electric rear window switch wiring...please help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 83 chif
    327 Rambler
    • Sep 01, 2005

electric rear window switch wiring...please help....

My dash switch for the electric rear window on my chero went bad, some I bought a three stage toggle switch at radio shack. I can't figure out how to wire it though. Are the two brown wires hot or grounds? I don't really understand why there are two reds that merged and a single black ground. Can anyone help me out? Thanks....
    - Doug

MY HEEP:
    daily driver 83' Chero Cheif WT, 3" lift, 6.2L diesel, Getrag 5-speed, NP241, 33" TSLs (scratch that, i sold them to get money to finish the diesel swap), a Superwinch 9K
  • FSJ Guy
    • Mar 20, 2005

Sorry, your best bet is to suck it up and pay for a new paddle switch. IIRC, BJ's Offroad has em. And you won't even have to re-adjust your tailgate after installation! LOL!

Besides, you'll like having "normal" operation on your window instead of adding another 2 minutes to the 10 minute lecture you give people when they want to borrow your truck.
    Ethan Brady
    1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• 83 chif
      327 Rambler
      • Sep 01, 2005

hmmm......

well thanks for the tip, I didn't really know that I could still get them new. The only wires I'm playing with are the four that run to the switch on the dash. It seems like it would be really easy, I just can't get the combination right. There is one ground, and four hot I think....anyone else ever played with the switch?
      - Doug

MY HEEP:
      daily driver 83' Chero Cheif WT, 3" lift, 6.2L diesel, Getrag 5-speed, NP241, 33" TSLs (scratch that, i sold them to get money to finish the diesel swap), a Superwinch 9K

Comment

I have a good used dash switch here.
        Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
        Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• 83 chif
          327 Rambler
          • Sep 01, 2005

found one.....

i called around, and one of my friends just picked up a waggy for the 360 so i'm going to grab the switch from there, along with the motor for a spare. thanks anyway....i'm going to forget about that stupid radio shack toggle switch....
          - Doug

MY HEEP:

Comment

Working...
          X