• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Goatman
    327 Rambler
    • Jan 05, 2006

BJs replacement air conditioning kit.

It looks like a complete replacement. Does anyone know where the vents go? Pictures would be great.
    Remember; When it comes to tools and toys forgiveness is ALWAYS easier than permission!
  • stamp32
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 19, 2015

I'm going to bump this thread...

I am also interested to hear of anyone has used BJs A/C / Heater combo setup they offer. My J20 did not come from factory with A/C and would like to add. Having one unit to do both heat and cool would allow the removal of the factory heater box under the dash.

-Chris

Comment

• HobokenWagoneer
      232 I6
      • Dec 01, 2014

I too am quite interested, heater quit, ac works great but I like the idea of having something new in it

Comment

• billyrb
        BJ's Off-Road
        • Aug 15, 2001

We have sold lots, but haven't gotten many pictures back thus far. The vents screw into the bottom of the dash, just like the original factory air did. Only difference is that this kit uses individual vents with little housings, versus the jeep one that had one large box with multiple vents.

I think I have some pics on my machine, I'll upload them tomorrow and post here.
        BJ's Off-Road
        [email protected]
        Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• stamp32
          230 Tornado
          • Jun 19, 2015

Originally posted by billyrb
          I think I have some pics on my machine, I'll upload them tomorrow and post here.
          That would be much appreciated.

-Chris

Comment

• billyrb
            BJ's Off-Road
            • Aug 15, 2001

BJ's Off-Road
            [email protected]

Comment

• bairy
              232 I6
              • Nov 09, 2007

Ryan, what brackets did you use with those TJ seats?
              87 J20. Gone
              06 LJ 4-linked. Gone.
              99 TJ. Gone.
              13 JKU rubi
              74 J10

Comment

• billyrb
                BJ's Off-Road
                • Aug 15, 2001

that was a customer's rig, not sure what he used
                BJ's Off-Road
                [email protected]

Comment

• DieselSJ
                  304 AMC
                  • May 19, 2003

That doesn't look like a whole lot of vent area. Any feedback from Waggy/Chero owners on how long it takes to cool down an interior? Figure in June-Sept I am dealing with 140+ interior temps.
                  -87 Grand, 6.5L diesel, MHI TE06H turbo, Water/air intercooler, Art Carr 700R4, CS-130, hydroboost. 21/24mpg, dead 229 [Custom 242 on the way]
                  -99 XJ Limited.
                  -Jeepspeed 1717 -Built 4.0, FAST EFI, Rubicon Express, Bilstein, Rigid Industries, 4 Wheel Parts, G2 Axle, Currie Enterprises
                  -Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Curly5759
                    232 I6
                    • Mar 08, 2015

Originally posted by DieselSJ
                    That doesn't look like a whole lot of vent area. Any feedback from Waggy/Chero owners on how long it takes to cool down an interior? Figure in June-Sept I am dealing with 140+ interior temps.
                    I used to live in Yuma and I have a 59 Chevy 1/2 ton. I put a vintage air system in it, it looks similar to the one posted above. While the air it blew came out cold, the truck never really cooled down. I'm sure the cab is smaller than a FSJ truck. Too much metal in the interior/heat load from the sun is my guess. Except for the seat and carpet, it is all metal, it would just radiate the heat into the cab. The same system works well up here in the Verde Valley.

Curly
                    77 Cherokee S 360/TH400/QT

Comment

• srobertsfsj
                      304 AMC
                      • Aug 26, 2002

Hey Ryan,

do you know if this system would work with a 5.3l Chevy compressor? If so, would it be possible to buy the kit without the compressor.

Or would the compressor that it comes with be able to mount up to a 5.3l?

Scott R.
                      Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer Super Chief 360 / TBI / WT conversion / 35x12.5x16 BFG Mud-Terrains (Project Link)
                      http://www.cfsja.org / http://www.fsjnetwork.com

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep?s temp going towards that 220F mark, I?m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

Comment

• dagenhartrj
                        230 Tornado
                        • Apr 10, 2014

Did you ever get an answer back about that 5.3L compressor question?

Comment

• Mike D
                          350 Buick
                          • Jul 29, 2002

Originally posted by DieselSJ
                          Looks like the same area as stock .. and mine never does.. though i think it needs charged though ..
                          64 Wagoneer 283 SBC
                          50 truck
                          63 J-200 Truck -- help bring home

Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, God and Jesus Christ... I beg you add my relationship with Heather Boyd to be reconciled to a new, stronger than ever, wonderful marriage ... to your prayer list and remember us daily.

Addendum:
                          And now that im getting Divorced .. i want to work on it , but no one else does -- ^ -- Heather, please leave your affair with Josh Smith and come back to the father of your children

Comment

• auzjtruck
                            232 I6
                            • Jan 26, 2008

will this work on the Australian FSJ that have the steering on the opposite side , and do you get rid of the heater box under the hood ?

Comment

• briggss3
                              230 Tornado
                              • Apr 02, 2019

Bumping this old thread. Anyone have feedback on installation and performance in a J Truck? Is it just a rebranded Vintage Air?

Talking to VA installers, those systems are not just bolt in and require custom brackets made, custom hoses, and they dont come with the compressors or condensers, though they can help you pick those out.

The BJs kit looks like it has it all in 1 kit with complete step by step instructions. I may just opt to get theirs.

Comment

Working...
                              X