Went to the White Knuckle swap meet today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the White Knuckle swap meet today

Found J10 tail light lenses (George the Jeep was there with some of his family) Tried to find late '60s/early 70s IH frame brackets for V8 (only found the earlier dogbones, which I already have but they don't work with an AMC motor) and rear fenders for the Honcho Sportside (none. Several lines on Willys boxes with fenders but no guarantee.

I DID get some 4.10 axles for my Comanche (deal set up online before the meet. CV axle high pinion D30 front and 8.25 rear with limited slip) and my zombie AW4 transmission died and revived twice during the 150 mile trip, after towing the parts Grand Cherokee to the shop yesterday. I have to pull that apart this week (NV242 is going into Black Jack temporarily so I can make it mobile while the Comanche is down or when I put it up for sale)
    Last edited by Carnuck; 08-24-2014, 11:55 PM.
    Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.
  • mdcptman
    Jeep Therapist
    • Apr 09, 2010

Sounds like a productive day! How hard is an aw4 to rebuild? Are special tools needed?
    Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
    88 Grand Wagoneer
    360/727/NP208/dana 3.31s
    Edelbrock 2131
    Holley 600
    Hydroboost
    Hedman headers
    Dual exhaust
    MSD6A, TFI
    Digital Gauges
    Rusty's 2" Lift
    31x10.5 15LT15s
    Quote From Friend's Mom:
    "You don't rely on that vehicle do you?"

Comment

• Bill Moore
      304 AMC
      • May 22, 2006

Originally posted by mdcptman
      Sounds like a productive day! How hard is an aw4 to rebuild? Are special tools needed?
      mine were fixed at the scrapyard!
      DDs
      67 KJ715 4bt AA OD 465 np205
      78 J20 Chevy 305 nv4500 np205

Projects

Sons Build 1980 short bed J10, j20 axles, 4bt, nv4500, np205, shortened M715 bed and fenders

Freedom is not Free, it is paid for with Blood

Comment

Usually only a simple fix needed (bad shift solenoids or jammed up filter causing a false neutral at speed.) Metric tools needed but I haven't dealt with the clutch drums yet. They are usually cheaper to snag from the junkyard (most aren't dead in the yard. Mine went through ultra abuse) than rebuild.
        Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
        X