• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

New MUST watch video, FSJ Dirt Everyday Extra

Just watched this. Thank you, Fred, for making our rigs more valuable.

Like Jeeps? So do Fred Williams and Dave Chappelle, and on this episode of Dirt Every Day Extra they’re breaking down a few full sized Jeeps to point out som...

Not sure I buy the Wagoneer/Cherokee thing was Jeep/AMC built. Who wants to correct me?
    Last edited by rang-a-stang; 12-24-2017, 11:28 AM.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee
  • ZackN920
    350 Buick
    • Nov 18, 2015

Well, AMC owned Jeep from like 70?-87'. So yea, all FSJ Cherokee's under AMC, and Wagoneer's under Kaiser, AMC, and Chrysler.

It'd be nice if these would quit climbing in value, at least until I get a solid one. Heck, people around here even think the FS Cherokees are gold. Got one that's been on CL for several months, it's been in storage for 20+ years. Yea, it's nice but everything needs going through to be able to use it, but they still wont budge from 12.5K
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
    Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
    ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• yossarian19
      258 I6
      • Nov 13, 2016

I bought mine for $1200, under 2,000 into it. Of course it needs head gaskets, headliner, carpet, gauges, dents pulled, paint....
      Ehh. I might come out ahead some day but I'm not counting on it.

Comment

• will e
        Always Broke
        • Nov 16, 2001

It would be nice if they did a bit of research before making a video. v6 dauntless in the early cherokee chiefs? Grand wagoneers from the late 70's early 80's? Cherokee more nimble? THe wagoneer was the body style before the grand wagoneer. You could get a straight 6 later on.
        82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• MoreCars
          230 Tornado
          • Jan 11, 2011

Where is this yard? It is obviously SoCal.

I have been trying to find a solid Cherokee Chief to build but I am finding nothing but rotboxes on my side of the country.

Comment

• Zorm
            304 AMC
            • Apr 08, 1997

someone needs to go get that longer Wagchief thingy
            83 Cherokee 4dr WT(axles) 4" lift, 351w, nv3550, NP208, installing soon

65 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 4 speed, 140 quad carb engine

71 F-250 Camper Special (in rewire stage)

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
              Administrator
              • Oct 31, 2016

Originally posted by MoreCars

I have been trying to find a solid Cherokee Chief to build but I am finding nothing but rotboxes on my side of the country.
              Fred Williams lives/films in San Louis Obispo. It looks more like Mojave to me, or out toward Tehachape. I really want that Cherokee Chief emblem. Mine are missing.
              Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
              (Cherokee Build Thread)
              00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Cherokeeowner
                258 I6
                • Jul 25, 2010

Those fullsize jeep thingies are over rated. bad on gas, hard to get parts for, usually rusty as heck and hard to work on. Invest your money in something nice like say a Prius. Leave those Jeep things alone, they're for a special breed of person.
                Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

"Proud to be prissy."

1988 Grand Wagoneer

1986 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                  Administrator
                  • Oct 31, 2016

OK, so the new Dirt Everyday video posted today. He was at SGT Jeep yard in Rosamond CA.

Here's the video:
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I could only find a facebook page for SGT Jeep:
                  SgtJeep, Rosamond, California. 7,665 likes · 27 talking about this · 79 were here. SgtJeep is a small Jeep parts business with a large business inventory. We offer both new and used

And this page:

I'm going to hit him up and see what his rules are for self service...
                  Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                  (Cherokee Build Thread)
                  00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• sgtswole
                    258 I6
                    • Sep 18, 2005

Hey all I've not been on here much more so on FB. I've been a member of this site for some years. I am the owner of SgtJeep and the "Wagonsuperchief". Feel free to contact me through my Facebook page and come swing out and look around. I have about 12 Fish's at the moment. Thanx Tommy
                    Go Big Or Go Home
                    79 YJ-5 YJ front clip 401 T18/D300 44 front locked 60 rear locked 38.5 TSL/SX
                    90 YJ 5.2 Magnum AX-15/231SYE D30 locked/4.56 D44 locked/4.56 36 TSL/SX
                    69 Jeepster LS6 450hp 4L65E in work D27 locked/4.56 D44 locked/4.56
                    79 Cherokee Chief "Stretched" 360 Quad 44F 60R (For Sale)

Comment

• deckroid
                      232 I6
                      • Oct 05, 2016

There's a new one where they are in Alabama and Fred is talking about a nice looking FSJ and how the price on these keep going up.

Comment

• PlasticBoob
                        All Makes Combined
                        • Jun 30, 2003

Originally posted by MoreCars

This is probably why a lot of people on these forums seem to think that any FSJ anywhere that isn't completely preserved or a complete restoration is worth scrap + $500.

Most of the guys who modded, hacked, and beat theirs up back in the day (and who called the rest of us names I can't repeat here) are long gone; some are still looking for another one to destroy, and some have finally come around to "my" side.

I've been keeping an eye on NADA Classic values for MY rig for the past two years, and it has shot up in value and keeps doing so every few months.

Found it in the Recycler and paid $1,100 for it.

Looking back, I'm glad I didn't let my 19-year-old self go with the "cool" MAACO paintjob I wanted to give it.

Rob
                        1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
                        Click for video

Comment

• PlasticBoob
                          All Makes Combined
                          • Jun 30, 2003

First-gen Blazers, early Broncos, Land Cruisers, Land Rovers, and even Scouts (to a lesser degree) have been worth a lot for a couple of decades now - it's about time FSJs caught up.
                          Rob
                          1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
                          Click for video

Comment

Working...
                          X