• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OneMoreJeepPlease
    232 I6
    • Oct 19, 2010

7427 Programing?

Back to the mother ship.
    I have been working on TBI on my 86 Grand for almost a year now.
    Its had its starts and stops, like most Jeep related things do.
    I started a whole thread about everything on Binder Planet called First Try TBI. I kept the same user name for that forum so if you want to look for it.
    I will run through the specs really quickly.
    1986 Grand Wagoneer
    Rebuild AMC 360 out of a 75 Wagoneer.
    30 overbore, RV cam, Edelbrock 4 barrel intake, Edelbrock shorty headers.
    TBI out of a 95 Suburban 350 Chevy.
    4 wire O2 sensor, fuel tank and pump out of a 89 Jeep Cherokee.

So I got it all up and running, now my question is about adjusting the bin for the chip. Most of the people that I have found that are running this ECM/Chip already had their Jeep up and running on the 7477 chip, and they used that information plus a couple little changes to get their engine to work. I however don't have that luxury as I never had a base to start with. So I am looking for suggestions as where to start. I know it is primary timing and fuel and I am working on those maps, but are there other things that I should be looking at?

Also VSS, I would like to use the VSS on the cruise control for the vehicle, I know that it will display the wrong speed, but somewhere in the bin there should be someplace to adjust it?

Thanks for all the help.
    Please Sir may I have Another.
    1986 Grand Wagoneer 360/727/228
    1985 Grand Wagoneer 360/727/???
    1985 J10 PU 258/999/208
    1983 Cherokee WT 401/???/208
    1991 Cherokee 4.0/AX15/231J
  • babywag
    out of order
    • Jun 08, 2005

AFAIK there is no place in the .bin to adjust from 2k to 8k for VSS.

You will need to get/build a conversion box for that if you want to use the 8k Jeep vss.
    If you want to build one read the below thread.
    I was wondering if anyone has ever successfully used the Waggy VSS for their TBI Conversion. My goal is to use the same sensor for both the cruise control module and the GM ECM. Here is what I know so far. The Wagoneer uses an 8-pole VSS sensor for its cruise control module and the GM ECM uses a 2-pole sensor for its VSS

For fueling, just datalog and adjust using the BLM numbers.
    There is a spreadsheet on gearhead-efi forum that helps some folks.
    There is also a good tutorial on there on how to tune.

The AMC 360 also likes a fair bit more AE (Acceleration Enrichment) vs. stock chevy .bin, I'd bump up the AE TPS table.
    Last 2 systems I tuned went uber lean, (backfire out TB) on rapid acceleration w/ stock .bin.
    I simply multiplied it until I got a rich bog, then decreased until I was happy.
    Tony
    88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• OneMoreJeepPlease
      232 I6
      • Oct 19, 2010

Yeah, on my first test drive it back fired on me also. I read that write up, and as much fun as I have had with this whole process, I will probably just get the one from JTR.

Another question about the errors. I have an error with my coolant temperature. The log is showing the engine temp and that is correct, but it also has a place for coolant temp, and that is incorrect.
      So right now it is showing the engine temp as being 198 but the coolant temp is 92. Is there a way to turn off that error, or am I missing a sensor/wire?
      Please Sir may I have Another.
      1986 Grand Wagoneer 360/727/228
      1985 Grand Wagoneer 360/727/???
      1985 J10 PU 258/999/208
      1983 Cherokee WT 401/???/208
      1991 Cherokee 4.0/AX15/231J

Comment

• babywag
        out of order
        • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by OneMoreJeepPlease
        Yeah, on my first test drive it back fired on me also. I read that write up, and as much fun as I have had with this whole process, I will probably just get the one from JTR.

Another question about the errors. I have an error with my coolant temperature. The log is showing the engine temp and that is correct, but it also has a place for coolant temp, and that is incorrect.
        So right now it is showing the engine temp as being 198 but the coolant temp is 92. Is there a way to turn off that error, or am I missing a sensor/wire?
        92*C is 198*F, you sure you're not just confusing 2 diff. displayed values?
        Tony

Comment

• blazer3664
          350 Buick
          • Mar 08, 2009

Was noticing some things displayed in C instead of F also. Kinda messes with you.

Is there an easy way to set everything temp wise to F on the displays?

Jim
          modified flares, removable top, OBA w/200psi tank,
          LQ4, 4L80e,NWF doubler w/upside down 203
          SOA w/ D44s F+R for now
          H1 wheels+tires (cut), hydroboost brakes
          custom shackle flip
          W/F150 springs
          -----Coming Soon-----
          snorkels,
          OX'd D60/14B-FF

Comment

• babywag
            out of order
            • Jun 08, 2005

You can edit/customize the dash. There are different settings that can be chosen for "gauges" that display in F* vs. C*

Here is a pic from when I ran an $OE mask .bin in 2012. You'll see the coolant temp is in "F*", and a MAP gauge.
            You can make/add/change whatever you prefer for a dash, just have to play around with it.

Last edited by babywag; 09-13-2016, 07:05 AM.
            Tony

Comment

Working...
            X