• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Holland Waggy
    230 Tornado
    • Apr 13, 2018

A Dutch Wagoneer

Well, hello there! My name is Gilbert and I’m from the Netherlands. After a long search I finally fell for a ‘78 Wagoneer which stood neglected at some farm. A little rusty on the outside but totally original on the inside! Upholstery and dash looked great, besides the floormats through which you could see the ground the car was standing on ;-) . It drove pretty much OK, a little slack when shifting from D to R, but nothing an oil- and filter change wouldn’t fix… Right! I knew I was buying a Wagoneer with QT but I never really looked deep into this matter of delicate TC's. Untill now at least. Last weekend I pulled the QT fom under the vehicle and split the two halves. Chain was stretched to the max resulting in a busted sungear- and shaft assembly. While the QT was out, I’ve decided to pull the tranny as well and have it rebuild while I have the chance. It shifted ok, but was leaking oil like hell on the input shaft.

So, kind of a rough start but still having fun!
    Last edited by Holland Waggy; 04-25-2018, 02:20 AM.
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Welcome to the forum and we're glad you're here! Does sound like a rough start but that's why we love these rigs. They are so fun to tinker on and drive! sounds like a good starting point. Post up some pics (we all love pics). what are your plans for it?
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Tripwire
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 30, 2000

welcome!!!!!!
      Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• Be from Be
        232 I6
        • Jan 27, 2017

a welcome from Belgium!
        1978 Cherokee Chief
        360 V8 Automatic
        Quadra Trac w/ Mile Marker conversion
        4" Skyjacker

Comment

• thumperjohn151
          230 Tornado
          • Apr 27, 2018

Velkominn from the Great N.W. (Bremerton, WA)
          87' "SCHOONER WAGON"
          And a bunch of classics too numerous to list...
          I just want to roam. . .

Comment

Working...
          X