• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

WHAT THE HECK EBAY?!?!

Earlier this week, I grabbed my phone to check to see if some stuff I have listed on Fleabay is selling.
    I log on to my account and I see someone has been looking up some REALLY inappropriate stuff on my account! Not only that but it's not even fuzzied out! GROSS!!! What the heck Ebay?!? It even says I FREQUENTLY search for this garbage! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!
    As I am getting ticked off and about to delete my account, I notice the Fleabay computer is just trying to help. Apparently there are other "items" on fleabay that come up if you search for "Honcho"... (I had to edit this pictures or they would violate my own standards for posting pictures)
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee
  • Crankyolman
    350 Buick
    • Sep 27, 2017

That's funny right there Maybe you need to only search ebay motors or make sure you add Jeep to that search.
    '72 J4500

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

LOL-Priceless! Ebay is a sore spot for me. I started my FSJ LLC and relied on Ebay as my market place. During the first 3 years, they put me out of business twice with their Seller rating policies. They had a customer satisfaction rating of 1-5 with a 3 or lower being unacceptable. Being that I was selling 40 year old used parts, my customer rating wasnt what it would be if I was selling new stuff. They held sellers to a less-than 2% negative rating and you couldnt contest a low mark because it was anonymous. The first time they shut down my store, I had to get a Real Job to feed the family. I recovered from the Low Customer rating but couldnt put the time into the store due to the other Full Time job. I did open a Go Daddy site so that I wouldnt be dependent on Ebay but like I said I couldnt grow the store enough to live off of. The second time it was for the same issues but I wasnt dependent on the Store income. Then after close to 4 years of their Crap, Ebay changed their Customer Performance policies because they lost so many sellers. Fortunately for me, once I started the YouTube channel 80% of my sales have moved to my private store on GoDaddy.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

I hear you! I hate selling on eBay but for some items I am kind of stuck. Their fees are sooooo high. Especially when combined with PayPal fees. It is close to 20 percent when all is said and done.

BTW, notice some of my other browsing history on there, RL...
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
          258 I6
          • Dec 17, 2018

That is actually pretty darn funny!

I could totally see something like that happening to me, and my wife having some interesting questions!!
          Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
          Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
          PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
          "Soon" is a relative term.
          Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
            360 AMC
            • Oct 02, 2002

That's alright Rang, we love you anyways..... Totally kidding there man!.
            On a more serious note. Ebay is now useless and tanked. Craigslist is dead, Facebook market place is hopping but when I finally broke down to enlist to try and buy a J Deere cylinder head, I got blocked from market place. ???? WTH is with that? Facepoke has govt quality information on each and every one of us and I get blocked for being a new account? Plus they suggested a friends list with people that I knew and they should not know that I know them. Creeeepy. I wrote a nastygram and deleted my account. The internet has been polluted by human nature and greed.
            Well shoot, That is bad on Ebay. I was going to try and build and sell my parts I make on ebay. Now it is looking impossible. I just can't sell a firewall pad set for 500 bucks... It won't happen. I can't even search for jeep parts anymore without looking at a ford falcon tailgate. There are no real jobs around here.
            Dang me... Your thread here is alarming Rang.

Rocklaurence, thanks for posting what has worked for you. I may go that route when the time comes.
            Melford1972 says...
            I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
            -----------------------
            I make wag parts
            1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
            1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
            1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
            1968 M715 restomod
            2001 Dodge 3500
            2002 Toyota Tundra
            2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
            Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Tripwire
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Jul 30, 2000

turn on 2 step verification for your account, you can choose to have the text you a access code every time or you can opt for it remembering the code in your browser - but if you clear cookies/history you will need a new code
              Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• mwood65
                258 I6
                • Jul 17, 2017

Hey man it's 2020 now, it's ok to come out of the closet!

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                  I hear you! I hate selling on eBay but for some items I am kind of stuck. Their fees are sooooo high. Especially when combined with PayPal fees. It is close to 20 percent when all is said and done.

BTW, notice some of my other browsing history on there, RL...
                  I did--I see my shop truck on your views
                  Being a seller on Ebay was difficult. There is a small percent of shoppers that knew the policy and would threaten you with Bad Feedback if you didnt give then a partial/complete refund. It was much easier for me to Reply "What will it take to make you happy with the item and for you to provide Positive Feedback" However, now Ebay doesnt use your feedback to throttle your store but acknowledges that a seller with back feedback will get less customers--That makes sense to me and to the market place.
                  Last edited by rocklaurence; 01-17-2020, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X