X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WaggThis
    232 I6
    • Feb 07, 2007

we are going to be heading out for moab Tuesday and going to be staying in the canyonlands campground just look for the big ugly RV and the gray Jeep feel free to stop by.

on a side note what time are we going to meet at the market and what day?

Comment

• Gambler68
      Rabble Rouser
      • Feb 29, 2004

I'll be looking for people Thursday afternoon...hey let's pick a CB channel already Gana check out BFE camping on the way in and wander into town sometime early evening/later afternoon/i don't really know.
      1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
      1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
      The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
      Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• The PIG Smith
        King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

I made a very similar port on the Colorado FSJ Association
        list.

I have April 15 through April 19.
        I need back to work on Wednesday April 20 at 1:00

I'd like to drive out and visit with some folks
        I am in need of another road trip to escape the madness of my little world.

Appears it is 1500 miles each way. (24 hours windshield time)

So, are you guys camping somewhere?
        Would I need a reservation? ...for a tent?
        Can I bring my dog?

Would you fellows allow a '99 WJ to park among the FSJ?

Comments, Opinions, Suggestions and Flames are appreciated.
        Bryan Smith
        2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
        - 75th Anniversary Edition - 1941 Trim Package - Recon Green
        1986 Jeep J20
        - Super clean rig from the AZ/CA state line
        1982 Jeep J10
        - Has become a Long Term Project.
        1981 Jeep J20
        - Commercial flat bed - Lost in a Divorce --gone
        1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer
        - Former Rick Bielec aka Ricbee plow rig. Major rust!! --gone

IFSJA Member #1933 Joined November 30, 2001

Originally posted by Jayrodoh
        ...but if it works, I wouldn't touch it.
        Originally posted by Lindel
        Best laid plans, yada yada yada...

Comment

• flatbackdragon
          304 AMC
          • Aug 22, 2003

1500 miles each way takes dedication for such a short time being there bro!
          Bring it on, bring your dog if you want.
          Do a search for camping in Moab and find out if they allow dogs if you want to be in town, otherwise you can camp out on BLM or whatever lands for free.
          WJ okay by me, bring what ya got.

Wife and I and son/daughter in law will be camped north of town, just south of the airport, second road to the left (west) after bridge over RR tracks, there is a couple trees there and dry river bed that I like to drive in, all sand.
          "There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."
          Gary Harmon-writer for Grand Junction Daily Sentinel (newspaper)

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)
          Draco-79 Cherokee 360/QT-4" lift-pretty much stock and trying to fall apart

Comment

• flatbackdragon
            304 AMC
            • Aug 22, 2003

coming back from AZ wife caught this on her cell phone camera.
            Everything appears to be dry except high mountains.

"There's an inner idiot in us just waiting to climb out and romp about in unabashed stupidity, but most people retain just enough wit to keep the idiot bottled up."

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)

Comment

• flatbackdragon
              304 AMC
              • Aug 22, 2003

Casey still flying in?

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                Señor Jackhead
                • Aug 21, 2002

Casey is not going to make it.

Bryan - We typically have folks staying at a variety of places for the Moab gig. Krista and I are staying at the Big Horn Lodge Thu, Fri, Sat nights. They have some dog friendly rooms. If you are up for the drive, we would not turn away your WJ.
                Flint
                Ran when parked.
                http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• The PIG Smith
                  King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                  Bryan - We typically have folks staying at a variety of places for the Moab gig. Krista and I are staying at the Big Horn Lodge Thu, Fri, Sat nights. They have some dog friendly rooms. If you are up for the drive, we would not turn away your WJ.
                  Thank you!
                  Like the other trip we talked about not to long ago...this an very long ways to go for a quick visit...and I just saw a few minutes ago, gas in Indiana is $3.99.

I have a strong need to get away and be with friendly folks.
                  I need to think about this some more...but thank you for your inviting welcome.
                  Bryan Smith
                  1986 Jeep J20
                  1982 Jeep J10
                  1981 Jeep J20
                  1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer

Comment

• Gambler68
                    Rabble Rouser
                    • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by The PIG Smith
                    Thank you!
                    Like the other trip we talked about not to long ago...this an very long ways to go for a quick visit...and I just saw a few minutes ago, gas in Indiana is $3.99.

I have a strong need to get away and be with friendly folks.
                    I need to think about this some more...but thank you for your inviting welcome.
                    Pack the jeep, grab the credit cards, and get rolling tonight You won't regret it.

You should be able to hit the CO border in one LONG day, sleep, and take I-70 over past Grand Junction and skip down to Moab in another half day and be checked in a room by dinnertime. Took me 11 hours to hit Cozad, Nebraska from South Bend area doing 70+, then it's another 4 to Denver.
                    Last edited by Gambler68; 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM.
                    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                    Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• The PIG Smith
                      King Browless

• Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by Gambler68
                      Pack the jeep, grab the credit cards, and get rolling tonight You won't regret it.

