• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strat-O-master
    232 I6
    • Apr 14, 2006

FSJ on pimp my ride

I was flipping through the channels tonight and saw a teaser for the new season of pimp my ride and they flashed to what looked like an 87 or newer Grand Wag. I guess I'm kinda curious as to what they will do to "pimp it" Whatever they do, I'm sure it'll be a waste of a perfectly good jeep.
    -Brent M.
    -86' Grand 360 Auto,TFI upgrade

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session. -Mark Twain (1866)
  • JeepBountyHunter
    GrimJeeperReaper
    • Jul 08, 2002

I keep wondering if that would every happen. Thought someone here won something where their cherokee was gonna get pimped up or something?
    1992 Cherokee XJ Laredo

Comment

• dngrs1
      327 Rambler
      • May 22, 2004

They are going to lower it I know it. They are going to put green and purple dingleballs in the back window. they are going to put a 1200W amp in the bed and a wetbar. Probably a turntable aslo so they can scratch. Probably put 20" wheels on it also
      '77 J-10 '79 CJ-7
      Arizona-The Rust Stops Here

Comment

• 73waggy
        232 I6
        • Feb 16, 2007

And don't forget the 5 or so video monitors.
        1973 Wagoneer ,31's, Carter offroad 650, Crane Cams Electronic Ignition conversion
        2002 TJ

Comment

• Headhoncho
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by 73waggy
          And don't forget the 5 or so video monitors.

They can build 3 tier stadium seating in the back so they can all cram in their vehicle to play video games and watch movies on a 7" screen. I love my vehicles but not that much. Whatever happened to doing things that didn't involve batteries or electricity all the time?

JR
          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
          1966 mustang fastback
          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• duracell
            258 I6
            • Dec 29, 2006

this is pimp my ride we're talking about, not about functionality. besides it's all about the "bling bling" on there

Comment

• grand_wag_85
              Murphy's Law Poster Child
              • Dec 03, 2003

I wanna see an FSJ go on overhaulin'
              You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
              '88 GW
              '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

i'd still like to see it. i don't take the show very seriously but they have done some pretty trick stuff to vehicles in the past.

Al
                79 Cherokee Chief "Kronk" - TBI350/SM465/NP205
                99 Dodge 2500 4x4 - Cummins 24v
                07 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Big turbo, 340whp

Comment

• Heep80
                  258 I6
                  • Apr 27, 2006

Originally posted by grand_wag_85
                  I wanna see an FSJ go on overhaulin'
                  FOR SURE! that would be soo sweet! FOose is the man, and i'm sure it would have a nice balance between bling/function. i'm sure a lift would go on it! maybe some thing like the bargain beater with a sweet paint scheme.

As far as pimp my ride, it will still leak oil, have stock exhaust, but i'm sure it will have audio comming out its tail gate. I think they should get some of us on that show.. haha. IFSJA could show them how its really done with a couple of redneck bumpers/backyard fabbin' going on, and of course wheelin' and dealing at the junk yards!
                  80 J-10 with 3in RC lift,1 in. shackles, buckshot M/T 33's. dual glasspack exhaust,eldobrock intake/carb/valve covers/aircleaner k&n, autometer tach, spare tire mount w/ fullsize spare,tool box, 40gal spare tank, grant steering wheel, rhino grill,DPA (Not installed Doug T's Headers, Hi lift jack, cobra cb,tie rods, & dual timing chain

Comment

One of the guys here got selected for a show, this might be it.

Ya Foosin' an FSJ would be sweet. They did a dandy job with the old Bronco that was on there last year.
                    Art
                    ASE Master Collision Tech
                    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• Zorm
                      304 AMC
                      • Apr 08, 1997

What only 7 screens , heck how about 2 huge plasmas, block off the rear and toss in one of those stupid sub woof wall things with monster huge amps.
                      Toss on some 24...no..lets make some thing new.. how bout 40" wheels!!
                      You can sit back, make your ears bleed with the music, kill your eyes with the plasma screen and drink a 40 while you cruz on your 40s
                      Toss on some loud "HEY ARE YOU SURE YOU CAN SEE ME" paint job.
                      Oh wate, make the roof stronger and make the rof like a party deck with a DJ stand and all............

No, that would ruin a FSJ ... flame me all you want, that would make any FSJ look STUPID
                      my 2 cents
                      83 Cherokee 4dr WT(axles) 4" lift, 351w, nv3550, NP208, installing soon

65 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 4 speed, 140 quad carb engine

71 F-250 Camper Special (in rewire stage)

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life.

Comment

• Ghinmi
                        Super Moderator

• Jul 02, 2004

They're already doing 40's on Buick Regals, why not 44's on a Wag?

Yep, I know my PM box is full. Email me instead.

1983 Cherokee WT - IFS, trailing arm rear, full cage, Hemi, 6 speed, turbocharged - Autocross project
                        http://ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=127321

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                          Murphy's Law Poster Child
                          • Dec 03, 2003

Is it just me or is that a 4x4?
                          You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                          '88 GW
                          '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

Originally posted by Ghinmi
                            They're already doing 40's on Buick Regals, why not 44's on a Wag?

i guess it keeps them up and out of the way when the bullets start flying during their drive-bys....

Al
                            79 Cherokee Chief "Kronk" - TBI350/SM465/NP205
                            99 Dodge 2500 4x4 - Cummins 24v
                            07 Mazdaspeed3 GT - Big turbo, 340whp

Comment

• motox-010
                              350 Buick
                              • Dec 13, 2006

I would gladly let them "pimp" my ride. I would then turn around and sell it on ebay the next day for massive amounts of cash to someone who thinks it is cool (they are out there). I would then buy a different FSJ (probally a 401 equiped rig) then take it back to WCC, have them put a nice sounding system in it. Then lift it and use it to run over anything goes into that shop and comes out lower on bigger wheels.

That show is a waste of human inteligence.

If they put anything bigger than 17s wrapped in 30s without lifting it, I say that we all petition the crap out of that show and hope to god it goes off the air. The most idiotic thing they have done so far is putting monitors in mud flap and a snowboard.
                              -->Sawyer

-> '00 Splaturn LS2

Comment

Working...
                              X