• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yogi Bear
    230 Tornado
    • Mar 25, 2006

chromed window frames on US FSJ's

I see so many pictures of US FSJ's with chromed door/window frames. I love the look it gives any FSJ. I notice that even many US J trucks had them as far as I can see.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me whether the chrome is an aplique as per the windshield or not? Or are the door/window frames chromed itself?

Its a great look but as far as I can see no FSJ's had this chrome window detail in Australia. I would love to get the chromed window frames onto my 80 cherokee S if could somehow.

Has anybody ever retro fittied the chrome ont their own painted window frames?

Cheers,
    Yogi.
    1 x well worn 80 Cherokee S 5 door - 360V8, TH400, QTRACwLR, D44\'s F+R, White with very seventies sky blue interior.<br />Goes quick downhill!!! <br />All original cruising king.
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

They are trim pieces, can be removed/re-used if carefull.

You could add the trim to your Cherokee w/o too much trouble.
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• Yogi Bear
      230 Tornado
      • Mar 25, 2006

Toni

You wouldn't know where I could buy them on the aftermarket would you?

Cheers, Yogi.
      1 x well worn 80 Cherokee S 5 door - 360V8, TH400, QTRACwLR, D44\'s F+R, White with very seventies sky blue interior.<br />Goes quick downhill!!! <br />All original cruising king.

Comment

• babywag
        out of order
        • Jun 08, 2005

Never seen them aftermarket....

They're pretty tough, used is probably your only option??
        Any competent bodyshop can bang any dents out of them, install them for you.
        You could get them rechromed too if you wanted them to really shine.
        Tony
        88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• KaiserMan
          I got the Willys....
          • Jun 21, 2005

They aren't chrome, actually. They are stainless steel. A good buffing and they will shine like new. The door trim is the same on all Gladiator/J-Truck or Cherokee/Wagoneers. The stainless trim on the vent window frame is not removable, so you would have to replace the entire assembly.

[ March 28, 2006, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: KaiserMan ]
          Thomas Russell
          1987 Cherokee Laredo 2-Door 4.0/AW4
          1971 Gladiator
          J2000 Platform-Stake Dump 350/T18

1970 Gladiator J3000 3407Z Camper Truck 350/T18
          1968 Wagoneer Custom 327/TH400

Comment

• canders7
            258 I6
            • Jan 01, 2006

How bad is shipping to Austalia? I have never dealt with international shipping before. I have a set of them on my Wagoneer that I would be willing to sell.

Yogi, shoot me an email and we can talk. I will need to get some pics for you etc.
            Millie - 1980 Cherokee Chief W/T 360/727/219/44/20

Comment

• Yogi Bear
              230 Tornado
              • Mar 25, 2006

Guys,

Cheers for all the feedback! I appreciate it. Canders, I'll shoot you that mail all right.

Thomas,

I've got a set of spare corner windows from another rig thankfully. So no probs there. The ones on on my cherokee are actualy ok I think. They don't stay open at highway speeds however. I guess probably new rubbers would fix that.

Thanks again to all for all the feedback.

Yogi.

Comment

• jc turtle
                258 I6
                • Dec 05, 2002

Yogi, There is a spring and nut on the bottom pivot on the vent assy that you could tighten a bit to make the windows stay open at speed. Hope this helps, John

Comment

• Yogi Bear
                  230 Tornado
                  • Mar 25, 2006

Thanks for the tip John. I'll have a look.

Yogi.

Comment

Working...
                  X