International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tech Archives > Electrical

Old 07-28-2000, 10:12 PM
Third Member

Wink

Brenton, I humbly apologize for taking a part that is useful to you. But I did wait until the auction was nearly over to bid, because I wanted to see if anyone actually wanted it.

Next time I find one, anywhere, I'll be sure to let you know right away. I check all AMC, Jeep, and Wagoneer listings on eBay at least twice a day. Along with the Dallas Cowboys, eBay and this forum make up my basic surf routine.

I would really like to live where you live, by the way. I have a Newfoundland dog that I bought a couple years ago instead of moving to Missoula, and I named her "Montana Waits for You." So, I guess I got your grill for now, but I'd gladly give it up to be able to live where you do.

Old 07-30-2000, 01:56 PM

Cool

Since you're following this thread Brent, it was me who bought those bumperetts from you. I have them on and with that grill they look *****in'!! There is a yard near me that has a couple rhino's in it. I don't know how "rough" you're willing to go for, but if you let me know I will check them close and E you on it.
Allen
69 wag
Old 07-31-2000, 11:31 AM

Wink

Thank You Guys,

I'm just givin' ya a hard time. I was gonna go for that Grille, but the cash just disappeared. At least it went to a Jeep lover, and to be truthful, that's the name of the game. There've been things I *Rassled* over on eBay, And I'm sure somebody would wanna find me in a dark alley because they have never been offered since. 'Course I *paid* for it too.
Montana is beautiful, but it's been nasty hot this last week or so, and NOTHING is equipped with A/C so It's been HOT. Not like Phoenix where you retreated to the A/C in the house.
Thank you Jamchico..... Bumperettes.... now I recall... Glad they worked out for ya, and glad they look so nice. Imagine the bumper they came off of. It's gonna go on the Gladiator - which I am proud to report, is nearing completion. My target is October, and I just might make it. Please do check on those grilles for me. My only criteria is perfect straightness. No dents, and no *major* rust. Other'n that it doesn't matter to me (well it does need to have all of the mounting tabs). I took a second look at mine, and I just don't wanna tackle fixing it. It's bent at the emblem mount to the point where the slats very nearly touch the next adjacent one (which is not bent). The metal is split from the mounting hole out to the edge. I'd probably have to pay a body shop as much as I would spend on a replacement grille, and mine still needs re-coating anyway, and I wanna save the body shop money for replacement rocker panels.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks again,

Brenton