• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertClimber
    230 Tornado
    • Oct 08, 2007

1965 Gladiator Truck

Hiya!

I'm selling my 1965 Gladiator J100. Tornado inline 6 engine, 4 spd manual trans. All glass intact, good body overall, good bed & tailgate.

Pretty much complete- runs and drives. Little to no real rust- as this was a California Truck until 1999, then I brought it to New Mexico and she's been in the dry desert for 21 years.

I honestly don't know the value, but I'm also in no hurry to sell. I just need to thin out some projects!

If interested, or you have a good idea on a starting price, please contact me or post here.

Location is New Mexico. More photos forthcoming, but here are a couple to give an idea of the condition.

Last edited by DesertClimber; 03-06-2021, 09:19 AM.
  • DesertClimber
    230 Tornado
    • Oct 08, 2007

Still trying to figure out what I should ask for this thing.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

Go to jeeptruck.com and look around. If you were in Louisiana, it would already be in my barn. Very nice truck!
      1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• babywag
        out of order
        • Jun 08, 2005

Some may disagree with me but I'd ask $15k.
        That is a nice survivor and hard to come by these days.
        Tony
        88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• DesertClimber
          230 Tornado
          • Oct 08, 2007

Originally posted by babywag
          Some may disagree with me but I'd ask $15k.
          That is a nice survivor and hard to come by these days.
          I wasn't thinking that high, but have you seen what they've been selling for on bring a trailer?

Bring a Trailer Auctions is the best place to buy and sell vintage and classic vehicles - Porsche, BMW, Land Rover, and more.

Comment

• 7350life
            232 I6
            • Jul 05, 2020

Originally posted by babywag
            but I'd ask $15k.
            1979 J10, 304 V8, 4-speed manual

Comment

• babywag
              out of order
              • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by DesertClimber
              I wasn't thinking that high, but have you seen what they've been selling for on bring a trailer?

https://bringatrailer.com/search/gladiator/
              Yes they are bringing way more money than I would have ever expected.
              I have seen 2 local-ish clapped out turds/projects that sold in the $5k range.
              Neither of them were even drivers.
              Tony
              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Mars
                350 Buick
                • Apr 24, 2010

The fact that it's a runner and doesn't have an LS in it brings the value and cool factor way up IMO. Don't give it away 15k is reasonable for that. Just ask yourself what it would cost to replace it IF you can find one. Good luck on your sale sir.
                Wannabe Fabricator
                Grumpy on a good day.
                1981 J-10 Laredo.. mmmm bucket seats...
                What I'm working on: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...50#post1503850

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 31, 2016

Hm. If I were you, I would sell it for $500. AND I can help you sell it! What time do you need me to show up at your house with money?

Kidding aside, I agree with the others. That's $10k+ if you want to sell it fairly quickly. If you are in no hurry, list it for $15k and it will sell but may take some time. This forum is probably not the best place to sell it because the vast majority of us already have a FSJ or are so stupidly cheap we couldn't afford it BUT I would list it because there are also some people with great taste here, too.
                  Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                  (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                  (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                  79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                  (Cherokee Build Thread)
                  11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                  09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                  00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Crankyolman
                    350 Buick
                    • Sep 27, 2017

Not to be a naysayer but I see some things that might effect that $15,000 price tag.

Some things that might lower the value is it appears to have been repainted at some point, the cab and hood appear to either have once been red, or are primer inside the engine compartment and the header panel appears to have once been blue which could make a person suspect it was wrecked at some point. Because of this it may not be thought of as a "survivor". I also see some peeling paint.

Then there is this
                    Originally posted by DesertClimber
                    Pretty much complete-
                    That sort of statement is ambiguous and open to interpretation not to mention there are no pictures of the interior.

Actual condition is hugely important to the final price.

That's not to say you can't get $15,000 for it but really from the information given and 3 pictures I doubt anybody but you could really determine that and only after you do a truly honest assessment of value. As a Kaiser Gladiator lover I hope you do. Part of me would really like to see the value of Kaiser era trucks go up. Part of me wouldn't because as the value goes up so does insurance rates and the risk of them getting stolen and other factors that might force me to sell my truck some day.
                    '72 J4500

Comment

• KaiserMan
                      I got the Willys....
                      • Jun 21, 2005

4-speed 230 rigs are pretty rare. Looks like it would be a nice truck done up. It looks pretty nice as is. I'd be interested in it if I didn't have several too many right now.
                      Thomas Russell
                      1987 Cherokee Laredo 2-Door 4.0/AW4
                      1971 Gladiator
                      J2000 Platform-Stake Dump 350/T18

1970 Gladiator J3000 3407Z Camper Truck 350/T18
                      1968 Wagoneer Custom 327/TH400

Comment

• DesertClimber
                        230 Tornado
                        • Oct 08, 2007

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                        Hm. If I were you, I would sell it for $500. AND I can help you sell it! What time do you need me to show up at your house with money?
                        LOL Good one!

Originally posted by Crankyolman
                        Not to be a naysayer but I see some things that might effect that $15,000 price tag.

Some things that might lower the value is it appears to have been repainted at some point, the cab and hood appear to either have once been red
                        Indeed, it must have been painted long before I got it, but definitely not wrecked. No clue when it got painted, or why.

"Pretty much complete" means the seat is torn and I'm missing one emblem. Nothing I can't sort out if I want to clean it up real nice and try for a high selling price.

I do love this truck, though- It's hard to let her go.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                          Administrator
                          • Oct 31, 2016

do you have any idea if the small lights (where the pie pans would be) are factory? They look super cool and well installed. I have never seen them before, either.
                          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                          (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                          (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                          79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                          (Cherokee Build Thread)
                          11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                          09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• DesertClimber
                            230 Tornado
                            • Oct 08, 2007

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                            do you have any idea if the small lights (where the pie pans would be) are factory? They look super cool and well installed. I have never seen them before, either.
                            No clue! They do look nice, though.

Comment

• Towtruck
                              350 Buick
                              • Oct 11, 2001

I got zero offers from this site for the truck below (scroll down) at a price of $14,399. Maybe it needed to be jacked up a couple feet....

J10 - Body channel (3 inch drop @ front); dechromed; shaved side parking lights, antenna, and hood trim bar. Ford mirrors, roll pans, side exhaust, 16 inch wheels, custom dash, new interior, Edelbrocked 360, HEI, T18/208 (J20), rear disk brakes, goose neck and bumper hitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X