• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GWJeeper
    232 I6
    • Mar 28, 2019

Brake Light Pedal Warning Switch vs Brake Light Switch

We've been enjoying our 91 as a daily driver with no further drama after the last and apparently successful cleaning and adjusting the stock carb. I have noticed that from time to time the brake lights stay on after we park and in checking this out found what appears to be two identical brake light switches. I think that they can be adjusted by screwing them in and out of the bracket they are mounted in but I can't think of any reason for there to be two of them. From what I can see the lower one turns on the brake lights when the pedal is depressed and the upper one turns it off when the pedal returns to it's resting position?? Also in checking parts sources I find it listed as Brake Light Pedal Warning Switch...what is its function?
    I've wired and messed with cars for years but never came across two switches (if that's what I'm actually seeing). Thankfully I can simply hook my foot behind the pedal and lift it very slightly to turn the lights off but training my wife to do this is an uphill battle
    '91 GW
    2000 TJ
    '41 Ford Real honest to gosh woodie
  • wiley-moeracing
    350 Buick
    • Feb 15, 2010

One is for cruise control.

Comment

• GWJeeper
      232 I6
      • Mar 28, 2019

Strange deal, the wiring on my '41 Ford disengages the Cruise Control when the brakes are applied and just uses one switch to do both functions. I guess I don't get the reason for calling it a pedal warning switch...what is it warning of?

By chance do you know which switch is which, top or bottom is the stop light switch?
      '91 GW
      2000 TJ
      '41 Ford Real honest to gosh woodie

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
        350 Buick
        • Feb 15, 2010

not off hand but a little searching should work.

Comment

Working...
        X