• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RED88
    232 I6
    • Jan 26, 2014

Flex plate patterns 727

Hello I'm looking at putting in a new higher stall torque convertor but am not sure of if it's a 10in. Or 11in t/c pattern.88 grand waggy w360 727. Any ideas? Much appreciated
  • SC/397
    Administrator
    • Feb 01, 2010

The flex plate has two torque converter bolt patters for both the 904 and 727. AMC used the same flex plate base for all of the engines with different weights weights welded on for balancing to each engine. There is a picture of the 727 flex plates in the middle of this post.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/main/amc_flywheels.htm Eddy's site gives a pretty good explination and part numbers of the various flywheels but, I thought I might show a little more informatio
    The Squeaky Wheel gets replaced in my world

Comment

• RED88
      232 I6
      • Jan 26, 2014

Awesome info very well done kudos to all the work thank you very much.

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
        350 Buick
        • Feb 15, 2010

why are you putting a higher stall convertor in? A 10" convertor is for race applications a 11" or 12" is more appropriate for daily drivers or towing. they make those with a little higher stall speed but only use if you have a hotter cam. smaller convertors also prroduce more heat than larger(more fluid capacity) also.

Comment

• RED88
          232 I6
          • Jan 26, 2014

Just going with a 11in. 2400 or so stall.
          New motor finally going in with rv cam eldobrock intake, headers and holley 670 truck avenger. Hei & E3 sparkers.
          Prissy rebuild too nice at this point to beat up off road. That's what my tacos for.
          Stalls speeds are fun can catch people off guard

Comment

Working...
          X