X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CJ the noisemaker
    304 AMC
    • Nov 28, 2009

I buffed the crud out of the body paint, removed the film, and got some shine! I also detailed the whole thing and put the door panels on.
    CJ
    [/COLOR][/SIZE] -1985 Ford LTD Country Squire "Rarity" - 302/AOD

Comment

• ma2fish
      232 I6
      • Feb 16, 2010

Not technically the weekend but...

Got in this morning and was rewarded with a pretty week click when I turned the key. Backed the POS Buick along side the GW for a jump and it wouldn't even take a charge. Pulled the battery, took it to Napa and a quick load test showed major probs, even though the voltage was good. Bought new battery, installed it, and I'm rollin' in the GW again. Not how I wanted to start the day today.
      Matthew
      Leland, NC
      1989 Grand Wagoneer, no mods

Comment

• J10_IA
        232 I6
        • Aug 24, 2009

Spent 3 hours running back and forth to the hardware store to find the correct size and length of bolt for the new flywheel. Also ordered a new pilot bearing for the 302 swap. This weekend should be more productive.
        1982 J10 I6 258
        2BBL Carter Carb
        4speed
        New process Tcase

Comment

• Tad
          • Nov 30, 2001

Finished one of these:

Found this for next weekend:

Oh well, never was good friends with my springs to start with.
          2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
          EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
          Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Etcetera
            258 I6
            • Mar 09, 2010

Swapped in H4's that I've moved form vehicle to vehicle for the last 15 years.

Removed seats and carpet and scraped up all the asphault tar junk. Just a couple minor rust bubbles under in the front and the rear section is shiny new. Started sanding and treating the rust spots in prep for "Peel n Stick", insulation and new carpet. I don't think I can bring myself to do anything to the rear. It'll probably keep the original rubber pad and carpet. I also removed the cracked plastic strip that covers the B pillar and the long rails that hold the edges of the headliner. Cleaned up residue on floor with some solvent and old rags.

Fixed some wiring problems. 2 very simple ones, plugged the reverse light switch back in, and plugged the kick down switch back in. Couple of other ones that were a bit more complicated. Mostly cleaned up and fixed a bunch of factory / PO screwups. Re-routed the rear door switch wiring and dome light wiring through the A pillar and in the roof, instead of under the carpet. Why they don't do this from the factory I don't know.

Removed front door panels and crusty mismatched front speakers. Stripped down the panels to use as a template. Bought some nice 1/4" (a bit less when measured with a caliper) hardwood plywood. $16 a sheet. I think it'll look really nice with a stain and varnish.

Swapped in a working outside tailgate switch.

Replaced vent tube from filler to to tank. Removed float, check, rollover whatever valve and cut lines back. Pulled lines back out T'd the 2 vent lines together and ran a vent with a little filter and check valve just behind the rear bumper. The line going forward was broken in several places. NO MORE FUME SMELLS INSIDE!!! YAY!!!

Removed middle seatbelt from rear and canibalized the latch to fix 2 broken ones.

Why is the shoulder belt hole there from the factory for the rear seats, but not the front???

Went and picked up axles for a swap. Dana 60 FF rear with 4.10's and a Full size 44 from a full size chevy. Working limited slip in the rear. Both 8 lug. I make vinyl stickers and traded stickers for several work trucks for the axles.

Need to find a set of 35's on 8 lug rims and buy a high steer arm and tap the passenger knuckle. I also picked up a Dana 20 setup for a th400 a couple weeks ago. I think I'll do everything at once once the rest of the parts come together.

Productive couple days.
            Eric
            La Habra, CA
            75 Wagoneer

Comment

• TJDukit
              232 I6
              • Feb 17, 2010

Didn't get too much done. I spent too much time helping my buddy with his new to him '76 K10. I did manage to get the Holley 4160 working great on that thing and it runs awesome now, did a rebuild and some tuning and that 350 will cook the 33" TSL's that are on it.

I helped my other buddy remove some stuff from his Toyota mini truck. I took the seats out of that along with the seat belts to put in my J4000.

I pulled the Isuzu Rodeo seat out of the passenger side of mine the PO had put in. Still need to get the driver side out. He had them welded straight to the floor so it took some work. The Toy seats look like they will be a good fit. The drive side will be very easy to mount, passenger side is going to be a little more work but I think they will work great the floor on these J-trucks look like it would be pretty easy to mount almost any seat.
              "And on the 8th day God created beer."

