• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daddio
    258 I6
    • Dec 13, 2008

New Top Gear Guest Chair

There is a new version of the UK Top Gear tv show on the History Channel. If you've seen the old show, the new American version is almost the same format. One of the segments is a short interview with a celebrity and then they get to drive around a track. Well, the seat for the interview is a Wagoneer rear seat.
    '88 Grand Wagoneer, towing package, 360 .030, Holley Street Dominator intake, Holley Projection, rv cam, double roller timing chain, HEI, CS144, oil pump mid plate, Thorley Headers, BJ's 3" exhaust, and more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWWCj...layer_embedded

• billyrb
    BJ's Off-Road
    • Aug 15, 2001

so far, that's the only redeeming quality of the show. US version blows.
    BJ's Off-Road
    [email protected]
    Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• TexTJ209
      360 AMC
      • Oct 06, 2005

You cannot recreate the UK version of the Top Gear, period. Nothing would ever come close.

Cool that they used a Wagoneer seat though. I use a J20 bench seat in my garage.
      '10 Chevy Silverado 5.3L - The DD.
      '81 Jeep CJ-7 Laredo
      '73 Jeep J2000 - On the perpetual backburner.
      Texas A&M Offroad

Comment

• tndonor
        258 I6
        • Apr 05, 2006

James, Richard, and Jeremy could compare which stink bait worked best in the the channel and it wouldnt matter. They have chemistry and just plain work together. I like that they all have other primary jobs and do Top Gear as a hobby. It keeps it realistic and everyone can relate to that.

The US version was a let down, but cant say I was expecting it to top teh UK
        1980 J10 4BTA (p pumped) NV4500, d300, np205. Dana 60s Sold and parted out
        1967 M715 Cummins 6B p7100
        HX35/HT3B compound turbos. NV4500. 203/205 Doubler. 14B FF 4.56 Detroit/ HP60 4.56 OX

Comment

• Daddio
          258 I6
          • Dec 13, 2008

My favorite of the UK show was the road rally in vintage cars with interesting navigators. That was funny.

The boys have been entered into the Majorca Classic Car Rally but first they need a car! So with £3,000 burning a hole in their pockets, its off to a car auc...
          '88 Grand Wagoneer, towing package, 360 .030, Holley Street Dominator intake, Holley Projection, rv cam, double roller timing chain, HEI, CS144, oil pump mid plate, Thorley Headers, BJ's 3" exhaust, and more...

Comment

• 91G-Dub
            360 AMC
            • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by billyrb
            so far, that's the only redeeming quality of the show. US version blows.
            X2 I watched it the other night hoping it would be enjoyable.

Waste of time.
            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
            1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
            It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• billyrb
              BJ's Off-Road
              • Aug 15, 2001

Unfortunately most American shows these days look for big names for a big draw, and when they can't get big names, they look for names that are already on tv and think they'll be a big draw. What they fail to realize is that some of the best shows and hosts of the old days were people that had character, interesting / entertaining voices, and had charisma with their co-hosts. Rather than developing a show with people that viewers would enjoy seeing, they just slap something together and get it on the air. That is why I think most new shows end up failing. Ah well, at least I can still watch the UK version (even the reruns that I've already seen)
              BJ's Off-Road
              [email protected]
              Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• Daddio
                258 I6
                • Dec 13, 2008

I watched another episode of the lame show tonight and they said the seat was from a Grand Cherokee.

All of us should send them an email to help get their facts straight.

Comment

• IH8ZOMBIES
                  230 Tornado
                  • Nov 07, 2010

Originally posted by Daddio
                  I watched another episode of the lame show tonight and they said the seat was from a Grand Cherokee.

All of us should send them an email to help get their facts straight.
                  I agree, so I did just that, I also asked them to change hosts to someone more like Tim Allen or Chris Titus, at least they know about automobiles unlike these morons

Comment

• AKAMC
                    327 Rambler
                    • Sep 23, 2006

Originally posted by IH8ZOMBIES
                    I agree, so I did just that, I also asked them to change hosts to someone more like Tim Allen or Chris Titus, at least they know about automobiles unlike these morons
                    Chris Titus would have been great! Really liked his show...
                    06 Rubicon Wifes toy
                    84 CJ8
                    66 Amphicar Yea it's a boat too!
                    08 German Sheperd
                    03 Golden Retriever
                    06 Golden Retriever
                    19XX Sexy Red Head loaded with all the options!

ALASKA... "Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species"

Comment

• btpdragon
                      232 I6
                      • Nov 07, 2009

I went to a taping of this show. I think it will air in a few weeks. Rutledge asked the audeince if they knew where the seat was from. Someone quickly answered jeep wagoneer, which the host stated was correct. It seems that Adam Ferrara is the non car guy on the show and had his facts wrong.

I will say that during the taping I saw, the guys were much more relaxed and had better chemistry than they have had on these first few episodes. No where close to being as good as the BBC show, but still better than 3/4 of the crud on TV today.

1975 Cherokee Chief W/T
                      360/TH400/QT w/part time
                      Back on the road!!!

1979 Cherokee Chief W/T[/B]
                      360/T18A/D20
                      Currently in long term storage awaiting funds for restoration.

Comment

• Goofy
                        232 I6
                        • Aug 11, 2010

i was really disapointed in the US version that POP in the UK version isent there and the stairs on the US are down right lame!!!

i would love to see Tim on there and Jay Leno, and Stacy David there thats good
                        1977 Mustang 2 limited edtion T-Tops (Orange Juice)

Comment

• 75J10
                          232 I6
                          • Nov 15, 2010

Yea, the us version isn't near as good. They def should have better host, I was thinking tom selleck. tim allan and jay leno would do good. And why do they have to copy everything the uk version does? for one use an american v8 for your coffee table. least last nights one was a little funnier.

Comment

• IH8ZOMBIES
                            230 Tornado
                            • Nov 07, 2010

I think Leno would be good esp. as the interviewer but I heard that he declined an offer to host Top Gear US becasue he knew it would ruin the brand and would never be able to compete with UK. A friend also told me this show was originally supposed to be on NBC with Adam Carolla as a host, i think this show would be much better on network tv not sure about Carolla though

Comment

• Emissions dude
                              258 I6
                              • Oct 13, 2003

Originally posted by Goofy
                              i was really disapointed in the US version that POP in the UK version isent there and the stairs on the US are down right lame!!!

i would love to see Tim on there and Jay Leno, and Stacy David there thats good
                              I would really Stacy David on the show! I love watching him work and he does have FSJ experiance, he had a hand in Ryan's Cherk
                              1979 J-10 304/th400/Q-trac busted tranny sitting for now,
                              NEW ADDITION: 1977 Cherokee Cheif S 360,T-15A 3spd $300 buck plow truck

UPDATE: due to some unfortunate circumstances I have had to get rid if my jeeps

Comment

Working...
                              X