• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShagWagon
    350 Buick
    • Apr 10, 2016

Fitech installed

87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs
  • Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
    Cherokee Outlaw
    • Jan 10, 2006

Soooooooo how does it run?!
    -Jonny B.
    1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
    AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
    NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
    F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
    R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
    1979 Wagoneer - Sold
    1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• ShagWagon
      350 Buick
      • Apr 10, 2016

It's on basic setup for now. With just its own learning by 02sensor.

Cold start. Turn key on wait ten seconds for fuel pressure to build. Crank 2 seconds and starts right up and runs for 2 seconds then dies. Start again and it fire right up and runs. Idles higher till it warms up, then drops down to 805 or so.

Warm start. Fires right up and dies sometimes. Starts and runs second start every time.

Drives no problems. No hesitation when WOT.

This is just by telling it I have a v8 360ci. Setting the ISC screw And having it self learn by 02sniffing. Takes about a week or so to get it right because it's a small adjustment everyday on cold start to zero it in. There no preset parameters that I know of.

All these I tuned out and had it starting nearly perfectly for a week or so then I decided to replace timing gears,chains,water pump,alternator etc. and had to learn to timing because I pulled out my distributor. So I have to start over on my fine tuning but now I have all timing base right and can do it correctly.

Next I'll adjust for cold and hot start which is to adjust on handheld by slight increments one way or the other and driving it to see if it helps. Then adjust more or the other way till its corrected. I'm still,trying to figure out if it's lean or rich and the new terms and acronyms as is all new to me. Then I'll work on power and efficiency with the handheld.

I have some parameters to go by that ill work on. Fitech doesn't provide a can tune for AMC360 but I'll figure it out.
      87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• yossarian19
        258 I6
        • Nov 13, 2016

Well, keep us updated. Somebody had to be first and since I'm waiting on money for rebuilding the 401, it darn sure wasn't going to be me

Comment

• Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
          Cherokee Outlaw
          • Jan 10, 2006

I thought the FiTech was all self learning without the need for operator inputs/tuning?
          -Jonny B.
          1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
          7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
          AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
          NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
          F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
          R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Wagoneer - Sold
          1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

• cosworth
            232 I6
            • Feb 07, 2017

I actually just installed one of these systems in a Mustang with a 347. It takes quite a bit of user setup such as AFR's, Accel, and WOT fueling changes. I'm at the point now I,m comfortable driving it for some distance but the engine is still down on power. All I can say is have patients, and make sure the IAC counts are set as prescribed in park.

I did get a very useful instruction guide. Which is way better than the one provided with the kit. I'd post a copy here but its too long. If you'd like me to send it to you PM me. Its worth a read...

Comment

• babywag
              out of order
              • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
              I thought the FiTech was all self learning without the need for operator inputs/tuning?
              Tony
              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• yossarian19
                258 I6
                • Nov 13, 2016

Well, damn - if it isn't a bolt on and walk away sort of deal, I might be leaning back toward megasquirt.

Comment

• ShagWagon
                  350 Buick
                  • Apr 10, 2016

I'd say it's a bolt on self learner. I've been running it for about two weeks solid to and from work and running errands with no problems.

Setting initial IAC is starting it and turning the idle screw one way or the other to get it between 3-10 when it's warmed up. Pretty simple to look at handheld screen and turn the screw 1/4 till it's where you want it.

After that it runs itself. I adjusted the cold start 2 times because it took two tries and now it starts and runs every morning first time now in about 3 seconds. Warm starts every time. Just have to turn on key and let the fuel system pressure up for like 7 seconds before you crank.

I haven't messed with it to fine tune because I've had other things to do and have been busy to fine tune it. Had to change the radiator on my sons 96mcherokee and wires, cap,rotor, pcv valve, vacuum lines this weekend.

My accel, AFR, and WOT settings are fine automatic set and haven't needed any adjustment to make it run acceptable. No hesitations and acceleration is fine. I'm actually passing people in the passing lanes with NP.

It runs good out the gate. You just may want to fine tune it for maximum performance and efficiency.

Which I'm pretty excited about because that means it should be that much better and I look forward to it. Just need to read up how some because I'm an intermediate driveway mechanic with an iPad.

I'm diggin it!

Comment

• Abunchahicks
                    230 Tornado
                    • Dec 01, 2016

Shag, what camshaft setting did you use? I'm in the middle of my install now, just trying to button up the fuel system and the small things.

Comment

• ShagWagon
                      350 Buick
                      • Apr 10, 2016

Originally posted by Abunchahicks
                      Shag, what camshaft setting did you use? I'm in the middle of my install now, just trying to button up the fuel system and the small things.
                      Two for stock iirc.

Whatever it said to set stock cam to.

Comment

• ShagWagon
                        350 Buick
                        • Apr 10, 2016

Comment

Working...
                        X