• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 440sixpack
    327 Rambler
    • Jul 21, 2016

New Guy with a J10

Jeep's are nothing new to me but restoring them is. the parts availability is less than expected. I've owned many AMX's over the years and still own a 70 AMX so the AMC power train is also no mystery. but again even with those parts are being reproduced far more than what Jeep seems to have.

My plan is to turn my '84 J10 into a Golden Eagle, ever since I saw a new one in 1977 I thought that was the best looking pickup ever made. after years of searching for a solid original one I've given up and decided to just make one.

I'm going to be asking some question so I hope I don't ask too many dumb ones.
  • MadMax78
    258 I6
    • May 26, 2010

Welcome aboard

There aren't many reproduction parts for these rigs. You will have to source lots of used parts depending on what you need. They are still great rigs to work on. Good luck with your build. Post up pics as you go along. We love pics. Also check out fsjnetwork.com. More activity there now a days. Both sites have tons of info and great people with lots of knowledge on these rigs. You can source some new/repop parts from bjsoffroad.com or teamgrandwagoneer.com. I have bought from both with great results.
    MadMax78
    78 Cherokee Chief, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake

Comment

Working...
    X