• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CO-J10
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 30, 2020

Assorted minor 1981 J10 bits needed

As my 81 J10 gets closer to being road-worthy, I'm starting to get down to the less important bits and pieces needed to get this rehab finished up. Here's my list, which I'll probably edit from time to time as things get found, and new needs crop up:

Interior:
    Drivers side seat belt latch with wire, in tan if possible. This is the short belt that's bolted to the floor.
    "B" pillar trim panels (left and right) - I'm guessing these were likely vinyl covered cardboard, and fill the area from the window belt-line down to the floor, and go behind the shoulder-belt retractor. I suppose I could make some of my own, but having a pattern to go by would be helpful.
    "A" pillar kick panel - passenger side. Same as the B pillar ones - I've got nothing right now.

Exterior:
    The plastic plugs that go in the holes in the pickup bed floor where the bed is bolted to the frame. I'm guessing anything could do, but I'd kinda like to use what was OE from the factory if possible. 9/4/2020 Update - figured this out with some stainless hardware store counter-top plumbing plugs. fit perfect - and nice and shiny!

Front-bumper air dam. Just missed out on one on eBay, so I know they're out there, but I also don't want to pay a million bucks for one either.

Grand-Wagoneer alloys - I only need one, as one of the 4 I found is a bit out of true. I need the early ones, without the gold painted inlays. Don't care if it's dirty, just need not bent. (and hopefully cheap) Don't need a solid centercap either. I do need a pair of open center caps for the locking hubs, and I'd rather not drill out the centers of the 2 caps I have - they are a little too nice for that.

Thanks in advance for anyone that has this stuff!
    Last edited by CO-J10; 09-05-2020, 09:01 AM.
    81 Jeep J-10 townside, 360/4-speed
  • levelhead
    232 I6
    • Nov 04, 2016

PM sent
    1988 GW (2)
    1980 Cherokee Laredo
    1979 Wagoneer
    1976 J10 401
    1977 Wagoneer 401
    1977 J10 4 speed
    1969 J3000 (2)
    1955 CJ3B
    1964 Wagoneer

Comment

• CO-J10
      230 Tornado
      • Jul 30, 2020

Thanks Levelhead - just PMd you back.

Comment

• CO-J10
        230 Tornado
        • Jul 30, 2020

Just updated the original post, took a few items off, added a couple. Thanks!

Comment

• DarkMonohue
          Shakes hands with danger
          • Jul 01, 2012

BJ's has the kick panel trim in ABS plastic. You can dye it with SEM Color Coat or probably cover it in vinyl if you want to.
          '85 J20 Old Man Truck, bought @ 65K miles - not great, but better than walking.
          Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
          High quality junk here: intro thread and slow build thread

Did you know? Willys is just Willis spelled differently, but pronounced the same. Neither Willy nor his apostrophe are involved.

Comment

Working...
          X