Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Got this from a buddy

I liked it. Thought others might, too.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Oh, that's hilarious. I hope it offends everyone!

aa
    1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

• deckside
      258 I6
      • May 02, 2015

My Grandfather always told us we were part Indian being descended from the BlackFoot Nation. I've done two DNA tests and spend a good bit of time on Ancestry.com . Turns out he was flat wrong but it was family lore and he along with us believed it. I can see how someone could believe they were descended from Indians if that was indeed what the family believed and am puzzled why it would open up someone to ridicule.
      1980 Wagoneer Limited "Prissyish" Sold
      1972 Wagoneer Butter Scotch Gold restoring

Comment

• 8man
        304 AMC
        • Jan 04, 2011

My family has Indian heritage as well. My great grandmother, whom I knew was 1/2 Indian. She looked like an Indian head nickel in profile.

We have all taken the Ancestry.com tests and no Indian showed up.
        Interesting, so we asked Ancestry why and they said "we don't have enough samples for a statistical match". So don't rule it out.

As for the "ridicule", she's a politician and subject to it.
        79 Cherokee S (current project)
        82 Cherokee (parts for the 79)

Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• rang-a-stang
          Administrator
          • Oct 31, 2016

I look at it this way: if she took a test and it said she was part Cherokee, she wins and all the people nagging at her look dumb. If she takes a test and it says she is not part Cherokee, she says "my family said I was part Cherokee and there was never anything to say otherwise so I went with it." and it all goes away. But she won't take a test which, in my opinion means she either knows she is probably not part Cherokee and doesn't want to get caught in an "alternative fact" or she did take a covert DNA test and it showed she was not part Cherokee but does not want others to know.

I think it makes absolutely ZERO difference whether she has any Cherokee blood in her AT ALL. In my opinion if your parents are both born and raised in Murica and you are born and raised in Murica, you're full blooded Murican and everything else is subjective fluff. She's a Murican not a Cherokee.
          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
          (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
          (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
          79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
          (Cherokee Build Thread)
          11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
          09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

As someone that studied biochemistry pretty extensively, the DNA tests being sold online are a joke. Like 8man mentioned, DNA tests require something to compare to. You can decode a genome if you like, but that's not going to tell you squat unless you have a pattern to compare it against. You think Ancestry.com has gone back in time and collected samples from "pure" peoples of all varieties? hahaha

I'm with rang-a-stang. I live here, I was born here, my family shares that. Why do I need more?

On a side note, I do not keep up with politics, I had no idea who Elizabeth Warren was until about 2 minutes ago. I just thought the comparison was funny and knew it would offend people.

aa
            1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Comment

• deckside
              258 I6
              • May 02, 2015

Originally posted by 8man
              My family has Indian heritage as well. My great grandmother, whom I knew was 1/2 Indian. She looked like an Indian head nickel in profile.

We have all taken the Ancestry.com tests and no Indian showed up.
              Interesting, so we asked Ancestry why and they said "we don't have enough samples for a statistical match". So don't rule it out.

As for the "ridicule", she's a politician and subject to it.
              I took the 23 and Me test as well and they both line up fairly well. So Im pretty sure Im not as all the other percentages line up with the family tree. Much to my surprise...and my family's, I found I was .5% West African. Because it was on my mothers side there was a lot of historical data and I was able to trace it to a woman who was enslaved in South Carolina in the 1620's who had 7 children with the slave holder. When he died the children inherited his holdings. Pretty peculiar all around but well documented and fascinating to me.
              Politician or not I can empathize and am amazed people make such hay out of it.
              1980 Wagoneer Limited "Prissyish" Sold
              1972 Wagoneer Butter Scotch Gold restoring

Comment

My grandmother was full blood (her mom’s photos in full headdress are in the Oshawa historic museum and she refused to speak English) My dad passed for White most of his life.
                Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
                  350 Buick
                  • Jul 09, 2009

Thats a GREAT looking Jeep!
                  (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                    Señor Jackhead
                    • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by asphaltrockdweller
                    Thats a GREAT looking Jeep!
                    Yeah! But somebody has scalped both ends off it.
                    Flint
                    Ran when parked.
                    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

Working...
                    X