Who has had luck recently shipping an fsj?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThisGuyUKnow
    350 Buick
    • Mar 25, 2008

Who has had luck recently shipping an fsj?

I have long been off the fsj train. But recently I found the right deal om an 80 cherk with decent body and rolling but no engine (I want to do my own engine anyway) and decided to make a deal. Only issue is its 1k miles away.

I want to get it myself but that's a lot of time I don't have right now.

In the past I have shipped jeeps using uship. I got really good deals because it wasn't just big companies on there and I held out until a small time shipper made an offer.

Currently however it seems the big shippers ate dominating the service and the prices are a little high, I mayas well drive myself.

Any one recently ship a vehicle any suggestions besides u ship? Any help or thoughts are appreciated.
    '85 CJ7 Laredo- Rebuilt 360, Tuned Port Injection, T-176, D300, W/T 3.31 w/Trac Loc, 31x10.5x15 BFGs
  • wiley-moeracing
    350 Buick
    • Feb 15, 2010

check for boston bob here, he can trailer for you.

Comment

• ThisGuyUKnow
      350 Buick
      • Mar 25, 2008

Ok ill hit him up.
      '85 CJ7 Laredo- Rebuilt 360, Tuned Port Injection, T-176, D300, W/T 3.31 w/Trac Loc, 31x10.5x15 BFGs

Comment

• JeepJeepster
        350 Buick
        • Sep 04, 2014

I can tell you exactly what NOT to do! DO NOT get online and fill out one of those 'estimates' just to see what it will cost to ship something! There was a 'pristine' J20 (well, it appeared so) in Arizona and I was just curious. I knew better than to put my phone # in there and guess what... I bet I got 200 phone calls over the next two weeks!
        2004 Jeep Liberty
        1998 Jeep ZJ 5.9
        1994 Jeep ZJ I6
        1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 360

Comment

• rang-a-stang
          Administrator
          • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by JeepJeepster
          I can tell you exactly what NOT to do! DO NOT get online and fill out one of those 'estimates' just to see what it will cost to ship something! There was a 'pristine' J20 (well, it appeared so) in Arizona and I was just curious. I knew better than to put my phone # in there and guess what... I bet I got 200 phone calls over the next two weeks!
          ^^^ THAT is good advice!!!^^^

I had a '64 Falcon Wagon shipped from Walla Walla Washington to Southern California about 10 years ago and spent a couple hours on the interwebs filling out "estimate" forms from different shipping companies. I ended up having to abandon the email address I used because I got 100s of emails a day from folks for about a month before I ended up just walking away from the email.

My city only has one car dealership in it and it's a Mini dealer. I walked down there and talked to them. They said they used a specific company (these guys http://www.waggonerstrucking.com/) so I called that company and they hooked me up. They said they ship a lot of cars from SoCal to Washington so they had a lot of mostly empty trucks coming from Washington to SoCal. I got a great deal because the seller drove my car to a car dealer in Walla Walla and the truck company delivered it to my local Mini dealer. It was pretty funny seeing my old crusty Falcon wagon parked in a row of brand spankin' new Mini's.

Bottom line, if I were to ship a car again, I would go talk to a local car dealer and see who they use.
          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
          (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
          (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
          79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
          (Cherokee Build Thread)
          11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
          09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
          X