What is this piece of Grand Wagoneer sheet metal called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • halp
    230 Tornado
    • Sep 22, 2020

What is this piece of Grand Wagoneer sheet metal called?

I've been trying to find a non-rusty replacement, but I can't find what this body panel is called. It's on a 1976 Wagoneer. Thanks! I've attached a link to the picture, despite being under the attachment size for a jpg, it won't let me add it.
  • letank
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jun 03, 2002

Welcome to the asylum, we call it the valence, that all front part with the headlight and radiator openings

the funny part , it is in group 2 cooling parts manual / group 2 (look in the supplement for images, but the later years parts manual has graphics

you can get parts and TSM on Tom's site :

Last edited by letank; 07-25-2022, 09:36 AM.
    Michel
    74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
    85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• halp
      230 Tornado
      • Sep 22, 2020

Awesome thanks!

I had looked through the body panel section of the manual and didn't see it.

Comment

• 80Limited
        232 I6
        • Feb 19, 2015

I have a rust free front facia if you are looking. It is off an 81 with pig nose grille mounts. PM me

Comment

• MysticRob
          350 Buick
          • Nov 26, 2019

The largest portion of that pic that includes the radiator and headlight openings is typically called the radiator core support. The valance is typically the lower section near the bumper.
          --Rob--
          1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
          https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
          https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

• rang-a-stang
            Administrator
            • Oct 31, 2016

Kinda funny you asked. I have seen that called many things.

Although, you can remove that part (with the headlights openings) and I think the part behind that is the radiator support. But if you call it a "radiator support" no one will correct you. I have also called it the valance. I have seen it called the header panel. My 1979 Service manual calls it a Face Panel but I have never heard or seen someone on here call it that. What makes it awkward is originally, that was not covered with a grill and WAS part of the outside of the truck.
            Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
            (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
            (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
            79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
            (Cherokee Build Thread)
            11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
            09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
            00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
            X