• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fulsizjeep
    Señor Jackhead
    • Aug 21, 2002

KOA Map Update

now with web page

Last edited by fulsizjeep; 01-22-2011, 06:46 AM.
    Flint
    Ran when parked.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• SVO42
      350 Buick
      • Aug 27, 2003

Originally posted by j2sax
      Well, I am looking forward to returning after many years of absence. I always tell people that SW CO is my favorite place on the planet!

Need to iron out some details, however, I will probably be heading to Denver on that weekend prior and hangin with frieinds there and then heading to Ouray on Tues... anyone driving out from Denver/C Springs area that day? It'd be great to hook up with a convoy then.

When are you guys from Columbia heading over? I will probably be working in Hays, KS on Th night and over to Denver Fri a.m.

We all know that, "to the Cloud" has a totally different meaning in Ouray!

BTW, how would a J20 do out there?

E ya!

Jesse
      Not sure about our plans, yet, Jesse. Still a bit early to tell. I'm up for any convoys, though. We typically try to go as far as possible and spend the first night in Colorado--F Kansas!

I'll update our plans once we know something (or RiverRat will). Now even sure what we'll bring this year--maybe even a full size Jeep!
      Bryan's vehicles at the Joplin (Full Size) Jeep Refuge:
      1988 Grand Wagoneer (on extended loan)
      1988 Grand Wagonner (tornado victim)
      1987 Grand Wagoneer (formerly mine, now my dad's, also a tornado victim)
      1994 Ford Explorer XL rollin' on 1-tons and 40s

Comment

• what is the cost of the tent sites per night?

i don't want to speak to soon, but i would hope i can make it out this year (just cleared out my schedule ). what is the probability of getting a site a month before the date? i might reserve it now and if i don't make it... someone can fill the space.

Al
        79 Cherokee Chief "Kronk" - TBI350/SM465/NP205
        99 Dodge 2500 4x4 - Cummins 24v
        07 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Big turbo, 340whp

Comment

• dblankenbaker
          232 I6
          • Oct 30, 2010

Originally posted by AlsChopShop
          what is the cost of the tent sites per night?

i don't want to speak to soon, but i would hope i can make it out this year (just cleared out my schedule ). what is the probability of getting a site a month before the date? i might reserve it now and if i don't make it... someone can fill the space.

Al
          $27.XX per night, AAA rate. If I don't bring a chick with me, you can crash at my site.
          1989 Waggy=360/727/NP229/D44's/8"lift/36's/3.31's
          1985 J20=The powertrain donor to my M677. But thinking about resurrecting the carcass as a short wheel base, topless, bobbed J20.
          1982 J10 Sportside=360/727/NP208/D44HD+TruTrac/D60+DetroitLocker/4" lift/35's/4.10's
          1967 M715=360/T98/NP205/38"XL/5.87's
          1964 M677=360/727/NP208 build in process

Comment

• Gambler68
            Rabble Rouser
            • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by dblankenbaker
            $27.XX per night, AAA rate. If I don't bring a chick with me, you can crash at my site.
            Rule #43 of Colorado Mountains: Out of staters must share their wimmenfolk for state moral and gene diversity requirements.

So bring a cute one please. They tend to go feral here rather quick.
            1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
            1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
            The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Originally posted by Gambler68
              Rule #43 of Colorado Mountains: Out of staters must share their wimmenfolk for state moral and gene diversity requirements.

So bring a cute one please. They tend to go feral here rather quick.

Comment

• if i roll up to the KOA and hear banjo music, i'm soooo turning back!!

Al

Comment

• bigun
                  • Feb 10, 2003

what is the cost of the tent sites per night?

Al
                  NE 715 has space 49 available IIRC she has till three days before arrival to let it go with out having to pay for a day.
                  charlie
                  KB0HXA
                  "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                  congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                  How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                  Robert A. Heinlein
                  The birth of CROM is recorded here
                  http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Bartling
                    230 Tornado
                    • Jan 05, 2009

is there a preregistration for this or just show up? im planning on bringing out the truck for this one. is there a contact person with details?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartling
                      is there a preregistration for this or just show up? im planning on bringing out the truck for this one. is there a contact person with details?
                      This is an UNOFFICIAL get together. There is no registration and no organization or person responsible. All info is posted here in this thread and forum.
                      Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                      77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                      The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• Gambler68
                        Rabble Rouser
                        • Feb 29, 2004

if i roll up to the KOA and hear banjo music, i'm soooo turning back!!

Al
                        More likely to hear mariachi music and have half naked canadians running around. So..be prepared.
                        1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                        1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                        The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                        Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Tad
                          • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by Gambler68
                          ...half naked canadians running around...

I seem to miss all the fun.
                          2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                          EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                          Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Originally posted by Tad

Eh, they were French Canadians.
                            Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                            77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                            The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• Tad
                              • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jeepstress
                              Eh, they were French Canadians.
                              That would explain the funny water in the hot tub.
                              2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                              EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                              Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Knuck
                                350 Buick
                                • Jun 13, 2008

Originally posted by Tad
                                That makes two of us.

Originally posted by Tad
                                That would explain the funny water in the hot tub.
                                81 J20 "Mater", 401/T-18/NP208, Rhino Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring lift, extended length front shackles, 2" rear blocks. LT285/70r-16 M.T. Baja Claws, Front Locker, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper under construction.

Comment

Working...
                                X