X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Southern Missouri Meet thoughts....

Maybe in the fall for a week long thing.?

Lets hear yer idears ...

I don't have any restrictions for me and the pooch. I should still have a week of vacation time left. I would just prefer it in the fall after the heat breaks..
    I might just be there to camp out, unless the FSJ fairies get my J10 roadable by then. I do hope to at least drive this there

Last edited by HOOT; 05-29-2014, 09:51 PM.
    Tom Gibson
    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.
  • Jjkage84
    327 Rambler
    • May 18, 2011

Count me in! Maybe not for a week, but its only about 2.5 hours from my house.
    1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=141075

www.youtube.com/JeepKage101

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• j2sax
      350 Buick
      • Mar 20, 2003

SMORR.net

Southwest Missouri Off Road Ranch is a great place for a meet... I know I have mentioned it before, but it has great campgrounds, 900 acres of trails, (I probably have a couple of extra vehicles for prissy rig drivers that want to hit the trails but not in their pretty Jeeps!)

Close to Springfield, Branson and even a drag strip. Excellent restrom/shower facilities and electrical for those that need it!
      Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I'm OK with a weekend event if need be.
        I would prefer the middle of the week because of crowds.
        Tom Gibson
        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• del
          327 Rambler
          • Apr 13, 2006

sweet

I'm in for a weekend. Trying to get trans back in so I can maybe make ECI this weekend. I'm out of town twice in JUly, but I don't like camping in the heat. Fall would be great. Only other thing on the schedule is Cordova second weekend in Sept. that I go to. Someone pick a date and lets do this....Del
          1987 Wagoneer
          4" BDS Springs, 31"x10.50's
          401/727/229

Comment

• del
            327 Rambler
            • Apr 13, 2006

whole week

If I have enough notice, I can take vacation for a whole week. Would be cool to see some fellow FSJ'ers
            1987 Wagoneer
            401/727/229

Comment

• j2sax
              350 Buick
              • Mar 20, 2003

Hope you get that back together in time!

I am scrambling to get things done in time for the 21st... but we will do what we can do! Should we star picking some dates? may be we can coincide with an event where we could watch people destroy their vehicles!
              Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• del
                327 Rambler
                • Apr 13, 2006

Other event

That may be a good idea, maybe not. A popular event may mean a large crowd and limited access to trails and/or campsites. On the other hand, people would be awestruck by our FSJ coolness, and treat us like celebrities
                1987 Wagoneer
                401/727/229

Comment

• j2sax
                  350 Buick
                  • Mar 20, 2003

I don't see a lot of our FSJ's doing 4 and 5's and I have been to big events here and never felt crowded out... always more fun to see people destroying their rigs on the waterfalls and driving to the next one!

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I'd like to make Cordova myself. Would prefer to find Rudy a kennel or baby sitter though. I don't think the track would be dog friendly.
                    If we are planning a MidWest Meet then I'd still like to go see the Forevertron up in WI. That is also near the Dells and other things to do for families.

As far as a weekend goes I'm pretty much out of it till near fall. Unless it is a WOT or something like that. I may be having one of those myself very very soon, like any time anyone wants to show up there is a ton of stuff that needs to be done on the Jeeps and a ton of parts I want gone as well. Currently there is 2 cases of Yuengling Lager, 3 cases of Molson Canadian, 4 cases of Miller Genuine Draft,4 cases of Lite and 1 case of Miller High Life here, all bottles looking for a new home.

I want the J10 home also when I get back from Ouray in July. Then it is game on till it is also on the road.

Any shed builders? 10x12 nothing huge.
                    Tom Gibson

Comment

• j2sax
                      350 Buick
                      • Mar 20, 2003

Well I am DEFINITELY Doing Cordova! When in the fall would be a good for us to start loking at dates?

Comment

• Jjkage84
                        327 Rambler
                        • May 18, 2011

I'd Like to get together on something. Wagoneer should be done by then, or at least drivable/campable.
                        1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=141075

www.youtube.com/JeepKage101

Keep Calm and Jeep On!

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I like October and early November for camping. Decent temps during the day and just a little crisp at night.
                          Tom Gibson

Comment

• Retro93
                            Junk Collector
                            • Nov 02, 2001

Originally posted by HOOT
                            I'd like to make Cordova myself. Would prefer to find Rudy a kennel or baby sitter though. I don't think the track would be dog friendly.
                            If we are planning a MidWest Meet then I'd still like to go see the Forevertron up in WI. That is also near the Dells and other things to do for families.

As far as a weekend goes I'm pretty much out of it till near fall. Unless it is a WOT or something like that. I may be having one of those myself very very soon, like any time anyone wants to show up there is a ton of stuff that needs to be done on the Jeeps and a ton of parts I want gone as well. Currently there is 2 cases of Yuengling Lager, 3 cases of Molson Canadian, 4 cases of Miller Genuine Draft,4 cases of Lite and 1 case of Miller High Life here, all bottles looking for a new home.

I want the J10 home also when I get back from Ouray in July. Then it is game on till it is also on the road.

Any shed builders? 10x12 nothing huge.
                            If you toss a few six packs of ice cold regular Coke in I might be talked into a WOT.
                            79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

I always have ice cold cokes on hand. That's one habit I can't get rid of.

My buddy hauled off 21 cases of beer last weekend and a trailer and truck load of other stuff.
                              Tom Gibson

Comment

Working...
                              X