• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank
    327 Rambler
    • Jun 06, 2000

Boobie swap considerations

Been considering this for a while but before I leap, is a switch-over of the hood latching mechanism required? Can my '88 hood remain as-is, and I would simply add the hood bar to complete the look? Or, am I not seeing something important?

I always miss something important...
    Frank
    '88 Grand Wagoneer (Almond), "Sluggo" (RIP)
    '88 Grand Wagoneer, (Baltic Blue) "Sluggo II" (RIP)
    '89 Grand Wagoneer, (Dover Grey) "Sluggo III", keeping my hobby alive!
  • jamesdart
    258 I6
    • Jan 05, 2013

not really any help but do you have a boobie already?
    1978 wagoneer, jasper 360 performer intake holley 600,700r4, twinstick dana 300, dana 44s with 4.10s and Yukon zip locker, York oba, 4" rusty's spring lift, 33x10.50 km2, ramsey ford front bumper with worm drive ramsey winch, 4" pipe air tank rear bumper with spare tire swing out.

Comment

• lobie
      258 I6
      • Feb 25, 2011

Originally posted by Frank
      Been considering this for a while but before I leap, is a switch-over of the hood latching mechanism required? Can my '88 hood remain as-is, and I would simply add the hood bar to complete the look? Or, am I not seeing something important?

I think it is. When I switched from a pig nose to a razor on my 79 it was hard to get my fingers in to reach the latch.
      With the boobie I think it would be almost impossible to get your fingers/hand in to reach the latch.
      77 Wagoneer | 6.0 | TH400 | NP205 | Sterling 10.5 | Dana 60
      07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
      CFSJC

Comment

• Frank
        327 Rambler
        • Jun 06, 2000

Originally posted by jamesdart
        not really any help but do you have a boobie already?
        Working on it. It's from an untouched Wag and I was thinking about asking for everything I needed - buckets, hood bar, any attachment points, clips - even the headlights.

I just don't see how the installation of the grille would mandate a change to the hood release mechanism - IF it's all cosmetic.
        Frank

Comment

• Mike7009
          350 Buick
          • May 26, 2003

i think you should be ok. you have the hood release inside the jeep so that part shouldn't be a problem. and i don't think the release thats on the drivers side should be in the way of anything.
          -74 Cherokee 360, qt part-time, 4" lift 33's
          -90 waggy, soa w/ford f250 axles
          -Subaru legacy gt wagon. turbo
          -2012 tundra trd rock warrior

Comment

• blkwarrior
            327 Rambler
            • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by Frank

It is a fairly easy swap but there some little things that I had to take care of.

1. 7 little tabs for the pig nose
            2. modification of the valance so that the round light bezels would fit
            3. made tabs to retain the bezels
            4. The hood latch release can still remain
            5. hod has to be modified (a little) for the hood bar ( I left mine off).

These are the things that I can recall I had to deal with, other than them it was easy. One day with a cut-off wheel and some basic tools and all done.
            1984 GW
            360/727/208/ Edl 1406/ Custom exhaust

Future
            Something Sweet with mean capabilities .

Comment

• lobie
              258 I6
              • Feb 25, 2011

Originally posted by Mike7009
              i think you should be ok. you have the hood release inside the jeep so that part shouldn't be a problem. and i don't think the release thats on the drivers side should be in the way of anything.
              I didn't realize the release was cable driven from inside the vehicle. Should be good to go.
              77 Wagoneer | 6.0 | TH400 | NP205 | Sterling 10.5 | Dana 60
              07 6.7 Cummins 2500 4wd

lobie4x4.com
              CFSJC

Comment

• Frank
                327 Rambler
                • Jun 06, 2000

Sounds great so far - looking forward to this. Now, is there anything on the donor I should ask the owner to pull? Anything beyond what my eyes can see? Like I said, I'm even going to ask for the headlights!
                Frank

Comment

Working...
                X