• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reddog
    304 AMC
    • Jul 26, 2000

Body Offset on frame

I posted a question about tire size of last week (Thanks all for the info) and upon further inspection found that it looks like the body is offset in relationship to the frame about 1/2 an inch towards the left in the rear. The front appears to be centered ok. Body mounts look in good shape. Anyone have any experience shifting the body to correct something like this. I have done mounts on pickups but not Wagoneers. Will the body move that far by loosening the mounts?? TIA Kerry
    87 GW<br />4\" Skyjacker system<br />TFI upgrade<br />360,727,NP229<br />it looks a little more like RiverBeast - and I\'m not dreaming!...<br />... just another 10 inches or so to go ...<br /><br />and NOW with an interesting bend to the body...
  • JERRY88GW
    232 I6
    • Jun 09, 2000

Is the body sagging toward one direction? If so it's probably your leave springs.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by reddog:
      I posted a question about tire size of last week (Thanks all for the info) and upon further inspection found that it looks like the body is offset in relationship to the frame about 1/2 an inch towards the left in the rear. The front appears to be centered ok. Body mounts look in good shape. Anyone have any experience shifting the body to correct something like this. I have done mounts on pickups but not Wagoneers. Will the body move that far by loosening the mounts?? TIA Kerry<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My GW has the same "feature". Just chalk it up to Jeep quality "control"; if the tires were somewhere under the body, it was good enough.

------------------
      Bob Barry<UL TYPE=SQUARE>* '78 Cherokee 4-door
      * '88 Grand Wagoneer[/list]http://studentweb.providence.edu/~rbarry/wheels/

Comment

• bigjeepguy
        232 I6
        • Aug 04, 2000

The bed of my J-4000 is not centered, it is about 3/4 of an inch offset to the drivers side. I am hoping that it is just the bed mount, but will find out when I put on the body lift.

------------------
        Jonathan landon
        1973 J-4000 3602v ,TH-400
        Dana20,Dana 44's
        Jonathan landon<BR>1973 J-4000 3602v ,TH-400<BR>Dana20,Dana 44\'s

Comment

Working...
        X