X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thechier86
    327 Rambler
    • Mar 16, 2009

Mark, I really appreciate advice from you, since you have already been down this path.
    The thing keeping me from the turbo setup at the moment is time. I have 3 weeks off of
    school before I go back full time, and I am afraid that if I don't make hay while the sun is shining, this jeep will sit for another 3 months until I get another break.
    At least running without the turbo is still running, and I can drive it. Finishing a degree while
    working 14-24 hour shifts puts a lot of projects on the back burner.
    I'll get around to the turbo, as well as an overdrive transmission in August or possibly as late as January. I'm also in the process of patching holes in my xj, so I have to get one of them back together so I don't have to commute in my TJ or on my motorcycle even in the rain.
    buckle up, i wanna try somethin...

Comment

• thechier86
      327 Rambler
      • Mar 16, 2009

Can someone please get me a picture of an engine bay side bulkhead connector for a grand waggy, that shows where each wire goes?
      I sold the original motor with the wiring harness and everything, and now i realize that I needed a bulkhead connector. One for an xj plugs in, but I need to see a waggy one to know where to put the wores. Thanks!

Comment

• thechier86
        327 Rambler
        • Mar 16, 2009

Sorry it's been a while, and photobucket raped my photos, but this build has been running great for a couple of years now, daily driven, and has been driven to Moab from Middle TN, and wheeled all over. It's still not turbo'd, but Jacob has all the parts laying around for when he decides to mess with it.
        I've been wheeling a 1980 hilux with a fuel injected Ferd 302 and 35's lately, but may start another FSJ expedition rig soon.

Comment

• Mikel
          • Aug 09, 2000

That's great. How does it drive compared to the old drivetrain? MPG?
          1969 M715 6x6
          1963 J300 Swivel frame

Comment

• thechier86
            327 Rambler
            • Mar 16, 2009

It's a little slower than it was with a 360 and a 4bbl carb, but can cruise at 75 all day, and if we keep it around 65 or 70, we've seen an average of 26mpg on highway road trips.
            It's actually very economical. Revs are a tad high above 70 anyway, so we try to adhere to that as a max cruising speed.
            It has 4.10 gears and 35's now.

Comment

• Mikel
              • Aug 09, 2000

Originally posted by thechier86
              It's a little slower than it was with a 360 and a 4bbl carb, but can cruise at 75 all day, and if we keep it around 65 or 70, we've seen an average of 26mpg on highway road trips.
              It's actually very economical. Revs are a tad high above 70 anyway, so we try to adhere to that as a max cruising speed.
              It has 4.10 gears and 35's now.
              That's fantastic. The best I had with my 4BT was 25.2 in one tank.
              1969 M715 6x6
              1963 J300 Swivel frame

Comment

• thechier86
                327 Rambler
                • Mar 16, 2009

Well, unfortunately, my diesel waggy is on the chopping block once again.
                It turns out that Jacob has too many vehicles, and hasn't been driving the waggy much in the last few months, because he bought a Ford Raptor.
                He's asking 10 grand, so it probably won't sell quick, since the wood grain has faded and it isn't as pretty as it once was.
                Either way, it's on Nashville Craigslist under 1988 Grand Wagoneer.
                Check it out if you'd like to see pictures.

Comment

Working...
                X