• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mwood65
    258 I6
    • Jul 17, 2017

Depressing post...

Well guys & gals, Just found out I have cancer on top of my other health issues so I am starting to get rid of a lot of my toys and vehicles.

My 1974 Cherokee is going up for sale and I wanted to put it on here first before I list it on Craigs list & facebook in case one of you is interested.

I will post an ad in the classified in a few days as I am laid up with a blood clot in my leg right now.

I will get pictures and detailed info on it in the ad.

Basically it is the 258, T-18 with the granny low & a Dana 20 transfer case.
    Runs perfect & has been 100% reliable for the 8 years I have owned it. ALWAYS starts and can be driven anywhere.

Needs painted & a headliner and dash pad and thats mainly it.
    Have the winch bumper that was on it before and a set of 4" lift springs & rancho shocks. Also have a couple boxes of spare items like taillight lenses and suck.
    Has zero rust but the body work wasn't the best so maybe some more sanding and stuff. Every rust spot was cut out and new panels welded in and the finish work was not the best as far as filler and sanding.

Didn't know where to start so another member who knows the vehicle suggested 4k or make an offer. Need it gone but not giving it away. If it don't sell I'll leave it to my son when I am gone.

Like I said when the clot is gone and I can walk around without crazy pain I will get pictures and post it in the classifieds. Anyone who has questions can ask away.

It's in Payson, AZ. if anyone wants to check it out in person.
  • Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

Christ brother,...... you are in your prayers, i hope you can get all the loose ends taken care of so you can have peace of mind and get well

Steve
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
      350 Buick
      • Aug 19, 2003

I'm Sorry to hear this.

I don't know you personaly, but that hardly matters in my opinion. You have been active on the forum for years. It feels like we all know each other to some degree. Stay strong.

I think for a rust free reliable FSJ 4k is on the light side these days.

Comment

• Heep-J4000
        350 Buick
        • Feb 09, 2014

Man that sucks bad
        This kind of messages are making me always very sad.
        I know from personal experience that life isn't for granted
        And can imagine that it is hard to swallow when you know that you haven't much time anymore on this planet and need to sell the things you enjoyed and had good adventures with.
        And organise everything for the loved ones you going to leave behind.

Hope you stay strong and wish you all the best and strength for the journey ahead of you!
        Jeep "because mother nature hates flat roads to"

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=180974

99' Dodge ram 2500 4x4 crew cab 5.9 Cummins ,backup work truck for now
        73' Jeep J4000 (named Heep or Desert Dragon) amc 360 V8 converted to LPG with T15/D20 (was my daily work truck for thirteen years and is getting major overhaul at the moment!)
        80' Jeep cj5 350 V8 Chevy/sm420/D300 project
        70/71 Jeep J4000 parts truck with Buick 350

Former vehicles:
        85' Volkswagen caddy mk1 1.6 diesel.
        83 Toyota land cruiser BJ42 3.4 diesel.

Comment

• chubbinius
          258 I6
          • Oct 31, 2018

I am so sorry to hear that. On top of your other worries, now this.

My family and I will pray for healing and recovery for you as we do for others each night. Please don't plan your eulogy yet or sell off your Cherokee. Please hold onto hope and plan for your recovery.
          1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
          -Dauntless 350 V8
          -D27 front/D44 rear
          2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• letank
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Jun 03, 2002

Sorry to read about your diagnostic, may be your doc can find some excellent therapy to control the disease.

As for the chero... if rust free , being a 74 it should fetch at lot more than $4K for those Californians who will not have to deal with smog check
            Michel
            74 wag, 349Kmiles on original ticker/trany, except for the rust. Will it make it to the next get together without a rebuilt? Status: needs a new body.
            85 Gwag, 229 Kmiles. $250 FSJ test lab since 02, that refuses to give up but still leaks.

Comment

• drcom
              258 I6
              • Oct 02, 2011

You are in our prayers. When our health goes bad as yours and mine have, we realize how short it is. I pray you have peace in Jesus alone. Thanks for being part of this crazy hobby of Jeeps. There is hardly a hobby larger than the Jeep folks. I experienced similar when I use to ride my Harley. It is rare.
              1970 Wagoneer Custom (9/1969)
              Original Arizona Jeep
              Buick 350/TH400/Dana20
              Early model with razor grill
              Spring Green exterior (original)

Custom series interior

Comment

• SC/397
                Administrator
                • Feb 01, 2010

I am sorry to hear this but don't give up! I know it is much different but I am finishing my fight with Prostate cancer myself. Things are improved and I am feeling better. Having typed all of that, it actually made me feel better mentally buy buying MORE toys and not selling out.
                Good luck to you.
                The Squeaky Wheel gets replaced in my world

