• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwood65
    258 I6
    • Jul 17, 2017

Newest doom or not?

So what are your opinions on this newest flu strain?

Something to rival or beat the Spanish flu of 1812 and kill 50-100 million people.

- Or -

Just another weird Flu strain coming out of China that is WAY over-hyped in the media?

I believe I don't know what to believe and find so much conflicting evidence.

Looks more and more like our May Cruise is either going to be maybe cancelled OR should be by us.......

It figures the first time in our life something good comes our way will probably be shot down by a virus.
  • Crankyolman
    350 Buick
    • Sep 27, 2017

Someone started a thread about the virus here
    So what are your opinions on this newest flu strain? Something to rival or beat the Spanish flu of 1812 and kill 50-100 million people. - Or - Just another weird Flu strain coming out of China that is WAY over-hyped in the media? I believe I don't know what to believe and find so much conflicting evidence. Looks

It sucks about the cruise but really the way I look at it is your health is more important. I'm pretty sure I had it in January. Even though mine was fairly mild I'm still not fully recovered. So I recommend to do what you can to avoid it and if you can postpone the cruise.
    '72 J4500

Comment

• chubbinius
      258 I6
      • Oct 31, 2018

Is it too late to purchase some travel/trip insurance?

It usually will cover issues with cancelled/medical/changed trips and help to eliminate the costs or significantly lower the losses if you have issues with a trip.

You may have to check with several brokers as some limit how long after you purchased the trip that you can add insurance. I didn't have to use ours for a big family trip, but found it was great to know we were covered if anything happened.
      1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
      -Dauntless 350 V8
      -D27 front/D44 rear
      2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• mwood65
        258 I6
        • Jul 17, 2017

Originally posted by Crankyolman
        Someone started a thread about the virus here
        So what are your opinions on this newest flu strain? Something to rival or beat the Spanish flu of 1812 and kill 50-100 million people. - Or - Just another weird Flu strain coming out of China that is WAY over-hyped in the media? I believe I don't know what to believe and find so much conflicting evidence. Looks

It sucks about the cruise but really the way I look at it is your health is more important. I'm pretty sure I had it in January. Even though mine was fairly mild I'm still not fully recovered. So I recommend to do what you can to avoid it and if you can postpone the cruise.

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread.

Comment

• mattmopar440
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • May 17, 2007

I work at a hospital and all I can tell you is this year flu season pushed our ER to OVERFLOWING. We had people in the hallways on cots in ER waiting to see a doctor. If this Virus is 10X worse than the flu season we just had no joke you might as well stay home and Die because you will not be able to get into your local hospital anyway
          87' Grand Wagoneer
          401/727/229, Currently:RUNNING
          84 J10/20 hybrid 258/727/208 Daily Driver
          80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
          74' J10 Go Grabber Green Sold
          Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
          Inferior Chevy

Comment

• mwood65
            258 I6
            • Jul 17, 2017

Sorry I didn't see the other post on the same subject,

MODS please delete this post if ya want......

Comment

• pyro
              258 I6
              • Sep 15, 2012

People are freaking out due to large scale events and big forums being canceled, but it is just government bodies trying to mitigate the number of cases at one time. The real concern is what the official mortality rate will end up being. It's not looking good for older folks thus far.
              '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
              '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

FSJNetwork Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

Comment

Working...
              X