• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tigger4X
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Nov 16, 2001

NEED HELP : U.S. GEAR Dual Range Over/Underdrive - Parts / Sources

Present situation : 1979 J20 w/Cummins T18 Dana20 with divorced Over/Under

Right now the truck tops out at 55mph so I'm assuming it is in the Off or Underdrive setting. I did not find the switch on the stick and after crawling underneath I found that the wiring harness is not hooked up to anything. After downloading the US Gear PDF I found out what the Control Module looks like and will go back and take another look to see if/where it is.

I tried searching forums and googled like a madman, but haven't found a source for any replacement parts. I'd imagine the selector switch would be something that could be cross referenced, but haven't found one yet much less the Control Module. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Originally posted by will e
    Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
    Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206
  • chubbinius
    258 I6
    • Oct 31, 2018

I can't offer any advice on module location or part number, sorry.

Maybe give US Gear a call, they might be able to help you or point you to the part# if they can't sell you it outright (US Gear Manufacturing, 1-888-725-9355), hopefully they can save you some time and searching.
    1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
    -Dauntless 350 V8
    -D27 front/D44 rear
    2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• Tigger4X
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Nov 16, 2001

Originally posted by chubbinius
      I can't offer any advice on module location or part number, sorry.

Maybe give US Gear a call, they might be able to help you or point you to the part# if they can't sell you it outright (US Gear Manufacturing, 1-888-725-9355), hopefully they can save you some time and searching.
      If only it had been that easy. US Gear no longer offers support or anything else when it comes to these units. They only deal in ring and pinion, etc.

Comment

• chubbinius
        258 I6
        • Oct 31, 2018

Crud, sorry. That stinks, was hoping they'd be able to give you some help on it.
        1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
        -Dauntless 350 V8
        -D27 front/D44 rear
        2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• Tigger4X
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Nov 16, 2001

You and me both!

Comment

Probably the same switch I had in my ‘61 Fargo W700 Ex-Military house moving truck or the ‘71 IHC 1800 5 ton. It was taped to the shifter stalk but they had a fancier one to a Hurst type shift knob.
            Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• Tigger4X
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Nov 16, 2001

[QUOTE=Carnuck]Probably the same switch I had in my

Comment

Quote mark bug bit you. If you still have that page, back up one step and what you typed may still be there.
                Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• Tigger4X
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Nov 16, 2001

Dagnabbit!! This happened a week ago in another post. I had to abandon it for a day and try again. Anyway, I'll just post direct here.

Im not sure if it would be same or similar. I have been digging around and was told a 3 position switch with momentary up and down would work, but without the control module it may take some doing. The back of the case has some connections that are supposed to power lights on the module in cab to let you know you're engaged or not. Plenty of stuff over my head to figure out.

Comment

Working...
                  X