• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warmblood58
    232 I6
    • Jul 27, 2022

Uploading pics to this site???!!!

Arghhhhh! What is the easiest way to upload pics on this site? File size keeps showing too large even thought its under 40KB -Tips? Thanks
    James

'88 GW Sterling Silver Metallic
    Previously 1987 GW
  • 78 WIDETRAC
    350 Buick
    • Aug 19, 2003

I use imgbb to host. I share my pics by clicking the photo's BBCode medium linked copy box and paste them here on this site.

Comment

• MysticRob
      350 Buick
      • Nov 26, 2019

I've noticed some threads come up about people having problems posting photo's to the site here. I have always found it pretty easy, but I figure I can show others (with pictures;) )how I do it, and maybe we can get some more pics of some kick ass Jeeps here! Generally, this process should work the same way from other 3rd party

This is also a sticky at the top of the general chit-chat forum. No idea if it's still relevant but try it out.
      --Rob--
      1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
      https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
      https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

• warmblood58
        232 I6
        • Jul 27, 2022

Originally posted by 78 WIDETRAC
        I use imgbb to host. I share my pics by clicking the photo's BBCode medium linked copy box and paste them here on this site.

Worked easily, thank you again WIDETRAC., I always appreciate your help!
        James

Previously 1987 GW

Comment

• warmblood58
          232 I6
          • Jul 27, 2022

Originally posted by MysticRob
          https://ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=185569

This is also a sticky at the top of the general chit-chat forum. No idea if it's still relevant but try it out.
          Thanks Mystic Rob!
          James

Previously 1987 GW

Comment

• tgreese
            • May 29, 2003

Originally posted by warmblood58
            Arghhhhh! What is the easiest way to upload pics on this site? File size keeps showing too large even thought its under 40KB -Tips? Thanks
            The site will not host your pics. Apparently the ancient forum software does not have an option for "no imbedding" so the owner set the allowed file size to tiny. It's a feature.

Store your pics off-site and hot link, as you found. These is still a maximum file size for hot linked files, IIRC. You may need to resize to 640x480 or 800x600, typically much smaller than your phone's or camera's default.
            Tim Reese
            Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
            Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
            Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
            GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
            ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• warmblood58
              232 I6
              • Jul 27, 2022

Originally posted by tgreese
              The site will not host your pics. Apparently the ancient forum software does not have an option for "no imbedding" so the owner set the allowed file size to tiny. It's a feature.

Store your pics off-site and hot link, as you found. These is still a maximum file size for hot linked files, IIRC. You may need to resize to 640x480 or 800x600, typically much smaller than your phone's or camera's default.
              Thank you sir!
              James

Previously 1987 GW

Comment

Working...
              X