X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillips889
    232 I6
    • Apr 27, 2010

I will try to upload a video I'm having some issues with my phone doing that. As for the heater I am getting a underdash unit from jc Whitney. It's called a danhard unit has everything and is compact, runs about 300 with the controls. Here's some motor pics for your viewing pleasure.

1981 j10 cummins diesel Daily driver UP AND RUNNING!
    1979 J20 PARTING OUT SEE PARTS FORUM
    1979 Cherokee widetrack up on blocks.

Comment

• Phillips889
      232 I6
      • Apr 27, 2010

Did my fuel mileage today in the most accurate way I could. Filled up at a fuel station near work and used my gps for my mile gauge. I drove to the station near my house which was 48.8 miles. Topped off the tank with 2 clicks like before I left the other. I drove all highway and didn't go over 60. I only used 1.6 gallons. That's 30 mpg!!! I couldn't believe it. Flogging it at 85 to 90 I'm still getting 24. Not making this up.

Comment

• seamus
        327 Rambler
        • Oct 08, 2003

That's awesome, I can't wait!
        1980 Cherokee WT with Cummins 6BT

Comment

• Phillips889
          232 I6
          • Apr 27, 2010

Did some mods to help I bumped my timing up a 1/8 inch rotated no fuel pin and turned up my fuel screw a lot by removing the collar. You lose bottom end with the timing but it goes wild in the upper end. Plus it sprays fuel earlier giving better combustion. Also the overdrive on the nv4500 and 410s with 36s help keep a good rpm. Im also running a jeep frame probably a lot lighter than the dodge but I don't think that should effect mileage to much with a diesel.

Comment

• jeepmj_tj
            232 I6
            • Aug 09, 2006

not sure what fuel fill hoses your truck has, but on mine depending on how fast certain pumps are the fuel foams up and its hard to top off the tank the same amount everytime and its very sensitive on how level the truck is sitting front to back. I have the stock 79 style tank and hoses.

That great if you are getting that!!!
            01 TJ-Trail rig
            91 MJ-Play toy and work horse

79 J20 Tow Rig- Cummins 6 cyl, DD since 07

Comment

• seamus
              327 Rambler
              • Oct 08, 2003

I suspect the weight of the frame will not make much difference, my final drive ratio is likely higher than yours. This will be interesting!

Comment

• Phillips889
                232 I6
                • Apr 27, 2010

Originally posted by jeepmj_tj
                not sure what fuel fill hoses your truck has, but on mine depending on how fast certain pumps are the fuel foams up and its hard to top off the tank the same amount everytime and its very sensitive on how level the truck is sitting front to back. I have the stock 79 style tank and hoses.

That great if you are getting that!!!
                I got the same issue but I know its full cause the vent hose will dribble diesel on the ground haha.

Comment

• MamaEspinoza
                  230 Tornado
                  • Mar 03, 2011

Originally posted by Phillips889
                  Did my fuel mileage today in the most accurate way I could. Filled up at a fuel station near work and used my gps for my mile gauge. I drove to the station near my house which was 48.8 miles. Topped off the tank with 2 clicks like before I left the other. I drove all highway and didn't go over 60. I only used 1.6 gallons. That's 30 mpg!!! I couldn't believe it. Flogging it at 85 to 90 I'm still getting 24. Not making this up.
                  Little OCD? Sweet MPG! You should know I'm using your data to make a case to my wife for a swap.
                  1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, New AMC 360 (ATK Reman), WARN towing winch, Dozer 2 bumpers, Enkie aluminum wheels, 33" Nitto Terra Grapplers, side-venting exhaust.

Comment

• seamus
                    327 Rambler
                    • Oct 08, 2003

Just do it!

Comment

• loosewrenchcowboy
                      232 I6
                      • Oct 08, 2008

to get a more accurate reading you should refill at the same pump, and the jeep facing the same direction. I've noticed the difference at the local station by using a different pump when filling gas cans-how dirty the pump filter is affects the velocity of the fuel coming out. also, the pavement has a slope to it, using the same pump and nozzle(pump #8) i can get a gallon difference in my XJ by parking on west side of the pump instead of the east side. Not disputing the results, just sayin using different pumps adds several variables

Comment

• Phillips889
                        232 I6
                        • Apr 27, 2010

All good points I think the only accurate way would be to use a fuel cell but regardless she's getting some very decent mileage

Comment

• KyooMac
                          258 I6
                          • Oct 26, 2006

Originally posted by loosewrenchcowboy
                          to get a more accurate reading you should refill at the same pump, and the jeep facing the same direction. I've noticed the difference at the local station by using a different pump when filling gas cans-how dirty the pump filter is affects the velocity of the fuel coming out. also, the pavement has a slope to it, using the same pump and nozzle(pump #8) i can get a gallon difference in my XJ by parking on west side of the pump instead of the east side. Not disputing the results, just sayin using different pumps adds several variables
                          If you are getting that much of a different result from different pumps you need to contact the your states Division of Standards, because you're getting ripped off.

Comment

• Phillips889
                            232 I6
                            • Apr 27, 2010

Motor boating sob

Comment

• jeepjseries
                              350 Buick
                              • May 30, 2009

Awesome picture!
                              -2000 Volkswagen Jetta diesel
                              -1976 Wagoneer 401/Turbo 400/QT with 4 low/Dana 44s

Comment

• dukeraul84
                                230 Tornado
                                • Apr 01, 2011

Thinking of doing this with a waggy, I have a 98 12ver, dana60 hp kingpin front, zf6/np271 tranny tcase combo.

So I will need an intercooler, and a tranny cooler. All the 6bt's I've seen in waggy's are non-intercooled... so anybody tackled that?

Comment

Working...
                                X