Oregon-Baker Resource Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon-Baker Resource Plan

BLM has released the draft for the new Baker Resource Management Plan. This will guide them for the next 15 to 20 years.

All alternatives call for Virtue Flat to stay as an "open" area. Write and comment that you would like to see the OHV package out of Alternative 3 chosen and added to the preferred alternative in the Final EIS.

Will get a link to the document and an email up shortly.

Thanks
    Art
    Art
    ASE Master Collision Tech
    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

As promised:

Link to document: www.blm.gov/or/districts/vale/plans/bakerrmp

Email comments to: [email protected]

Snail mail: Baker Field Office, PO Box 947, Baker City, OR 97814

Comments should refer to Class II OHV opportunities in the planning area and you would like to see the OHV "package" from alternative 3 in whatever is selected going into the final EIS.

One of our own is the recreation planner on the project and he needs to have the ammunition to give us wheelin' areas. Granted he is a "baby" jeeper, but he is a jeeper.

All comments sent would be appreciated.

I will be sending comments to our subgroup chair for a letter from the Advisory Council by the 28th of December. Drop me a PM with anything you want me to pass on.

I am also involved in gold prospecting and small scale mining and our group would like to see a mineral withdrawal for an area to be made a public mining corridor somewhere in the planning area, as the area has a rich history of gold mining.

Art
    Last edited by goldhammer; 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM.
    Art
    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Comment

All comments need to be in by Feb. 23rd> Please send in as per the above.

Thanks much
      Art

Comment

Well, the RAC actually included my comment of the Alt. 3 package in their comment letter, and the comment period has been extended until March 23rd, so please send a comment in if you have not done so yet.

THANKS,
        Art
        Art

Comment

Working...
        X