• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GWNashville
    232 I6
    • Dec 28, 2016

Cruise Ship

Congrats to your wife , I admire the hard work it takes to be the best. Be glad they are postponing the cruise. My wife is a nurse and this virus is no joke. I suspect your up in age as I am so we need to be especially careful. Jamaica will still be there in August. I have been on several cruises and have enjoyed them all. Great advice from everyone. Hope you and your wife have a blast.
    Richard
    GWNashville
    Email:[email protected]
    1989 Grand Wagoneer 360 c.i.
    727 Transmission
    Sniper EFI Hyperspark
    Serehill Rear Glass and Fog Light Harness.

Comment

• joe
      • Apr 28, 2000

Originally posted by mwood65
      Well, the cruise has been cancelled. Carnival Cruise lines have suspended all cruises so I guess we won't be going. :banghead
      We can go in August they say, I guess is where it is at this point?
      I don't do so well in the heat because of my medications so I don't know if we will go at all.

I personally am not sure this will all blow over in 6 months, we shall see.
      Sorry ya can't go but really it's prolly for the best. If you/your meds can't deal with the heat maybe you can get her prize cruise relocated to a different cruiseline?
      Been on my wish list awhile.. is a Russian icebreaker cruise.

Be a hell of an adventure and only 100 passengers not 5,000
      joe
      "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

• SJTD
        304 AMC
        • Apr 26, 2012

Seems to me you should be able to get it moved to a time that works for you.
        Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• mwood65
          258 I6
          • Jul 17, 2017

Originally posted by GWNashville
          Congrats to your wife , I admire the hard work it takes to be the best. Be glad they are postponing the cruise. My wife is a nurse and this virus is no joke. I suspect your up in age as I am so we need to be especially careful. Jamaica will still be there in August. I have been on several cruises and have enjoyed them all. Great advice from everyone. Hope you and your wife have a blast.

Up in age?!?!! What the hell man???

I am only 54 that's not real old yet. Just 8 years older than my Jeep!

I do have a lot of medical issue's but they are not respiratory related or anything. Just neuropathy and arthritis bad.

After all the I've been through in life I am not going to let something smaller than my willy do me in. (And there's few things that small)

I still feel this is 45% serious & 55% hype.

Although I am no doctor I did PLAY one in a dream I had with 3 nurses...

Comment

• MysticRob
            350 Buick
            • Nov 26, 2019

Surprised you're not typing in all caps, as old as you are.

Is your neuropathy from wear and tear or something like the Shingles virus?
            I ask cuz mine is from the latter, got it in late 2017 and left rib cage often feels like I'm getting stuck with a hot poker. Just something I have to live with, at 49yrs old, now that those nerves are damaged.
            --Rob--
            1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer / Baltic Blue & Tan

My build thread:
            https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...er-restoration

My Howell TBI Install How-To:
            https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-...rb-e-o-d-452-2

Comment

• elskeptico
              350 Buick
              • Sep 03, 2003

Sucks about your cruise. I hope you can do it another time or find some other adventure soon.

Italy's health system was completely overwhelmed by this. Doctors had to triage who to help based on who had a good chance of survival. There's plenty of news on that, go read up on it if curious.

This chart shows that the virus is progressing just as quickly (actually quicker) in the US as it did in Italy. US has a much larger population that Italy, not quite a fair comparison. But CA's and Italy's populations are similar, and the virus in CA is still growing at about the same pace as in Italy.

The point? Overcrowded hospitals lead to higher death counts and even greater panic. We just need to prepare so we don't panic.

1979 Cherokee Chief S, 360, TFI, Part-time conversion, rust

If you go lookin' for rust, you'll find it.

Comment

• pyro
                258 I6
                • Sep 15, 2012

Great video that everyone needs to watch reference this...

'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
                '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

FSJNetwork Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

Comment

Working...
                X