Dakota Digital custom cluster
    Serehill headlamp harness
    NWMP aux tank

1987 GW deceased
    ...but the parts live on
  • Brynjminjones
    258 I6
    • Jun 11, 2017

They also shared a post a couple of days prior, with a quote of the definition of the word "Grand", so I expect it will be the full on Grand Wagoneer they're teasing.

I'm pretty excited to see what it will be like, I think it will be great for Jeep to have a rival to the Suburban, Escalade, Expedition, Navigator etc, even if it isn't the same as the old Wagoneer.
    1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
    1997 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 4.0
    1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• Cliff
      350 Buick
      • Mar 30, 2002

I would prefer a more spartan, classic version that would have great off-road capability. However I expect this will be another another "Commander" type vehicle - a WINO (Wagoneer in name only). The Gladiator is okay on the outside but all that plastic and electronics inside ruins it for me. Same with the new Bronco. The last thing I want on the trail is a 12" touch screen.
      Cliff Danley
      1977 Cherokee S

Comment

• 61Hawk
        258 I6
        • Jul 18, 2009

It'll probably be cheaper to buy a Range Rover or Toyota Land Cruiser.

Comment

• timwiller
          232 I6
          • May 15, 2014

GW

here ya go...https://www.caranddriver.com/jeep/wa...grand-wagoneer
          1966 J-3600 Gladiator, 304 AMC, T-18/D-20 twin stick, D44/D53, custom mandrel bent magniflow exhaust

Comment

• Theodore
            258 I6
            • Sep 10, 2018

Wife came running downstairs yesterday morning, when she saw this...

Comment

• FleetFox
              258 I6
              • Apr 04, 2018

All I'm going to say is "Please don't F this up ChryCo..." Bad enough seeing a fiat 500 running around with "Renegade" on it....

Fleet Fox

Comment

• Miner_Jeepy
                230 Tornado
                • Mar 17, 2019

I'm going to be very interested to see how they differentiate this from a suburban/yukon/'sclade/whatever Ford makes. I think those will be it's direct competition (big American luxury suvs). If it's decent off-road they may swipe some land cruiser buyers. Land rover could also be considered a competitor but I see them as more of a status symbol.

I remember seeing it in FCA's future product plan years ago and then got confirmation last February through work because we'll be producing a bunch of press hardened steel for it.
                Consistently not running is a form of reliability.

Comment

• PlasticBoob
                  All Makes Combined
                  • Jun 30, 2003

No one cares

Here we go again. The guy who said this was coming 9 years ago got old and died already - TWO YEARS AGO!

Nine(?) years of stringing everyone along for Commander/Aspen 2.0. It will be on used car lots for $3,500 three years after it comes out and in the junk/auction yard soon after that. FCA will produce it for 2-3 years or one generation, and then call it quits due to lack of interest. FCA will lose thousands on each one they sell, similar to Jaguar under Ford.

(half joking)
                  Rob
                  1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
                  Click for video

Comment

• lkmarsh
                    350 Buick
                    • Nov 21, 2008

Fox News webpage teased the grill and quoted prices between $50K and $100K.
                    Lyle

Seemed like a good idea at the time...
                    69 1414x Wagoneer 350/TH400 DD & Ski Ride
                    68 Chevelle wagon 350/BWT50
                    68 Impala wagon 327/400
                    73 Cougar droptop 351C/FMX Garage Queen
                    04 Impala LS - Wife's DD
                    73 Wagoneer parts donor

Comment

• Brynjminjones
                      258 I6
                      • Jun 11, 2017

Originally posted by lkmarsh
                      Fox News webpage teased the grill and quoted prices between $50K and $100K.
                      The more I see of it, the more optimistic I am, although I know I'll never be in the market to buy one!

I'm aware of a lot of negativity in other places about it but I'm excited. Jeep will never be able to make an exact modern version of the old one like everybody seems to want, but a modern equivalent something like the Lincoln Navigator would be great!
                      1991 Grand Wagoneer - Hunter Green. All stock. Rebuilt 360, .030" over with Melling MTA-1 cam.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
                      1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• MysticRob
                        350 Buick
                        • Nov 26, 2019

Originally posted by PlasticBoob
                        Here we go again. The guy who said this was coming 9 years ago got old and died already - TWO YEARS AGO!

Nine(?) years of stringing everyone along for Commander/Aspen 2.0. It will be on used car lots for $3,500 three years after it comes out and in the junk/auction yard soon after that. FCA will produce it for 2-3 years or one generation, and then call it quits due to lack of interest. FCA will lose thousands on each one they sell, similar to Jaguar under Ford.

(half joking)
                        Pretty much what I've been thinking. Unless the new GW has its own body panels and unique look beyond the new GC, then I doubt there'll be much interest in it. It looks to be released about the time the economy falls into the biggest hole ever, so hardly anyone will have the ducats to buy one anyway.
                        --Rob--
                        1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
                        https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
                        https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

• brielly
                          350 Buick
                          • Dec 30, 2002

It would most likely be cheaper to buy an old rusty GW and completely restore it with modern drive train. It will look better and be more off road capable. Not to mention, Fiat/chryco wont be able to screw it up!
                          For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email [email protected]

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, AX-15, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*

Comment

• Brynjminjones
                            258 I6
                            • Jun 11, 2017

2021 Grand Wagoneer Reveal

So, what does everybody think of the new Grand Wagoneer?

Based on feedback on Facebook, it would seem most FSJ owners seem to hate it.
                            I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I love it. I think we all knew that a new Wagoneer couldn't be like the old one, and I think they've done a great job of building something that fits the exact same market position as the Grand Wagoneers did at the end of their years on sale, and serves the same purpose too of family hauling/towing/all weather driving/light off roading etc.

I have a feeling that I'll be in the minority within existing owners in saying that though!

Also, based on the non-flush rear window, I'm hoping (maybe optimistically) it might still have the ability to roll down!

What do you all think?

2021 Grand Wagoneer Front by Brynjaminjones, on Flickr

2021 Grand Wagoneer Rear by Brynjaminjones, on Flickr
                            Last edited by Brynjminjones; 09-03-2020, 11:36 AM.

1998 Cherokee (XJ) 4.0
                            1974 Ford F100 390

Comment

• SOLSAKS
                              304 AMC
                              • Jul 25, 2016

like Arthur Spooner ( jerry stiller ) said,.....

if I could go back in time , I would, but,....

unless you are extremely wealthy,..... that's impossible.

I would Love to go back to the 70's 80's like Arthur,....when our FSJs were new,
                              but we can't.

I have realized these new editions of our favorites only brings more people

to learn about the first FSJ jeeps and become fans of those too...

it is all good !!!!, glad I am here to see it,.....it is AWESOME

like an enlarged suburban version of the grand Cherokee

bet it rides great,......bet it is VERY SAFE.

hope they have an ad showing it towing an old GW or J10 like they did with the truck.

one of the guys that is an engineer at fiat Chrysler jeep is a member on here

he has old FSJs and New Jeeps.... I like to see them photographed together.

my guess on MSRP 85,000

EDIT: JUST SAW THE VIDEO AD it is nostalgic, showing the wagoneer thru the decades,....love the commercial.

dave in NC
                              Last edited by SOLSAKS; 09-03-2020, 01:51 PM.
                              SOLSAKS - dave
                              1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
                              1982 J-10 Fleetside
                              1988 grand wagoneer
                              2004 RUBICON jeep
                              Benson, NC

Comment

Working...
                              X