International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Build Threads

Old 09-06-2020, 08:29 PM
327 Rambler

Congrats on another 2 years of driving an old beast in Cali.

Good job tracking down the problem. Very impressive. You must have the tank removal and reinstall down pretty good. I just reinstalled mine on the 79 and it was a PITA! I like the new look of your grille. I guess Its the same look as you have had forever. It just didn't stand out to me like it does in the last front end pic.

Last edited by 78 WIDETRAC : 09-07-2020 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:26 PM
232 I6

Sweet! I'll see you up north; house went into escrow this weekend!

"Well I've been down so GD long! and it looks like up to me..." Furry Lewis
Old 09-11-2020, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkilby
Very nice! Congrats Marc. Such a nice accomplishment. Me? I would have tossed that air nozzle in the trash and bought another. Lol. I guess I'm just too lazy sometimes.
Hahahaha! I know! I was going to toss it but had time to kill while working. Figured, why not try to fix it? Saved me enough money to buy 6 miles worth of gasoline!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty76
Nice story
Good Job
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWNashville
Congrats my friend!!!
Thank you, gentlemen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Size Jeeper
Rang, that's great! That machine has sent more classic cars to an early grave. Your perseverance/hard head, surprised the $hit out of that smog Tech.
FOR SURE!!! That stupid machine also makes my rig worth that much less in CA. Honestly, it also kept me from bailing on this truck a year ago. If my truck was CA smog exempt (I could sell it with a clear conscience that it would not need smog) I would have sold it when it was backfiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood
That is SOOO exciting to see you conquered the smog check!

By the way, what is the terminal block for in the lower right of this pic? Is it a ground block, power block or both? I don't have it on my 79. Is it factory or aftermarket? The heat shrink looks recent.
That is a bus bar I removed from the mid 90's chevy truck that donated it's EFI harness. That is the bus bar that distributes power to various electrical circuits when the key is set to "run". I have a plastic cover for it but had to keep taking it off and ended up forgetting to put it back on. I need to find it and put it back on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78 WIDETRAC
Congrats on another 2 years of driving an old beast in Cali.

Good job tracking down the problem. Very impressive. You must have the tank removal and reinstall down pretty good. I just reinstalled mine on the 79 and it was a PITA! I like the new look of your grille. I guess Its the same look as you have had forever. It just didn't stand out to me like it does in the last front end pic.
I can pull my tank in 15 minutes, now (including grabbing tools out of my tool box). That's not bragging, it's whining. I do feel good knowing it is fixed (and hopefully for good).
Thanks! When I finish painting my next grill it will be even better. Still blacked out but a much better finish and the chrome surround is in much better shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehwy
Sweet! I'll see you up north; house went into escrow this weekend!
LLLLUCKKKY!!!!!! Happy for you!
09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
Old 09-12-2020, 06:43 PM
232 I6

I'm glad to see you got it past smog. I'm glad I live in the land of the free. If I had to do all that work to smog it, not sure I would want to. But I probably would.

You've been busy, catching fire, painting, center caps, passing smog and a bunch more. Just caught up up on your build. If you ever fly into Orlando and need something to work on at night to keep you busy, I got plenty lol.

Looks great, especially after the front springs.
2003 Durango 4x4
1982 CJ7 4 banger
2008 MB E320 Bluetec