Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

PO installed and Edelbrock card but left all the vacuum lines on the intake with screws as plugs. He had an ATV winch mounted to the Pass-side of the bumper which twisted the bumper (go figure). Added a cork gasket to the leaking oil pump and then added 3 quarts of gear lube (7 qts total) to make oil pressure. ARRG! I couldnt start it before I bought it so I found all these issue as I was making it run. AMF, it was this group that resolved my oil pressure issue with the FAT gasket.
    THANK GUYS

Comment

• jaber
      Dragin Az
      • Oct 17, 2003

Beer case as ceiling patch...

2x2 for t-case engager...

Broken x-member from "jumping it"...

Leaf spring repair...

I had to take pics just to remind myself that this truck has come a LONG way....
      Jeff

'43 cj2a
      '51 Willys p/u
      '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
      '68 Panel Delivery
      '74 CJ5
      '75 J-20 Wrecker
      '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
      '77 J-10 p/u
      '79 Cherokee
      '88 Grand Wagoneer
      '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• TJDukit
        232 I6
        • Feb 17, 2010

He did a terrible job bobbing the bed, leaving me to clean it up. Did a terrible hack job of mounting Isuzu Rodeo seats, I'm swapping for some Toyota mini truck seats. Took it wheeling with nothing holding the battery down resulting in a completely fried wiring harness. Also he welded the gas pedal to the floor on top of part of the bed he used to patch the floor, that took some grinding and hammering to convince the metal back into an almost original postion to put a stock pedal back in.
        "And on the 8th day God created beer."

My J4000 build Thread http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1077331

Comment

• WagoneerinWi
          258 I6
          • Mar 19, 2010

My PO did a Redneck fuel injection by piping in a lawnmower updraft carb into the aircleaner.

1985 GW

Comment

• Locked and Loaded
            350 Buick
            • Jul 04, 2006

I've had my Jtruck since 1991. Back when I was young inexperienced and a drunk. I can't list the things that when I work on it now I say."What was I thinking."
            Jeff

Drink more water.

"Nothin' ain't worth nothin'.
            But it's free"
            Kris Kristofferson 1970

1981 J10, 258, T176, NP208

Comment

• rustywagoneers_com
              304 AMC
              • Feb 02, 2006

I have seen some REALLY crazy 'fixes' applied to the various FSJ's that have come and gone around here. I guess I count myself lucky that none of the people who have bought them from me have posted in one of those 'idiot p-o' threads about anything that I did to one of the trucks.

One of the most memorable ones for me is a truck that came in with the bleed line from the fuel filter (the little 1/4" hose that returns fuel to the tank) connected straight to manifold vacuum. That was cool.

I have a cherokee right now that if it doesn't get parted out would provide pages of i-p-o stories....
              There is no way to rule innocent men.
              The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
              Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.
              One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.

Comment

• Dumpy
                304 AMC
                • Jan 30, 2009

My clutch linkage was held together by a coat hanger...and worked surprisingly well! My floor was hammered out sheets of copper, which paid for my sheet metal to fix it
                Justin
                '72 J2000 360 4bbl T18 D20
                "It's all about the fun-per-gallon vs the miles-per-gallon"--Gamber68

Sponsored by Jake's Full-Size Jeep Junkyard

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
                  350 Buick
                  • Jul 09, 2009

Used metallic dryer vent hose for the air cleaner intake, that went over the battery terminals and shorted out.

Used silicone to plug the broken banjo bolts on the exhaust manifolds. and also used the said silicone to make a repair to the threaded hole on the back passenger side hole.

And told me that he had just flushed the cooling system prior to me buying it.

(Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• serehill
                    Gone,Never Forgotten.
                    • Nov 22, 2009

well

He painted the entire thing with hammertone paint. Did some really good fiberglass work & sold it as a rust free nevada truck.

80 Cherokee
                    360 ci 727 with
                    Comp cams 270 h
                    NP208
                    Edlebrock performer intake
                    Holley 4180
                    Msd total multi spark.
                    4" rusty's springs
                    Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• ICXC_NIKA
                      232 I6
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Not so much what the PO did do but what he didn't. This was his "Hunt'n Truck" and he didn't like picking up his amunition. Whenever I reach under, behind or in something I pull out some bullet, live shotgun shell or half full can of chaw. Many of these are corroded or rusted in some way. Pulling the dash apart yesterday and a .22 dropped out from somewhere in the wiring harness. Strange headlines keep flashing through my mind: In a freak accident, father of 4 gets shot by his Wagoneer.

I did gain a duck call out of the deal though
                      1989 GW that sounds bad, looks awful, smells worse, rides like a 3 legged mule and drinks like a fish. The only reason I keep dumping money and time in it because I can't admit to my wife that it was a bad idea!

Comment

• Daddio
                        258 I6
                        • Dec 13, 2008

The son of the PO of mine kept driving it until 2 rods went through the block.
                        '88 Grand Wagoneer, towing package, 360 .030, Holley Street Dominator intake, Holley Projection, rv cam, double roller timing chain, HEI, CS144, oil pump mid plate, Thorley Headers, BJ's 3" exhaust, and more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWWCj...layer_embedded

Comment

• Coryd55
                          350 Buick
                          • Jan 23, 2010

Mud....lots of mud....ruined lots of stuff

"Currently restoring but ran out of funds" - Which really means, I took everything off of it and realized it was a rusty POS so I painted everything and sold it.
                          1976 Cherokee Chief Build - Update 7/3/2014

Chief for sale - contact via PM if interested.

Comment

• Mud Menace
                            327 Rambler
                            • Nov 26, 2004

Tore out the headliner and filled the edges of the roof with spray insolation to fix the leaky roof. Some how he missed that the center roof strips under rack had holes around the screws. So now im patching floor pans! He done the right thing and gave it to me.
                            -Ethan Stanley- Stanley's Performance

1983 Wagoneer Limited (Mud Menace) RIP

1987 Grand Wagoneer RIP

1990 Grand Wagoneer Current

Comment

• GallionSW
                              232 I6
                              • Mar 17, 2010

The PO ran 33s on the rear and 31s on the front for what he called "an aggressive stance"!
                              JEEP-JustEmptyEveryPocket

1988 Grand Wagoneer
                              1983 CJ7

Comment

• janie
                                • Aug 11, 2001

Now we know why some animals eat their young....

1st J-10 we purchased had a rod knocking so loud, Helen Keller would've heard it. Then they proceeded to drive it into a tree. The branches were still wedged in the grill and around the radiator support.
                                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

Working...
                                X