X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

READ BEFORE USING TEAMGRANDWAGONEER!!!

there have been thread after thread over the years of the poor service this company provides. it is this reason we are warning new guys of this company.

buy at your own risk.
    Last edited by Ristow; 08-16-2015, 09:22 AM.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...
  • Ristow
    • Jan 20, 2006

i have stuck the threads on how awful TGW is.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Tripwire
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Jul 30, 2000

Oooh getting ugly now about darn time someone put this up..... I will never ever buy stuff from them- if they had the only part left on the planet and money was no object - I would learn to live without...

Nuff said
      Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• babywag
        out of order
        • Jun 08, 2005

Doesn't get much lower than "F"

Tony
        88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• YellowJeep
          350 Buick
          • Jan 20, 2007

For what it's worth, I just bought some stuff from them and it shipped and arrived right away. No issues.

Your mileage may vary.
          Chad-
          88 Wrangler - TBI350 SM465 Ford 8.8
          79 Cherokee Golden Eagle - AKA "The Screamin Eagle" 5.3 Runs and Drives. TH400 and Q-Trac!
          77 Pontiac CanAm - 6.0LSx/4l80e swap
          2010 - Ford Flex Limited AKA the wifes wagon
          Carbs suck!

Comment

• drherndon
            230 Tornado
            • Nov 12, 2000

To add.....not sure if they are getting their act permanently "together" but I have also taken the risk over the past couple of months and had success. The windshield gasket was missing from my full weatherstrip kit order but they got it out asap. My MTS tank ended up being backordered but that was well communicated and verified with MTS. couple other odds and ends here and there which all were fulfilled with no issues.

Comment

• darylb
              232 I6
              • Jan 22, 2015

TeamGrandWagoneer is good by me

I've been using TeamGrandWagoneer for over 3 years now. Almost exclusively since last year. Spent over $3500 in the last 18 months and never had a single problem. I just bought their new seatbelts which are marked as a 2 week wait and 2 days later, today, I got the shipping notice.
              I think you guys need to rethink this sticky.
              TGW is just as good as BJs Offroad, though a bit pricier they have many things BJs does not. To be honest, I use both to find parts and then look on Amazon. If I can't find what I want there I go to these two.
              Anyone know about FSJPARTS.COM They don't have much on their site, but I am curious if they are good shippers and if their parts are what they say they are.
              1973 J4800 - 401- TH400 Novac Stage 2 - D20

Comment

• J10blues
                258 I6
                • Mar 21, 2014

TGW sucks!

The problem is not really the buying part, I mean they'll take your money and send you the part. The problem is their customer service sucks! If you ever have to contact them for some reason about an error on your order......forget it! I've recently ordered from them and got the wrong part so naturally I tried to contact them in every way possible and got absolutely no response! That my friend is reason enough to be weary of any business IMHO. I've bought stuff at the local swap meets and if I have a problem with what I bought I know that the chances of returning it is not good, but that's at a swap meet not an established business like TGW. So I disagree with the above post that we should rethink this issue......it's a good thing to warn newbies about TGW! End of Story!!

Ben
                77 J10
                360 complete rebuild
                TH400
                Eddy Performer intake/Non EGR/CompCams 268 H
                Eddy 1406
                MSD 4AL/MSD 8519Dist/TFI coil
                Holley fuel pump
                MagnaFlow exhaust

02 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Comment

• darylb
                  232 I6
                  • Jan 22, 2015

I've been buying FSJ parts for over 15 years including BJs, Bulltear, Novak and TGW. So far I've never had to contact TGW, so I wouldn't know about that level of customer service. They provide the products they say at the prices they say and for many of us we never need to talk to them about problems.

I have had a couple of problems with BJs, so I called them. Yes, they answered, but they took their supplier's side in one argument rather than mine. I have also been given completely wrong advice on parts working in my rig by BJs (their 401 TH400 flex plate will not work on my 73 nailhead tranny without an adapter available from both Bulltear and Novak). Does that mean I should go online and give them bad reviews? No, it means that I understand now that they are supporting their suppliers over their customers (and deleting valid bad product reviews) and that they aren't the world's foremost experts on every aspect of FSJ repairs, parts and upgrades. So I will deal with them on this level knowing the issues just like I will with TGW. Every company has good and bad sides to dealing with them. TGW is far from the worst since so far (over $4000 in orders from them) I have not had a problem that required me to contact TGW. And yes, I see that others have had problems contacting them, so I am warned. Just like I know that there are going to be possible issues with Bulltear, Novak, and even the great and glorious BJ's offroad.

So, shouldn't you also warn about Randy's (bad CS as well), Bulltear (people have had problems here) and there are a few posts on this board about issues with BJ's as well. So, all companies have CS issues and going after one seems to be personal rather than factual. I've worked CS before and one thing is certain, you will never satisfy everyone.
                  Last edited by darylb; 11-27-2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• J10blues
                    258 I6
                    • Mar 21, 2014

Darylb,

You may want to move your post to here so others can chime in, always good to know what others think:

Well, Chalk it up to newbie. I didn't research enough before jumping all in. Obviously when you search for Wagoneer parts, Team Grand Wagoneer is the first site that comes up. Very professional site, lots of great pictures, ordering process is easy. >$500 order placed on Sept. 26th. Had comments in my order to

Ben
                    77 J10
                    360 complete rebuild
                    TH400
                    Eddy 1406
                    Holley fuel pump
                    MagnaFlow exhaust

02 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                      Señor Jackhead
                      • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by darylb
                      I've been buying FSJ parts for over 15 years including BJs, Bulltear, Novak and TGW. So far I've never had to contact TGW, so I wouldn't know about that level of customer service. They provide the products they say at the prices they say and for many of us we never need to talk to them about problems.

