X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FSJnovice
    350 Buick
    • Dec 17, 2003

Indeed I have registered and look forward to reading about and perusing thru future ads for new jeep products. All new ideas have teething problems, but they can and will be worked out. I like it gwamp we will now have both points of view.
    Mike
    88 GW stock
    360/727/229
    project

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Dec 28, 2002

Gwamp here is what I mean

1. lets assume a screw up was made and we get a unhappy customer right off the bat. How many posts and reposts would we have there? How much timne would a vendor have to spend kissing a## or trying to smooth something out that may have happened in shipping? (who has time to go to another website to defend their business)

2. Lets say everything goes smoothly with every transaction and someone just doesnt like the name or business. This can cause alot of turmoil and where would the facts be proven?? (anyone could sign up and bash a vendor)

3. ANOTHER WEBSITE! Man I am on about 5 of these sumbiches a day and my a## is getting bigger.

4. Their are alot fo things that Bulltear sells that alot of other FSJ vendors sell and vice versa. How would we stop from competing to the point of making a small group of FSJ fans in charge of pricing?

5. Personally I dont know you Gwamp, I think you would be a fair and honest person like you said setting up this website but whoi wants to take their name and put it in the control of someone they dont know?

6. In theory its a good idea, BUT our company already has a forum and a 100% satisfaction rate.

I like the idea of posting our products for others to see ...that is great and is good on all ends. I just dont like the idea of me wasting my time any more than i already do trying to defend the business from some poster who freely types his or her minds opinion that may or may not be a customer....see what I mean their is no integrity built up...Its a free site that is not affiliated by any business but could cause problems for all businessess. We already have sites like IFSJA.org Pirate4x4.com ...ect and we would hear very easily a problem about a vendor. We have already heard praise and problems here.

I am not saying I am 100% against this but at this time I feel that I dont have the time or energy to support a FSJ enthusiasts vendors forum without any accountability for actions...period
      AMC/Jeep Forum
      Custom machined AMC/4X4/Race Parts...www.Bulltear.com
      ///
      "We offer performance, reliability and customization for your AMC V8"

Comment

• roadgrime
        350 Buick
        • Apr 17, 2003

perhaps I might make a suggestion here. I know often times I buy things local out of need for speed. However many of my purchases I tend to know about in advance. If the forum was setup in a manner where users could a want add of sorts. For instance bilyrb mentions that alot of vendors will give them discounted prices. I am all for sending my business to bilyrb(bjsoffroad) or jode (buildyour4x4 as they have taken excellent care of me in the past. so if i as a user can post what I am looking for and a vendor can offer me a close or cheaper price i buy from them.
        SO now lets say I have a prob with A vendor. Make the rules state that the vendor forum is not the place to B!*CH whine and moan. Make the rules say if you have a prob with a vendor send emails or take it to a different forum. Personally I here too many people griping about vendors here as it is and I know who i will deal with and who I wont. Then one step farther have a group of moderators enforce the rule. delete the post warn the user and then ban users as needed. its a little more work but it allows the vendors actually sell and attract business and not defend their position.
        the real world example is a vendor places an add in a magazine or newspaper. people unhappy with the vendor are not allowed to post derogetory information and attach it too the add if they are unhappy they have to find a different medium to express their issues.

I will admit this idea has its prob in that by adding these rules it is no longer a self governing forum but if people are willing to volunteer to manage the few users who will cause probs i think the jeepin community will benifit.

Comment

• Gwamp
          High Tech Redneck
          • Mar 08, 2002

So it sounds like you are are afraid of the chance of negative feedback on a transaction at the core of this. There are 2 sides to that issue. One, if you are selling shoddy goods and ripping people off, people need to know about it. This forum here does not allow for that to occur. The other side is for you to defend yourself from an a$$hat who decides to be a pain by spreading around false tales of bad transactions. This is easy enough to do with good record keeping and is how the priate vendor's forum operates. I still fail to see the problem. If you are scared of it then skip it.

Sounds like you want the abilty to censor anyone who might dare to offer a legitamite negative opinion of your goods. Not in my county at least.
          Also you would squelch those who would give you the positive feedback you deserve for doing honest business.

You sell the same product as another vendor and he is selling it at a lower price and you cannot compete. Welcome to capitalism! If you cannot deal with a tiny bit of competition then you should not be in business really.

I am about as disinterested of a third party as you are going to find to do this for free. No one who is completely disintrested in FSJ's is going to do this for nothing. All I want to achieve here is a central location for all vendors to put up a quick link with as much or as little info as they want to their respective stores and hopefully get it linked from the main IFSJA site. Most of us who have been around a while already know who is selling what, but there are a tremendous # of new users who have no clue of the full range of pruducts we all have made.

If the feedback section turns into a circus then I will dump it. I will tolerate no BS-either from a$$hat users or shady vendors. I can always make a special place to enshrine those who need it. If this place grows then I will assign someone to take over the various subfoums as needed.

If someone wants to put forth a set of rules and guidelines for this place then we can mold it into something usable and go from there with it. I am open to any suggestions to make this place work.

