

Just a matter of time before this Migrates to Flagstaff
        1980 j10 w/Brow and a nice fresh dent on the bed

Comment

• misfittom138
          350 Buick
          • Dec 19, 2007

My idea to swap a 66 or older body onto my jeep is sounding better by the day. No emissions testing required.
          81 Wagoneer 360/727/208, lockrite rear/welded front,4.10s, 7"SOA/shackle flip,3" body,OBA,37" Iroks,chopped,caged,highsteer,hydro assist....

Comment

• G_$
            232 I6
            • Nov 18, 2008

Originally posted by beloth
            Thought i would share this info with Tucson FSJ folks...found this out at work the other day (MVD)
            AZDEQ is currently going thru the vehicles with odd vins #(i believe the last few digits of the VIN)...and is changing them over to two year intervals....then supposedly next year the even # vins get converted....

Last week I too noticed on the MVD web site, or maybe my emissions print out, that they were going to 2 year testing.

I live out of the Tucson testing area by about 3 miles, but in a tested zip code. So fortunately, the Jeep (not a daily driver) therefore does not need emissions since it is not used to commute to work in the testing area. I did have to pay my 12 bucks last week for the 2002 truck's computer test since I drive it to work. 55 minutes of my life I will never reclaim. (50 minutes in line, and 5 minutes extra waiting for the emissions guy to flirt with the gal in the car in front of me after my 'test' was done)
            No FSJ right now.

Comment

Working...
            X