• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrandWagonero
    230 Tornado
    • Apr 02, 2006

How to get tailgate down first, then Tailgate Repair

I have an electric window tailgate that will not operate now. I need any help in knowing how to first, manually get the window down and tailgate open. Am I able to reach in through the back panel and unclick or unlock something to get it moving? I have had my tailgate worked on 4 times now, by different people (not having time to myself, but will now) The motor is good, the rods were replaced before, and the wiring is good. I believe it is the little safety latch that is busted and will not let the glass lower. Any help would be appreciated.

Try unplugging the safety switch and jumping across the plug after you get the interior panel off. If it won't come down, then you can pop off the clips on the window arms and lower the glass carefully and get it open that way.
    Art
    ASE Master Collision Tech
    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

Working...
    X