• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christopher
    232 I6
    • Jul 20, 2000

metering jets and power

I know this was posted before but here it goes. I am wondering what size metering jets you guys are using in your 2150? mine are 55e if anyone knows what that means. anyway I was told to go to the next size up to eliminate the bogging I havnt been able to eliminate. It also feels like I dont have enough power(cant even get the tires to burnout). whats the scoop? no vac leaks, rebuilt eng, rebuilt carb. its a 360,where are my balls?
  • ClarkGriswald
    350 Buick
    • Jul 03, 2000

I went EVERYWHERE looking for those main jets yesterday.. nobody recognized them and simply tried to push me off onto the next guy (which of course also didnt now sh** from shinola) I have an extra pair so i drilled mine out. But I still have no idea where to get those..

------------------
    88 Grand Wagoneer
    D44's front\rear
    Warn 20990 Lockouts
    AMC 360
    TF 727
    NP 229 (Funky)
    Custom Hacking Via S.P.A. (Standard Polish Archetecture)
    88 Rusting mound
    79 Rusting mound

Comment

• Shane
      258 I6
      • May 04, 2000

What is shinola?
      1982 J10 Model 25 Pioneer D44,258(.030"over),T5,NP208,AMC20. 1986 Grand Wagoneer D44,360-4bl,727,NP228,AMC20. 1987 Grand Wagoneer D44,360,727,NP229,D44

Comment

• SlickKipper
        258 I6
        • May 26, 2000

Yeah! My GW doesn't burn out either! What's the deal!!??
        Well fellas, I\'m ashamed to admit that I sold my GW to a family friend, Fall 01. Got t\'hankerin\' for a motorcycle, and I was also in dire need of a daily driver, gas was \'spensive and I was runnin\' outa\' dough for Elsie (the GW) so there ya go. I won\'t mention brands of m\'new stuff \'cause we all know Jeep isn\'t making any p/u trucks or motorcycles these days, but I sure do miss participating in the club.

Comment

• ClarkGriswald
          350 Buick
          • Jul 03, 2000

Shinola? as in "Doesnt know :o:o:o:o from shinola"? shinola was a brand of shoe polish way back when there were "shoe-shine boys" when they had theyre little booth's.. Shinola was a brand of shoe polish.. and if you were really stupid. you didnt know ":o:o:o:o from Shine-ola"

------------------
          88 Grand Wagoneer
          D44's front\rear
          Warn 20990 Lockouts
          AMC 360
          TF 727
          NP 229 (Funky)
          Custom Hacking Via S.P.A. (Standard Polish Archetecture)
          88 Rusting mound
          79 Rusting mound

Comment

• christopher
            232 I6
            • Jul 20, 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ClarkGriswald:
            Shinola? as in "Doesnt know :o:o:o:o from shinola"? shinola was a brand of shoe polish way back when there were "shoe-shine boys" when they had theyre little booth's.. Shinola was a brand of shoe polish.. and if you were really stupid. you didnt know ":o:o:o:o from Shine-ola"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>now that we all know what shinola is and what it was used for how about anyone replying with a responce to the guestion(does your gw burn rubber). maybe a little shinola in the tank will loosen up the rubber on the tires

Comment

• Joker_87GW

This is one post that I'm going to pay close attention to!!!!

I want my GW to burn rubber also!!!!

Just putting my .02 worth in!!!

------------------
              Byron Yeiser
              '87 Grand Wagoneer
              "The Wanderer"
              360/727/NP229
              Home of Loaded Camera Photography
              [email protected]

Comment

• Dutch
                258 I6
                • Apr 10, 2000

I won't rain on you but maybe send a little drizzle your way. My rebuilt 360 uses Edlebrock cam, manifold, carb., K&N filter, MSD ignition, absolutely no emissions (not even a cat. converter) and is tuned as fine as I can possibly get it. My heads are fresh from a 3 angle valve with all moving parts new, I run 92/93 octane and this dumps into a 2 and 3/4 inch exhaust pipe. The rear is a 3:31 with limited slip and Goodrich AT tires.

If there is anything else I can do (within reason) I don't know what it is.

My whole point is I can't get the rear to chirp...never mind smoke! Don't get me wrong, for the weight involved it will pull anything you want...it just won't pull 15's in the quarter.

Build them for comfort and bulletproof reliability. You'll be much happier. Incidentally, if you think the parts list gives me bragging rights your missing the point.

Information only
                Dutch
                \"I ain\'t old...just tired of learning\"<br /><br />\"Jeep gave her life... but Edlebrock raised her\"<br /><br />84 J-10 (body and spirit)<br />89 GWAG (heart and lungs)<br />K&N, MSD, Taylor, Rancho RSX, Goodyear, Carter 4BBL, Edlebrock headers, etc... <br /><br />Man... I just love them stickers.

Comment

• Baker
                  258 I6
                  • Apr 09, 2000

Get it on smooth pavement (as slick as possible), hold the brake with your left foot and give it gas until it "climbs" up on the rear brakes (you'll feel it), then let off the brake and stab the gas at the same time. Works every time .

This is with a stock 165,000-mile 360, stock 2150, K&N air filter and 2" dual exhaust. [edit]And 3.31 axles.[/edit]

------------------
                  Baker
                  '84 Grand Wagoneer "B.U.F.F" (Big Ugly Fat... um...Fellow)
                  360,727,229, 44 & 20 (3.31s), 30x9.5
                  If you don't know what all those numbers mean, you shouldn't be here.

[This message has been edited by Baker (edited September 08, 2000).]
                  Baker<br /><a href=\"http://www.3weasel.20m.com/jeepwreck.html\" target=\"_blank\">\'84 Grand Wag, fixer-upper.</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.3weasel.20m.com/nova/\" target=\"_blank\">\'71 4 door Chevy Nova</a> Must sell so I can buy my dream car!<br />Email me for details.

Comment

• christopher
                    232 I6
                    • Jul 20, 2000

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baker:
                    Get it on smooth pavement (as slick as possible), hold the brake with your left foot and give it gas until it "climbs" up on the rear brakes (you'll feel it), then let off the brake and stab the gas at the same time. Works every time .

This is with a stock 165,000-mile 360, stock 2150, K&N air filter and 2" dual exhaust. [edit]And 3.31 axles.[/edit]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>thanks for the input, you see a good friend of mine has a 69 amx with a 360. now as for weight goes granted the fsj is heavier but that baby can smoke tire up hill in third gear. the only mods done were to put in a hotter cam. its also a 4b carb. he is also wondering why I am a tortise. I dont want to drag race just have hairier balls. will larger jets solve some problems?

Comment

Working...
                    X