• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Longy
    230 Tornado
    • Aug 29, 2019

Replacement Transmission pans?

Hey guys and girls, can I fit any of the deep aluminium trans oil pans on my 86 waggy with the the Torqueflight A727 Auto transmission?

What are the best replacement pans?

Thanks for your help.
  • Cliff
    350 Buick
    • Mar 30, 2002

I had a deep pan (1 extra qt) on my 81 (360/727) but I don't recall the brand. Your choices are basically stamped steel or cast aluminum. There are +/- for each one. My goal was a little extra space and a drain plug. I added a cooler at the same time. I went with steel due to price. I was always concerned that aluminum would be more fragile and subject to trail damage.

Derale makes a pan with cooling tubes. Don't know how well it works but it's a cool idea. No pun intended. There are probably a dozen brands to chose from.
    Cliff Danley
    1977 Cherokee S

Comment

• Longy
      230 Tornado
      • Aug 29, 2019

Originally posted by Cliff
      I had a deep pan (1 extra qt) on my 81 (360/727) but I don't recall the brand. Your choices are basically stamped steel or cast aluminum. There are +/- for each one. My goal was a little extra space and a drain plug. I added a cooler at the same time. I went with steel due to price. I was always concerned that aluminum would be more fragile and subject to trail damage.

Derale makes a pan with cooling tubes. Don't know how well it works but it's a cool idea. No pun intended. There are probably a dozen brands to chose from.

Thanks for your input Cliff, just curious as to which ones worked, I'm not going to trail mine, just want to stop the leaks I see there are a bunch out there, I'll try one.

Comment

• Tripwire
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Jul 30, 2000

I put a deeper pan on and it works great except bolt access is now difficult, i drilled some holes in the cross member the get to the bolts
        Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Any pan for a TF727 will work. Im going with the Summit steel deep pan for
          Free Shipping - Spectre Performance Automatic Transmission Pans with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Automatic Transmission Pans at Summit Racing.

Comment

Working...
          X