Comment

• Crankyolman
                  350 Buick
                  • Sep 27, 2017

I'm sorry to hear that. Sending good thoughts your way.
                  '72 J4500

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                    360 AMC
                    • Oct 02, 2002

Never sell short a good miracle. They happen all the time. I mean don't give up. Your body will follow the mind. And being careful about the fuel you feed it matters more than people realize. Our food is laden with chemicals now. Everything wants clean fuel. Check that and see how your doing there. Prayer really helps and you will be in ours. Life will never stop handing us big challenges. Challenges we are supposed to learn from. It sucks. Don't give up and fight back. Every cell in your body is programmed to heal itself. Help that by thinking well and surrounding yourself with people that grow you and good old laughter. If it is your time well than you won't change that. But hearing you sound so defeated is naturally distressing. Hang in there and my wife and I will pray for you to be well. That is the most powerful thing we can do from here.
                    Melford1972 says...
                    I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
                    -----------------------
                    I make wag parts
                    1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                    1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                    1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
                    1968 M715 restomod
                    2001 Dodge 3500
                    2002 Toyota Tundra
                    2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
                    Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 31, 2016

Ah man, Mike. When it rains it pours. My wife and I will be praying for you, too, bud. I'm with Kaiserjeeps; don't count out a miracle. We live in crazy times but it is also a good time to be sick considering all the treatments we have available.

I agree, that $4k is a good price to start for what I know of your rig. Actually, i would probably list it at $4200 and say "firm". That should hopefully let you avoid the stupid low offers. You are close enough that people in California will come get it since it is smog exempt.
                      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                      (Cherokee Build Thread)
                      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• mwood65
                        258 I6
                        • Jul 17, 2017

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, Interacted with some people on here and met a few in person. Everyone seems like such nice people.

My daughter got upset when I told her I was going to sell the Jeep because she hoped to have it someday. I feel it would be better to pass it on to someone who wants it and will take care of it (mostly). I could really use the money because doctor bills ain't cheap but the enjoyment of her having it is better.

So sorry for the post but I guess I won't sell it. If things go badly then I guess the Jeep, my atv, my guns and all my tools will maybe get me remembered when they use them.......AND if there is some sort of miracle then maybe I will get to use them some more before I leave them behind.

The clutch is getting annoying with my bad legs so it's painful to be clutching a lot. My friend has a 93' Chevy suburban 2500 with the 454 and 4x4 he said he will let me have for $1500 and it's all good.
                        My brother said he would buy it for me and we can put my plow on it for winter (and he gets his 2wd Tahoe stuck alot and needs pulled out...lol)
                        So I guess that will be my new ride and the Cherokee can get covered and parked for now till my daughter is ready for it.
                        We are going out on some easy to medium roads/trails so I can show her the finer points of off road driving so she can be more capable.
                        The suburban will be 100X more comfortable, better power, power brakes and the only downside is the mpg but I don't drive much these days anyways.

Comment

• mwood65
                          258 I6
                          • Jul 17, 2017

Update....

I went to the Mayo clinic to find out about treatment options.

After they did their own testing they said I have an exceptionally high PSA and don't know why, but it IS NOT cancer.

I HIGHLY recommend not getting a prostate biopsy unless absolutely necessary! Very painful!

Anyways at Mayo they did a CT scan and saw no tumors. I asked why the hell the other doctor didn't just do the scan instead of the painful biopsy and They said the insurance wont pay for a CT scan unless a biopsy is done first....

Glad I didn't sell off all my toys because I woulda been pretty pissed.

So I guess I will be around to ask stupid questions and be a pain in everyone's ass for a little longer.

Comment

That's great news. As for Drs, I had one who told me my continuous sinus drainage was due to copd, and handed me a $250 prescription for an inhaler, one month supply. When I asked the price at the pharmacy, wadded it up, tossed it. Never went back, transfered to VA, and that was 10 years ago. She left the area about a year later

There is a reason they call it " practicing medicine " or "doctor's practice".
                            Last edited by goldhammer; 12-01-2021, 09:16 PM.
                            Art
                            ASE Master Collision Tech
                            "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                              Administrator
                              • Oct 31, 2016

Praise the Lord! That is fantastic news!! I love it when God answers prayers the way we like it!
                              Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                              (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                              (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                              79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                              (Cherokee Build Thread)
                              11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                              09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                              00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                              X