• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdcptman
    Jeep Therapist
    • Apr 09, 2010

Pics of my exhaust-for Zack

Hey Zack, here are some pics of my exhaust. I really like how the guy routed everything, but it does hang down a little by the crossmember. If I go wheeling much, I may have to make a skid plate to keep from crushing it.

Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
    88 Grand Wagoneer
    360/727/NP208/dana 3.31s
    Edelbrock 2131
    Holley 600
    Hydroboost
    Hedman headers
    Dual exhaust
    MSD6A, TFI
    Digital Gauges
    Rusty's 2" Lift
    31x10.5 15LT15s
    Quote From Friend's Mom:
    "You don't rely on that vehicle do you?"
  • ZackN920
    350 Buick
    • Nov 18, 2015

Wow, I happened to get on the site at the right time! I saw the title and went straight to this just a few minutes ago.

That looks good! Nice and clean.

That's an old pic. I have true duals, both exit behind rear passenger wheel. I have pics....I'll try to post them.
    So...at that time you had "fake dual's"? I kind of like the exhaust coming out in front of the wheel, but I know that's not the best if ya do any off-roading.
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
    Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
    ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• mdcptman
      Jeep Therapist
      • Apr 09, 2010

No, prior to this the pipes came out of the headers, ducked under the frame just behind the spring, then ran behind the rocker to dump out in front of the rear wheels. There were a couple small turbo mufflers behind the rocker about evendors with the fring seats. It was ok, but it sounded ragged, and the guy had used 2" pipe, which I felt was too small. Also, it constantly needed retightening. And after about 2 years it rusted out. It wasnt bad, but i like this better. So I talked a custom muffler shop into doing this. When these mufflers wear out, I think I'll go with a dual inlet/outlet MagnaFlow 50 series. It has a nice rumble, but is more civilized. This really sounds awesome, but there are times when you don't wanna scare people when u start it up. Lol
      Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
      88 Grand Wagoneer
      360/727/NP208/dana 3.31s
      Edelbrock 2131
      Holley 600
      Hydroboost
      Hedman headers
      Dual exhaust
      MSD6A, TFI
      Digital Gauges
      Rusty's 2" Lift
      31x10.5 15LT15s