So did all you guys crawl under the same rock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mars
    350 Buick
    • Apr 24, 2010

So did all you guys crawl under the same rock?

Not a peep from anyone in this sub forum. What gives? I finally get my jeep reliable and nobody wants to meet up! Disappointed!
    Wannabe Fabricator
    Grumpy on a good day.
    1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
    What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850
  • men in black
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 08, 2006

M/G in Maumee, Ohio?

I'm game
    1990 Grand Wagoneer.. black with sand interior..
    Razor grille, Hella H4 headlights, Piaa driving, LED spider taillights, tinted windows.
    Full Corinthian leather front and rear seats, custom full length center console with cup holders. 100 sf of Rattle Trap on floor.
    Edelbrock intake and 2132 cam, Howell TBI, Ford Distributor Cap, TFI Ignition Coil, Desmogged

Comment

• Hooby
      230 Tornado
      • Aug 16, 2014

Mars-

Maybe we could round up a few others in the Cincinnati area and go to a casual car show? I've heard about the Friday night "Cruise-in" car shows in Milford, seems like a cool event. Here's a link about it... https://365cincinnati.com/free/milfo...se-in-car-show

They also have a facebook page I think. I'm not sure what the typical crowd is at this event, but I'm sure some people would think our FSJ's are cool. If anything, we'll get to see some other cool rides.

If this doesn't sound fun, I'm up for something else. My fuel pump just went out on me when I took my Chief down to the Reds game last week. So I replaced that, hopefully that gives me a decent amount of time until the next one goes out haha. I've had bad luck with my fuel pumps

Comment

• Retro93
        Junk Collector
        • Nov 02, 2001

My Cherokee is just about ready to roll of the garage, where she has been the Queen Bee for almost 3 years. I just got back from getting her licensed, I'll go next week to get the new exhaust put on. Other than a few minor PITA stuff, she should be ready to go. (AC) !
        79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Mars
          350 Buick
          • Apr 24, 2010

Car show sounds good to me, something casual and not completely across the state. A meet and greet would need some planning but I'm game.
          Retro, that's good news about your jeep, glad you're still plugging away on her.
          Wannabe Fabricator
          Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

• Retro93
            Junk Collector
            • Nov 02, 2001

I SHALL win this battle. All the parts for my intake manifold swap came in today. Going from an EDELBROCK manifold and Holley 600 to a stock intake and MC 4350. I hope the -4350 is better offroad than the Holley, which was useless. If the -4350 doesn't work out i will go back to the MC 2150, which is fantastic offroad. I just finished drilling and tapping all of the holes in the underside of the manifold where the heat shield goes. Someone had snapped all of the bolts off except for 2 of the 5.

I also have all of the parts to r&r the A/C system, so I'll probably do all of the work at the same time.

Once all of that is done, and she is back on the road, I'll haul my spare TH400 into the shop in preparation for the -400/Dana 20 swap, I just finished rebuilding -400 specific Dana 20, so on that front all is well.

It seems like I can't leave anything alone.
            79 Cherokee Chief WT "RDBLOK" warmed over 360, TH400/QT, 4.10 Truetrac F/Detroit Locker R, 4" Skyjacker Softride System, Rancho 9000 shocks with in cab adjust, Hydroboost brakes, 33" BFG Mud Terrains

Comment

• Hooby
              230 Tornado
              • Aug 16, 2014

Mars -

Are you free next Friday, June 23rd? I could go out to Milford that evening/night and check out that car show. Let me know!

Comment

• Mars
                350 Buick
                • Apr 24, 2010

I'll be on the east side Friday, but have plans around seven. When is that car show?
                Wannabe Fabricator
                Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

• Hooby
                  230 Tornado
                  • Aug 16, 2014

I think the show starts around 6 or 6:30 ish? I'm not positive. Looking at the forecast though, it looks like a really rainy and stormy day. I'm guessing it won't happen if it's going to be storming haha. Might have to plan on checking it out on another Friday.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Something has come between me and my Jeep..
                    Tom Gibson
                    1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                    1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                    1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                    2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

• DBX11
                      258 I6
                      • May 18, 2009

Hey guys been wrenching some

Have pulled the 360/400/quadratrac from the truck with my dads help.
                      Drove the 360 to Michigan to get rebuilt by sc/397 he's gonna slip a 268 cam in. also I have had my boys help tear apart my th400 it's almost back together now then it's on to the quadratrac just clean and a reseal with fresh fluid.
                      The th400 was always coughing blood from the dipstick I found the vent tube not clogged but pushed in too far causing it to vent out the dipstick tube.
                      Any way it should all be like new or better by fall cleanup time.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by Hooby
                        I think the show starts around 6 or 6:30 ish? I'm not positive. Looking at the forecast though, it looks like a really rainy and stormy day. I'm guessing it won't happen if it's going to be storming haha. Might have to plan on checking it out on another Friday.
                        Before I forget to call you back.. The axle the neighbor has next door is a narrow track.
                        Tom Gibson
                        1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                        1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.

Comment

• HOOT

• Mar 28, 2003

Originally posted by DBX11
                          Have pulled the 360/400/quadratrac from the truck with my dads help.
                          Drove the 360 to Michigan to get rebuilt by sc/397 he's gonna slip a 268 cam in. also I have had my boys help tear apart my th400 it's almost back together now then it's on to the quadratrac just clean and a reseal with fresh fluid.
                          The th400 was always coughing blood from the dipstick I found the vent tube not clogged but pushed in too far causing it to vent out the dipstick tube.
                          Any way it should all be like new or better by fall cleanup time.
                          Nice... Rick knows a few things about the AMC engine. How did you like his collection?.. I thought I died and went to heaven.
                          Tom Gibson

Comment

• DBX11
                            258 I6
                            • May 18, 2009

Oh man you said it! I read some of his posts and figured he could do a better job than anyone I know and a fair price, just gotta let him work at his pace and everything will work out.
                            Nice new ride by the way!

Comment

• Mars
                              350 Buick
                              • Apr 24, 2010

Whelp.. looks like I'm out for a while. Went and got some training and now have my CDL. Applied for a job and got whisked away to Indianapolis for 3 weeks for more training, and am now out on the road. Sitting in a hotel in West Memphis as I type this. Grats on the challenger Hoot, I have been eyeballing an orange one of those myself.

Sad to say I don't know when m time off and any jeeping time is gonna line up yet. But I'm trying.

Mike
                              Wannabe Fabricator
                              Grumpy on a good day.

Comment

Working...
                              X