• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will e
    Always Broke
    • Nov 16, 2001

Mikes Engine Swap-o-rama

Well some of the AZFSJ gang are gonna help me with my engine swap (360 to 401). I am going to use this thread to keep them updated on progress and what days we will be working on it next week.

Plan:
    Sunday - Get engine out of storage and head over to the swap place. Probably get there by 11am
    Start Pulling
    Monday - Finish Pulling engine and cleaning parts and engine compartement.
    Tuesday - No work. Helping dad christmas shop
    Wednesday/Thursday - Put new engine in. Start hooking stuff up.

I think I have most everything that I need. Ralph lent me his engine hoist.
    I could use another engine stand.
    82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

• gwinn
    360 AMC
    • Nov 05, 2001

I got a light duty engine stand. Remind me to show it to you tomorrow. You may want to use it.

[ December 16, 2005, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: gwinn ]
    1983 Cherokee Laredo "Gus"

Comment

• will e
      Always Broke
      • Nov 16, 2001

Jerry has one I can borrow but I will take a look. It will make swapping accessories and stuff easier.
      82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Tigger4X
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Nov 16, 2001

Count Tigger in for the wrench-fest! I'll be ready to go about 11am myself. PM me if you need my number or anything.

Originally posted by will e
        Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
        Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• will e
          Always Broke
          • Nov 16, 2001

Thanks Tigger, we are going to get to the Wrench-o-thon about noon on Sunday. It's not at my house so I have to pick up stuff and take it over to the 'happy place'

See you there!

Comment

• will e
            Always Broke
            • Nov 16, 2001

Okay, I am heading over the operating area. I expect to get there aroudn noon. See you guys there.

Thanks

Comment

• Tigger4X
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Nov 16, 2001

Do you need any help with picking up the engine or anything like that??

It's 10:50 now ... I can be ready to run ASAP.

I PM'd and emailed you my number if you need it.

Keith

Comment

• rstep
                304 AMC
                • Oct 09, 2003

So Mike how did it go today?
                Haven't heard on the run yesterday either..
                77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
                d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
                Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
                33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
                Tadrack
                Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
                Soa,with 1" shackle up front
                Hood vents

Comment

• will e
                  Always Broke
                  • Nov 16, 2001

Hey,
                  Got the engine out today. Here is the Link

Keith and Kevin came by and got their hand dirty (real dirty) LOL. My old engine was covered in oil. We made pretty short work of it. Took about 4 hours. Certainly not a record but not too bad.

I am going to do some serious cleaning tomorrow and then start the install. More updates soon...

Comment

• will e
                    Always Broke
                    • Nov 16, 2001

I am home sick today (dec 21st). I will try to get down there tomorrow.

Comment

• rstep
                      304 AMC
                      • Oct 09, 2003

How you feeling Mike,anything to update us with.
                      77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
                      d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
                      Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
                      33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
                      Tadrack
                      Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
                      Soa,with 1" shackle up front
                      Hood vents

Comment

• will e
                        Always Broke
                        • Nov 16, 2001

WOW, I have not been keeping up on the thread.

No updates. I was knocked out by this bug. I feel pretty good today and plan on heading over tomorrow to start with the assembly.

I have Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and Sunday if needed to get her put back together.

Comment

• gsmikie
                          Auto Trannie God
                          • Feb 18, 2001

dont forget to change the front seal in the trans while you have the motor out
                          I\'ve seen gsmikie\'s video for the TH400 and thought it was just awful.watching a guy tear down a greasy pile of metal in a junkyard. it dosent have to be surrounded by water to be an island

Comment

• Tigger4X
                            AMC 4 OH! 1
                            • Nov 16, 2001

Mike ...

I will try going in to work early this week so I get off earlier. Lil one is with grandma this week so I can stay as late as needed. Glad to hear you are doing better. I'm pretty much over mine as well. See ya soon!

Keith

Comment

• will e
                              Always Broke
                              • Nov 16, 2001

ALL RIGHT! Monday morning and I am feeling fine.
                              I am heading over to the house. (BTW it's 12th AVE not Street). I plan to get there about 10am and will be hanging out until probably 4 or 5 pm. I don't want to knock myself out the first day back.

I have some home made pumpkin pie I am bringing with me. (Bring your own fork)

Comment

Working...
                              X