I have had a couple of problems with BJs, so I called them. Yes, they answered, but they took their supplier's side in one argument rather than mine. I have also been given completely wrong advice on parts working in my rig by BJs (their 401 TH400 flex plate will not work on my 73 nailhead tranny without an adapter available from both Bulltear and Novak). Does that mean I should go online and give them bad reviews? No, it means that I understand now that they are supporting their suppliers over their customers (and deleting valid bad product reviews) and that they aren't the world's foremost experts on every aspect of FSJ repairs, parts and upgrades. So I will deal with them on this level knowing the issues just like I will with TGW. Every company has good and bad sides to dealing with them. TGW is far from the worst since so far (over $4000 in orders from them) I have not had a problem that required me to contact TGW. And yes, I see that others have had problems contacting them, so I am warned. Just like I know that there are going to be possible issues with Bulltear, Novak, and even the great and glorious BJ's offroad.

So, shouldn't you also warn about Randy's (bad CS as well), Bulltear (people have had problems here) and there are a few posts on this board about issues with BJ's as well. So, all companies have CS issues and going after one seems to be personal rather than factual. I've worked CS before and one thing is certain, you will never satisfy everyone.
                      Ask Questions and Research, Research, Research. You probably know this by now...

The 71-73 T400 on Jeep 360s all used an adapter on a NON AMC bell T400. If you really want to put a 401 on that tranny and adapter, you are going to need to have a 360 flexplate re-balanced for the 401 because there was never such an animal made. On the flip side, it would be pretty easy to find an AMC bell T400 (74-79 models) and convert to that using an over the shelf 401 flex plate (74-78). I do not know how you can fault BJs on this particular complaint.
                      Flint
                      Ran when parked.
                      http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                      88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                      76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                      http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Ristow
                        • Jan 20, 2006

nah,we're gonna let this one ride. i just wanna help them show off that F rating they earned.

but thrilled for your great service you received otherwise.

Comment

• Crist Clapper
                          I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
                          • Apr 28, 2008

I fear problems still exists. Two-weeks of emails/calls(personal cell-phone too)... No response.

It seems with these folks if you order the simple/straight-forward stuff... Likely their process will work. Any variation and the dark-hole opens.
                          1990 Grand Wagoneer:
                          Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
                          Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• darylb
                            232 I6
                            • Jan 22, 2015

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                            The 71-73 T400 on Jeep 360s all used an adapter on a NON AMC bell T400. If you really want to put a 401 on that tranny and adapter, you are going to need to have a 360 flexplate re-balanced for the 401 because there was never such an animal made. On the flip side, it would be pretty easy to find an AMC bell T400 (74-79 models) and convert to that using an over the shelf 401 flex plate (74-78). I do not know how you can fault BJs on this particular complaint.
                            I also know that you can buy an adapter for the TH400 to TF727 crankshaft flange from either of two sources I gave in my post so that you can use the 74 and later 401 plate. I went with the Novak rebuilt TH400 with the AMC bolt pattern because I needed a full rebuild and why put in an adapter when you can just change cases for the same cost? Know anyone wants a cheap Nailhead with AMC adapater?

I only "fault" BJs for giving me bad advice. As I was investigating why the 401 to BOP/Nailhead tranny with adapter is bleeding all over my driveway and it isn't the normal Jeep oil leaks, I started hearing about this issue. So, I asked Ryan at BJs because I was going to order their flexplate if they had one for me. He told me their 401 would work for my BOP/Nailhead. Sorry, as you said, research... I got this thing from a guy who put all the right parts on all the wrong way. Made a 401 swap without the right flexplate or adapter and destroyed the tranny and put a square bore on a spread bore intake without an adapter and I had a puddle of fuel on a hot intake after my short test ride. Not to mention the wiring additions, air horn and custom front bumper/bushguard.
                            And I still use and recommend BJs. Brent and Ryan are honest, fair and do the best they can. Nobody is perfect at everything, and that was my point.

And Crist Clapper may be on to something, I have ordered quite a few items but nothing requiring customization. Seat belts were the most complex, and they came on schedule 14 business days later. What I thought was early was the rest of the order.

Back to this thread (Sorry Ristow, I agree you should move some of this). Obviously TGW has done more than a few people wrong on the customer contact side. But, so far as I can tell they haven't robbed, cheated or done serious wrong to anyone. Mostly irritated and made miserable. My luck with TGW is that I have never needed or asked for their customer service contact, but every other aspect of their service and product is top notch. I don't think I will be special if one of my orders goes awry, I'm simply relating my experiences and bad customer service is pretty much the norm today in all businesses. I'm to the point I give 4 stars for being honest about the product and getting most orders right, and the fifth for going beyond in CS.

BJs exactly the same. I have, though, contacted them for advice (mostly good) and for product assistance which they gave so I have no negatives to say about them and do say positives. My fight is with the product, not the seller. If you want me to go off on Thorley Chocked Down Headers I'll give you an earful. This has nothing to do with Brent, Ryan or BJ's Offroad. They handled my customer service situation fine. However, negative product reviews even with photo evidence are deleted, so I now ignore their reviews altogether. Pretty much like everywhere else.

So, to be fair, TGW gets 4 stars from me and BJs gets 5. They do give good customer support.

Sorry again Ristow, I will now leave this hijacked thread and flog myself with a broken fan belt.
                            Last edited by darylb; 11-28-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• J10blues
                              258 I6
                              • Mar 21, 2014

Well that was a 360.........but I still think TGW's customer service sucks!!Lol!
                              Last edited by J10blues; 11-28-2015, 09:27 PM.

Ben
                              77 J10
                              360 complete rebuild
                              TH400
                              Eddy 1406
                              Holley fuel pump
                              MagnaFlow exhaust

02 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Comment

Working...