• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

anyone streaming the olympics? NBC has pissed me off for the final time

$%^&*( clowns, more adverts than actual games, and not showing the end of races

anyone streaming it ? if so how? everything i tried either needs multiple apps or is a Pay site

Thanks
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:
  • WrenchMonkey
    232 I6
    • Dec 15, 2016

We've been streaming it mostly on Hulu and our experience sounds very similar, skipping athlete's/runs/whole events, missing context, things ending mid event, it's been real lame.
    1977 J20 w/ the 360 V8 with 304 heads formerly known as "401"....
    Edelbrock Performer, Street Demon Carb, HEI Distributor

Comment

• babywag
      out of order
      • Jun 08, 2005

IMHO they should give broadcast rights to a different network.
      NBC’s coverage is a sad joke for many reasons.
      Last games similar. Poor job of covering things.

I get that it’s a monumental job, but some of the nonsense they do?, there is just no logic behind it.
      Tony
      88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• ZackN920
        350 Buick
        • Nov 18, 2015

Streaming? What's that?

I watch it on some old device called... A Television Set!...

Yea, they suck. Where's the medal ceremonies? Why don't they show more coverage on the main channel. I don't have that msnbc junk. I wouldn't mind seeing a little of the other stuff. IE, hockey, curling, 4 man bobsled and more.

HA! Give broadcasting rights to someone else... They had to PAY for the broadcasting rights! The network should have told the Olympic committee to off. Maybe then a better one would have picked it up and done a better job with airing it. Or we would get nothing... But I doubt that. Too many people would've bulked about it.
        1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
        Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
        ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

• SJTD
          304 AMC
          • Apr 26, 2012

NBC got the rights because they bid the most money. Then they had to come up with the money.

Quality takes a back seat to advertising.

Maybe if the advertisers got enough feedback like "why are you supporting the crappy coverage" it would change.
          Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

Working...
          X