• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slick Willie
    350 Buick
    • Apr 06, 2005

Llano Wheeling Pics/Videos

The weekend went pretty good on a Waggy wheeling standpoint, but the weekend was excelent on a fun standpoint. I only got about 4 hours of wheeling on Saturday though. I climbed some hills, one that I've never conquered in 4 trips , but mainly I led a group of our new guys (with less capable rigs) down smaller trails, but still made some decent obstacles in the meantime. Then it was time to do a big rock that had a crack. I went up the flatter side pretty easily (surprisingly). Then I tried the harder part, where I found my tranny was low on fluid. So I filled it up, tried it again, but I ended up sliding down into the crack with my passenger side. The memory on the camera kept getting full, so no video of me falling, just some after pics. I noticed through the hole in my floorboard that the tranny/shifters shifted a good 7" or so to that side, so we backed her down, and found that I sheared a driver side motor mount and the new tranny/crossmember mount. So, that was the end of the wheeling until I strapped the tranny to the driver side and loaded it on the trailer. All in all, it was a good trip though.

I caution those with sensitive ears...there is some language, but they can be muted. More pics to come later.

Body damage is on rear quarter panel. Not too bad

-Will
    '86 Wagoneer 360/727/Stak 3 speed/HP60/FF14/welded 4.10's/~3" Front Springs/Chevy 63's/42's/hummer beadlocks/topless/8 point cage/half doors

Originally posted by rockjeep44
    After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in
  • jeeping1974
    360 AMC
    • Jun 17, 2007

nice
    03 GMC 2500HD - DD/toy hauler
    06 Street Glide - Cruiser

Comment

• Stuka
      • Jan 21, 2001

Ouch on the mount, but at least you didnt break another t-case :P

Comment

• trail mule
        232 I6
        • Aug 29, 2007

Nice

Very Videos man. What kind of carb do you have or did you go with fuel injection.
        Jesus is Coming Soon.

Comment

• Slick Willie
          350 Buick
          • Apr 06, 2005

Bone stock 360 with bone stock 2 bbl carb. Never had problems with it on steep climbs, so I'm not going to change it until I do. It's the low fluid tranny that gave me problems.
          -Will
          '86 Wagoneer 360/727/Stak 3 speed/HP60/FF14/welded 4.10's/~3" Front Springs/Chevy 63's/42's/hummer beadlocks/topless/8 point cage/half doors

After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in

Comment

• jepj2000
            350 Buick
            • Dec 22, 2006

Looks like a good time and the wag is getting better and better.

Is Ryan Nelson still around over there do you know?

Rankin
            1972 J2000: 304, T18, Dana 20, Dana 44s w/ 4.09s, Rear Detroit, 7.50-16s
            1977 J10: 401, TH400, Quadratrac, partime kit, Dana 60's , 4.10s, welded rear, RS44044s SOA, 63" Springs inboarded, 36" Goodyear RT IIs

Comment

• Stupified
              258 I6
              • Oct 21, 2005

that is sweet ! I never would have guessed you could do that with stock engine/tranny
              73 Wagoneer 360 400/20 D40/D30 3.31
              285/70R17 DuraGrapplers
              post flipped rear, rough country 6110 chevy front AAL
              Camo green Zombie Response Vehicle

Comment

• Hammer
                304 AMC
                • Apr 25, 2002

Is that a seat belt holding the passenger door shut?
                78 Chero, 38"s and minimal lift

Comment

• Slick Willie
                  350 Buick
                  • Apr 06, 2005

Originally posted by Stupified
                  that is sweet ! I never would have guessed you could do that with stock engine/tranny
                  Well, the steep hills would have been a little easier if I had more fluid in my tranny sooner. But yeah, most people say those obstacles weren't much, but for a FSJ, I think they were a lot.

Originally posted by Hammer
                  Is that a seat belt holding the passenger door shut?
                  Negative. That's a strap holding the cooler in the Wag. Next run in two weeks, I won't have to worry about an additional cooler. The doors are all held shut by gate latches on the inside. Check out my build thread (#2) for those details.
                  -Will

Comment

• Slick Willie
                    350 Buick
                    • Apr 06, 2005

More pics...

Here's where I fell in the crack shearing my mounts
                    -Will

Comment

• Heimeken
                      304 AMC
                      • Nov 29, 2000

that looks like a great time, thanks for the pics
                      '85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar"
                      401, NV4500, 3/4 ton gear

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
                      One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
                      J20 running gear and axles

Comment