My J4000 build Thread http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1077331

Comment

• CJ the noisemaker
                304 AMC
                • Nov 28, 2009

I finished my exhaust pipe, and now it's beginning to let fumes into the cab.
                CJ

Comment

• Gurinski
                  258 I6
                  • Mar 14, 2010

drove it
                  1991 GW TFI GM-icm 360 727 np229

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Installed 6 degree alignment wedges on the front spring perches to correct for the SR done 2 weeks ago. Sad thing is, I have something to post EVERY week

Comment

• Josh D
                      360 AMC
                      • Jan 17, 2002

Rear locker, new window wipes, new side marker lights front and rear and re-installed bed box.
                      '71 J2000 Gladiator
                      '95 YJ on Waggy axles
                      '80 911 Super Carrera

Comment

• HD_JEEP
                        350 Buick
                        • Oct 28, 2008

dragonfire install

Started my Dragonfire ignition install. Reinstalled my Offey intake along with the new Holley carb. Cleaned up my donor fender and shot it with primer. Oh because I was working on my Jeep. My youngest worked on his....

He wants to upgrade his engine from 6 volt to 12 volt system...
                        91 Grand Wagoneer "Final Edition"
                        DeWooded
                        6 inch Hellcreek lift.
                        Rhino Grill
                        BFGoodrich MT T/A KM2 33X10.5. R15
                        Offenhauser Dual Port 360 Intake
                        Holley 600cfm

If are not living on the Edge you are taking up to much room.
                        ##########
                        '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172261

Comment

• CJ the noisemaker
                          304 AMC
                          • Nov 28, 2009

Originally posted by HD_JEEP
                          Started my Dragonfire ignition install. Reinstalled my Offey intake along with the new Holley carb. Cleaned up my donor fender and shot it with primer. Oh because I was working on my Jeep. My youngest worked on his....

He wants to upgrade his engine from 6 volt to 12 volt system...
                          Your sons Jeep already comes with a V8, why upgrade?
                          CJ

Comment

• CJ the noisemaker
                            304 AMC
                            • Nov 28, 2009

Originally posted by CJ the noisemaker
                            I finished my exhaust pipe, and now it's beginning to let fumes into the cab.
                            I also went to find some of my pops land out in Eagle Valley; the exhaust pipe came off.
                            CJ

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                              360 AMC
                              • Aug 21, 2004

Junkyard Dog Update

Some pretty important progress on the Junkyard dog this week

Couple of weeks ago I swapped a Winch Mount from an old Wrangler that I had for a set of gently used 32X11.5 Super Swampers. PineyMike's son John mounted them on the Wagon Wheels that originally came from Jack the Jeep. Huge improvement over the baloney skins that looked like they came from Maypop Tires Co.

Added just a little something of a political nature to let folks know how I feel

Moved up to the 4th set of mirrors. This seems to have been a never ending quest for mirrors.
                              The Junkyard Dog came with only a broken stock FSJ mirror on the driver's door. I replaced that and added one to the passenger side with a set from Nissan pickup that I got at the junkyard. Somehow the driver side mirror got broken so I took that off and used one from Jack the Jeep. It got broken and my neighbor Mike Sheeks had a set of mirrors from a Bronco that he didn't need so I put them on yesterday. Finally going to be able to see what's going on around me.

PineyMike and I took a shake down cruise on a beautiful day in our FSJs through some back roads in the 51st state and home via a divided highway to get the old trucks up to speed. The Junkyard Dog drove pretty well. Running much better. At 60mph I can't hear the radio or basically anything else because of the noise from the tires. At 65mph I think a few of my teeth were coming loose . This is a 60mph truck for sure.

Next week Rausch Creek and the MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club Spring Fling.
                              91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
                              1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
                              It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• getlost4x4
                                258 I6
                                • Jan 23, 2010

i finally got all my oil leaks stopped on the front timing cover and oil pan. what a pain. i can't remember the last time i cussed that much

very happy now not to have any leaks on the motor
                                www.getlost4x4.com

78' Jeep Wagoneer (Tank), Built 360, 330 Miles, QT
                                360 V8 (fresh rebuild), Summit Racing 8600 cam, GM TBI Conversion (in progress), 31" tires no lift, 2.5" exhaust system,dual batteries, T-Max 9000 lbs winch, many plans empty pockets

Comment

Working...
                                X