Also, will someone try to contact Dome and see if we can't get a link?
          Roll up on you like Eastwood...

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Dec 28, 2002

Gwamp I guess I just have concerns. Bulltear already has a forum and if we made shoddy goods you would definately hear about it so thats not the case. I am leary of a place like this and just need some time to think about it, please understand
            AMC/Jeep Forum
            ///

Comment

• Gwamp
              High Tech Redneck
              • Mar 08, 2002

I am not saying you sell crap by any means, but civil fact driven feedback is a good thing for all parties. If it turns into a nightmare of BS, it can get dumped with a mouse click. 99.9 percent of the people here are simple honest folks with the love of FSJ's in common.

I have my own forum as well, but what I do not have a direct place to pimp my FSJ related wares linked from somewhere else beside a sig file or an very quickly disappering post in the for sale section.

Since Dome will not put up a vendor's section for whatever reasons(that's fine, this is his house) we have to do something else. Like I said, I am more than open to suggestions on getting this up, running and working for us all. Concerns are fine, but have a possible solution to the problem you are having as well to go along with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• Gwamp
                High Tech Redneck
                • Mar 08, 2002

This here is exactly the type of post I am talking about right here. Some poor guy looking for stuff to fix up his rig and has no clue where to go.

newbie looking for stuff

In my perfect world, he would be directed to the vendor's section of this forum. However that is not to be so he should have a place to go to find what he wants.

Comment

• jeepsr4ever
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Dec 28, 2002

True Gwamp.

I wonder what you think of this though, its our oil pump priming tool that we would compete with you on...personally I didnt plug it here because I like the idea of a little guy selling nice wares and I dont need to put a competeing product out there to hurt anyones sales because I have been there (revolver shackels vs. Bullrings)

Its this kind of thing that I really dont want to happen Gwamp. We have a ton of parts we make that we dont even sell online because other here make them or other jeepers make them on a very small scale. I am sensitive to this as I started out in debt hurt from work and most of my parts couldnt be made cheap enough to compete with the big guys.
                  AMC/Jeep Forum
                  ///

Comment

• Gwamp
                    High Tech Redneck
                    • Mar 08, 2002

I know that you compete with me on that item. Also I sell mine for much less than you do as I have much less into mine. However, yours is a nicer product. If people want yours then they buy it. If they want mine then then buy that one. I have no vested intrest in it really as the money I get from them is pocket cash.

Bottom line is that market decided and I am not going to get all butthurt if your widget sells better than mine. I have some others widgets that I am going to be putting there as well that are non-fsj related for sale as well.

Comment

• Tad
                      • Nov 30, 2001

I'm pretty comfortable with Gwamp/Bob having oversight. Having dealt with him and complained about others on the off topic forum, I know this would be handled fairly.

I'd actually appreciate some feedback, be it positive or negative. I rarely hear back from anyone who purchases my stuff.

I'm up and running there and willing to see how it goes.
                      Thanks,
                      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Gwamp
                        High Tech Redneck
                        • Mar 08, 2002

thanks for the vote of confidince Tad.

Also I am looking for a FSJ related logo to replace the stock one. Anything 200 pixels tall by 100 wide and inbetween will work.

I will probably make a post in General Discussion about the forum as well.

Comment

• Millerluck
                          360 AMC
                          • Sep 08, 2000

Cool idea!

I'm in.

Thanks Gwamp.

Larry Miller
                          88GW "Mississippi" 401,Edelbrock heads,and stuff,
                          4" Skyjacker, BFG AT's,OBA,Air Horn.

'89GW "Mutt" wood for now, 360, 1405, Edelbrock cam,
                          4"Rusty's,3"body,33"BFG. Detroit Truetrack Warn Hubs

The Metal Workshop
                          http://www.themetalworkshop.com/index.html

Comment

• Millerluck
                            360 AMC
                            • Sep 08, 2000

Oops

Sorry for the dbbl post.

Can't see a way to delete the first one with the bad link.

Why was it telling me that Millerluck user name was taken? I sighned up. I could only get it to post if I left it blank.

Sorry for the ripples.

Larry Miller
                            88GW "Mississippi" 401,Edelbrock heads,and stuff,
                            4" Skyjacker, BFG AT's,OBA,Air Horn.

'89GW "Mutt" wood for now, 360, 1405, Edelbrock cam,
                            4"Rusty's,3"body,33"BFG. Detroit Truetrack Warn Hubs

The Metal Workshop
                            http://www.themetalworkshop.com/index.html

Comment

• Gwamp
                              High Tech Redneck
                              • Mar 08, 2002

You are there and an active member under the name Millerluck. I did delete those 2 posts though so go and log in again and repost your message.

Comment

• Tad
                                • Nov 30, 2001

Shoot, Larry's stuff is just down right cool.
                                Wish I knew how to machine stuff.

Larry?
                                Can you machine, drill and tap ftat top knuckles for us?
                                2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                                EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                                Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

Working...
                                X