You should be able to hit the CO border in one LONG day, sleep, and take I-70 over past Grand Junction and skip down to Moab in another half day and be checked in a room by dinnertime. Took me 11 hours to hit Cozad, Nebraska from South Bend area doing 70+, then it's another 4 to Denver.
                      Thanx.
                      I work Thursday and will not be free until 10:00PM that night.
                      I would leave early on Friday morning.
                      I was looking at the map and maybe I would go to Indy and take I-70 clear over.
                      Still thinking about it
                      Bryan Smith
                      1986 Jeep J20
                      1982 Jeep J10
                      1981 Jeep J20
                      1987 Jeep J20 Pioneer

Comment

• Gambler68
                        Rabble Rouser
                        • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by The PIG Smith
                        Thanx.
                        I work Thursday and will not be free until 10:00PM that night.
                        I would leave early on Friday morning.
                        I was looking at the map and maybe I would go to Indy and take I-70 clear over.
                        Still thinking about it
                        Well...you'd run into nothing but EJS freaks from Saturday to Saturday..we're wheeling Sat but most are leaving Sunday morning.

Hotel rooms will be unavailable by the weekend...thousands of people swarm Moab next week. We're going early to blaze the trails for the baby jeeps with our ATF drippings
                        Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• letank
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Jun 03, 2002

Originally posted by Gambler68
                          Well...you'd run into nothing but EJS freaks from Saturday to Saturday..we're wheeling Sat but most are leaving Sunday morning.

Hotel rooms will be unavailable by the weekend...thousands of people swarm Moab next week. We're going early to blaze the trails for the baby jeeps with our ATF drippings

Aaaaack, I forgot about EJS being next week, I was going to stay another 8 to 10 days to justify the 2000mile roundtrip....

I have been running like a headless chicken fixing all the little things that propped up while redoing the intake manifold gasket.... I had to swap a mid 80's mine was starting to rust from the EGR to the cooling ports and of course most fittings are different, at least the engine started on 3rd try after being mothball for a year... well 14 months.... but the temp gauge failed.... redlined.... The real temp was good -infrared thermometer- but this and that... yes at $4.15 a gallon.... then the voltage was not up to par.... at least I found a loose connector behind the dash.... the spare gauge cluster is good.... temp is in the middle and gas gauge is working....

Still need a few things and a test run.... Tomorrow I will decide.... it is always a pleasure to meet everybody.... I'll probably go to Phil's spot for camping which is my favorite staging for off road motorcycle.
                          Michel
                          74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
                          85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• Gambler68
                            Rabble Rouser
                            • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by letank
                            Aaaaack, I forgot about EJS being next week, I was going to stay another 8 to 10 days to justify the 2000mile roundtrip....

I have been running like a headless chicken fixing all the little things that propped up while redoing the intake manifold gasket.... I had to swap a mid 80's mine was starting to rust from the EGR to the cooling ports and of course most fittings are different, at least the engine started on 3rd try after being mothball for a year... well 14 months.... but the temp gauge failed.... redlined.... The real temp was good -infrared thermometer- but this and that... yes at $4.15 a gallon.... then the voltage was not up to par.... at least I found a loose connector behind the dash.... the spare gauge cluster is good.... temp is in the middle and gas gauge is working....

Still need a few things and a test run.... Tomorrow I will decide.... it is always a pleasure to meet everybody.... I'll probably go to Phil's spot for camping which is my favorite staging for off road motorcycle.
                            Hope to see you! I'll be camping at Phils Rowdy Roundup Camp Friday night! Have a safe trip if you decide to come! At least on the bike you can skip out into the wilds and avoid the baby jeepers...or ride around them..someday I'll fix up my dirtbike and take it up there.
                            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• flatbackdragon
                              304 AMC
                              • Aug 22, 2003

I can't remember what mile marker on 191 where Mill Canyon cuts off but its north of 313 about 3-4 (?) miles to the west, its on a corner and the RR tracks are right there, can't miss it, its the only place I know where you can camp north of Moab that has a tree!!!
                              Coming south on 191 its the second road to the right past the airport.

Decent place, close to Wipeout and the river bed is all sand so fun to drive in it day or night.

Michel stayed with us one time and think he liked getting fed breakfast and dinner.
                              Last edited by flatbackdragon; 04-12-2011, 06:51 AM.

Phil (or Flip, Dragon)

Comment

• WaggThis
                                232 I6
                                • Feb 07, 2007

yeah what about the CB channel? we are going to hit the road soon so we need to pick one before i leave

Comment

Working...
                                X