• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SC/397
    Administrator
    • Feb 01, 2010

Roger Mears Budweiser J-10

Stumbled on to this today.
    Soo…I’ve owned the Bud Honcho for a year and now finally have the time to kick off a build thread. I’ll do my best to answer all questions and keep it updated while I work my day job at UPR Racing Supply. I suspect this will actually consume less time than answering daily Rory Wards texts about...
    The Squeaky Wheel gets replaced in my world
  • DBX11
    258 I6
    • May 18, 2009

That is interesting reading . Any idea on the engine specs for those racing engines?

Comment

• SC/397
      Administrator
      • Feb 01, 2010

No and that is the curious thing about it to me.
      I stumbled on to this looking for information in regard to a AM forged connecting rod that is not listed anywhere. I can only assume it was for NASCAR racing, drag racing, or Jeep Truck racing. I have seen late really thick wall blocks that were casted after AMC was done with NASCAR after 1975. My assumption is that those blocks were used by Wally Booth and the Jeep racing teams. The article says that Traco built the engines but that is no surprise.
      The Squeaky Wheel gets replaced in my world

Comment

• DBX11
        258 I6
        • May 18, 2009

There is a guy wileymo on here out in Arizona had an old truck that was a racer I wonder if he would know. The old race vehicle market is a cool world it seems. I think it would be fun to drive around Baja for a few days maybe as a chase team.

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
          350 Buick
          • Feb 15, 2010

What info are you looking for? I got sidetracked reading the article again. I have a j10 sitting here that I am selling but may need to keep it and fix it up, damn jeep bug! I had a very similar j-10 race truck that I purchased with a lot of the one off equipment. I ended up selling it to the owner of the jeep farm and he was going to hand it as wall art in the shop.

Comment

• DBX11
            258 I6
            • May 18, 2009

I remember the posting of the American flag race j10 you had for sale. It was cool looking would have thought it would be one to redo for nostalgic purposes.
            I think a ripping Amc engine in one of those soft sprung race trucks would be a blast to play with.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
              Administrator
              • Oct 31, 2016

Thanks for posting, Rick! That thread is awesome! I came into the FSJ world after all the big names racers had left (like that truck and Tim). Sure would be great to see one re-enter some races these days. I am so tired of first gen Broncos and Blazers everywhere.
              Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
              (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
              (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
              79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
              (Cherokee Build Thread)
              11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
              09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
              00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
                350 Buick
                • Feb 15, 2010

Someone had put up my old race chassis for sale again, I see it every couple of years, funny the price for it went up 4x what I sold it for. Would like to get my old j-10 chassis back and fix it up, but I know he won't sell it. my old cherokee rode like a cadillac with the race leaf springs i had in it.

Comment

Working...
                X